Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For all those fans out there who love Bloc party heres the place to say it also what song you like any, info. or just general chit chat about the band then!!
    Whose ever met them before!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think they're decent. Got 2 albums in my car but haven't played 'em in a while.

ReputationRep:
    Saw them at Reading Festival and they were amazing! I love most of their stuff but prefer their earlier work. Does anyone know where Cavaliers and Roundheads is from, love the song but haven't got it on silent alarm or weekend in the city. I figured it was either too new or too old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x-Squiffy -x-)
    Saw them at Reading Festival and they were amazing! I love most of their stuff but prefer their earlier work. Does anyone know where Cavaliers and Roundheads is from, love the song but haven't got it on silent alarm or weekend in the city. I figured it was either too new or too old
    Yeah its apprently from their other Cd which realsed the single Hunting for Witches which contains a remix of the song and also Roundheads and Cavaliers in it!!

ReputationRep:
    At their best they're absolutely stellar. However I think they're yet to release an album that's great all the way through. Silent Alarm overstretched (last three tracks were unnecessary in my opinion), and A Weekend in the City had two or three slightly dull tracks. I do absolutely love some of their songs though (So Here We Are in particular is just gorgeous).
    Saw them live in February and they were fantastic

ReputationRep:
    Just dont bother with there "DJ sets" they put on around the country, lol.
    - Worked one of them last summer, our house DJs are better...

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    They are incredible. Saw them back in February and am going again in December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    They are incredible. Saw them back in February and am going again in December
    Where did you see them?

ReputationRep:
    'I Still Remember' ftw. =]
    Catchy as hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliotmcv)
    Where did you see them?
    Manchester Academy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    Manchester Academy.
    Ah, I see. I thought maybe coming from Wales you might've seen them in Bristol like me. Never mind!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, Manchester's closer

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, Wales is bigger than I give it credit for :p: I foolishly assumed you were coming from the South.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, Anglesey About as North as it goes really

ReputationRep:
    My favorite has to be "Hunting for Witches." I wanted to see them in June but I was out of town.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know any of their music. Just remember my then-bf putting on one of their albums for background music as I lost my virginity.

Good times....!!

ReputationRep:
    I think Bloc Party are great- favourite tracks are Price of Gasoline/Banquet from Silent Alarm and Song For Clay/Kreuzberg from Weekend in the City!

ReputationRep:
    Bloc Party are great. Silent Alarm > A Weekend in the City though.
    Also, I've seen them live and they need a bit of work. Their music works because it all fits so well together, but when they're playing live they don't seem to have the balance right. It's always quite hard to hear the vocals and the instruments just seem like they're trying to play over each other, which is obviously something that is fixed in the studio and refined in the editing room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiggles)
    Bloc Party are great. Silent Alarm > A Weekend in the City though.
    Also, I've seen them live and they need a bit of work. Their music works because it all fits so well together, but when they're playing live they don't seem to have the balance right. It's always quite hard to hear the vocals and the instruments just seem they're like trying to play over each other, which is obviously something that is fixed in the studio and refined in the editing room.
    Definitely. They were really good live when I saw them ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    Was thinking of getting tickets for Gmex gig but I only really wanna see The Cribs after the disappointment that was 'Weekend In The City'

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.