Cos i am & i'm really stuck for a 3rd subject xx

P.s. Yeah i know i posted it in the Hope & JMU bit first, doh

ReputationRep:
    yeah me

im only doing two - spanish and communications

ReputationRep:
    Yay go us!

Ooo i thought you had to do 3?

Or is that just my ranom course lol awh well i may just do portugese... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charly_likes_cake)
    Cos i am & i'm really stuck for a 3rd subject xx

P.s. Yeah i know i posted it in the Hope & JMU bit first, doh
    Which 2 have you already chosen? Have you spoken to the director he was ace in helping me decide which to pick?

ReputationRep:
    Well i want English to be my like main one so i want subjects to compliment that. I've definetly decided on Philosophy and i wanted to do communication studies but i don't think we can do that =[ so i'm stumped!

Might just do eygptology for a laugh lol

Which 3 are you doing? & are you going into your first year in september too?

xx

ReputationRep:
    Nah im a 2nd yr, i do history and politics (used to do film studies too but dropped that now). Of your looking to concentrate on english maybe try something like Irish Studies as thats quite Lit based apparently. Quite a few English students were in my Film class, its quite similar to Communication i think, but depends on your interests. Loads of people i think take Eyptology as their 3rd for a laugh cos it sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    Haha i'll take your word for it =] i was thinkin bout doin Irish Studies yeah cos the man did mention it had loads of literature! Or yeah European film studies sounds good to... i don't suppose you could tell me honestly what its like?

My friend doing combined in Stirling said film studies was a bit of a dos & i don't really want that but i suppose it'd be different in diff unis?

Thanks for your help xx

ReputationRep:
    Honestly its a bit of a joke if you've ever done media/film, way too basic but my friends who had never done it found it quite difficult to grasp all of the pointless technical info we had to know. Although i enjoyed the course im not a fan of the lecturer or her film choices so for me considering i did it at A Level was a waste of time. Its only an easy option if you've done it before but its a nice course for a 3rd subject.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm i'll have to consider that then. Sounds like Irish Studies would be more beneficial to me on the whole *ponders*

Thanks loads for your help! xx

ReputationRep:
    ive just finished my first year of doing english and communication, but when i arrived id applied to do combined honours. so if you're REALLY stuck for a 3rd sucject but know you want to do english and communication, you could swap to that. i emailed them about it on the first day but didnt recieve a response so i thought they werent going to let me.i went to the welcome talk for combined arts and i told them my name and they said that my transfer request had been accepted. so if you have the grades and you really want to change you probably can. hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Oo oo oo! Thanks for lettin me know! May i just ask what are the grades required to do eng & communbication? xx

ReputationRep:
    Combined Honours here too. I chose English and Ancient History, since I was good at them at A level but also had trouble with a third. I just tried to choose something different so it wouldn't be all one sided (i.e another history type class) so went with Politics.

ReputationRep:
    Think its gone up this year to AAB including either lang or lit. even if you havnt got the grades, if you really cant decide on a 3rd subject its worth asking if you can move cuz u dont wana do an extra subject just for the sake of it x

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah i suppose but still i'm really lookin forward to doin philosophy lol & you only do the third subject for the first year so thats k xx

ReputationRep:
    i did eng politics and philosophy. I wanted to drop politics and only took it up as I thought- might as well know something about the world. At the end I actually realised I prefered it over english lit. And found english lit boring all of a sudden. Shocking as I dont know anything about politics but my favourite by far now! Maybe do business? Loads of people like that and historys really popular here!

ReputationRep:
    Heyy,
    Im doing History, Sociology & Egyptology :rolleyes:
    cant wait!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.