Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would like to talk to people with the same interest

ReputationRep:
    You might be better in the physics forum in the academic section

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yeah - but i was hoping for someone going to St andrews I'm the only person from my school/town thats coming!

ReputationRep:
    Ah right. I actually don't know anyone who even applied to St Andrews :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragon500uk)
    Ahh yeah - but i was hoping for someone going to St andrews I'm the only person from my school/town thats coming!
    Thats not rare, it IS the 4th smallest university in the UK and very selective. I havent even met anyone from my CITY with a population (according to wikipedia) of 177,739 since I got there, though I have heard the legend of 2 other people, one of which I apparently met in a toilet! but I was very very drunk (probably for the best! :p: )
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I know I'm hijacking the thread a little now, but I've met three people from my city with a population of 71,773...it's really bizarre!

But, to try and be a bit more on topic...if you're doing physics I assume you'll be doing the core maths modules too, dragon500uk? You'll be pleased to know that they're 9am!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I have done some physics. I did direct entry to second year so can't be of much help with first year modules but I did the second year module and am taking a third year module in quantum mechanics this year if that is any use. If you have any questions let me know.

ReputationRep:
    I havent picked my modules yet; I cant get onto the site

But yes, I hope to do maths - I took my maths to AH level and no way am I going to let it go to waste!! Mon the maths!

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing the maths modules too, 9am lectures, great.

ReputationRep:
    oh the joy of MT1002!

ReputationRep:
    I need to sort out allmy module stuff tonight.

... in fact... I have loads to sort out O_O

But 9am isnt bad - it isnt like smelly high school where you have to fluff about for two hours looking for a school tie... At least it wont drag

But - hey - shall see you all there then?!

How exciting is this!
    Did anyone do AH's in maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragon500uk)
    I need to sort out allmy module stuff tonight.

... in fact... I have loads to sort out O_O

But 9am isnt bad - it isnt like smelly high school where you have to fluff about for two hours looking for a school tie... At least it wont drag

But - hey - shall see you all there then?!

How exciting is this!
    Did anyone do AH's in maths?
    :confused: Has no one told you about the St. Andrews uniform yet?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Steeeeevo)
    :confused: Has no one told you about the St. Andrews uniform yet?
    Yeah, I hate that thing...it's such a pain. I wish the gown wasn't compulsory - red doesn't suit me!

ReputationRep:
    Actually WHAT?

ReputationRep:
    And its hot on a sunny day, especially with the shirt and bow tie

ReputationRep:
    Woo another person doing physics , what other modules did you pick ??? still havent got round to it myself :O.
    And yup also the only one from my town going to St Andrews , in fact i think im only one of 2 in my county going.

ReputationRep:
    I know two people from my school doing physics at St Andrews (at least, I think certainly one, anyway.) and there's four of us altogether coming, just from my school! Lol I guess that's a bit statistically weird!!

ReputationRep:
    The population north of Inverness declines rather sharply though :cool:.
    What subject are you doing Jcrams ??

ReputationRep:
    haha, yes, I was about to say something mean about the people north of Inverness when I realised you're from Wick... lol j/k I'm doing sustainable development- the amount of blank looks I get when I try to explain to people! SO excited about going

ReputationRep:
    I havent picked my modules yet (woops!)

But i'll be doing maths. No way have i slaved to get my AH only to waste it...

Oh btw - Lets be friends?!

i wonder how many girls are in the class...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 17, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.