Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so open up a student bank account they want a letter from the uni which says the start and end dates. has anyone received this letter yet?

ReputationRep:
    my brother opened his on the back of ucas which contains your course code and length etc.

ReputationRep:
    it has the course code and entry date but not length and that's what they asked me for:confused:

ReputationRep:
    hmmm which bank? by the sounds of it they're just being awkward - is it just 3 years? mine is being converted to a graduate account in september by Lloyds, apparently that has to happen, then 10 minutes later they're going to change it back... seems pointless, but so be it.

ReputationRep:
    its halifax. i'm doing the llb. don't suppose i could just take in the prospectus for them

ReputationRep:
    sounds like they want an authoritative letter from the uni, arses. go to a different bank who are more forgiving.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    you could wait till uni and get a letter,they'll give you one. or just go to natwest and barclays or hsbc. there's a hsbc and natwest on campus,would make life easier,and there's a barclays in beeston as well.

ReputationRep:
    Ring em to find out whether the UCAS form thing will be alright? Thats what most banks want.

ReputationRep:
    That's odd. I opened my Halifax student account this week with the UCAS final confirmation letter.

ReputationRep:
    Can you not use your AS12?

I'm gonna open mine next week, bthe robbing sods want £100 for me to open it though

Can I just put the £100 in then take it straight back out again?

Also, how long til I get my overdraft (I NEED it to be in place for freshers week, I got in via clearing so my other student finance probably won't be sorted by then).

ReputationRep:
    i brought in the as12 and she said no cuz the adviser needs the dates :confused:

also she said that i could get my overdraft up to £1000 but to increase it they would need to see my student loan being paid in or some other kind of finance

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.