The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Eh, I was sort of right. I predicted that two of the goals would come from Chelsea players, after all. :biggrin:

Picture time now. :smile: :biggrin:
Please smile, Joe. We know England are a bit ****e but even so...
Reply 3624
lol_wut
Yeah, I saw Cameroon in the African Nations and was not impressed. No surprise when their midfield fulcrum is Geremi.

Anyone else notice that the two most surprising exclusions (Owen, Woodgate) are Real Madrid failures?

yeah u r rite with the African nations cup was a 'mare but still Cameroon is as competitive as England; at least we didn't watch it on the TV.Besides we don't need a Capello to turn us around(hopefully).
Wait n see:biggrin:
Average performance against 10 defenders. Job done though.

Clowning was ****e as usual, I laugh when I hear Liverpool fans saying they should buy him. Walcott did well, but I wouldn't play him against Croatia. Heskey to start instead of Defoe; I'm not his biggest fan but it is the best choice with the squad Fabio chose.
It could be worse, we could be French.
Looking across Europe, there were only big wins for Germany and Portugal. "Job done" performances from the big nations in a lot of cases.
Reply 3628
at least this might be the end of downing's england career.

and walcott put in a creditable performance, so we have yet another player to keep beckham off the pitch.
Reply 3629
For part time footballers, with a country much smaller than England, they did good. And the players who have full time jobs that play football part time get my respect.
Downing is absolute ****
Didn't see the first half. Like most, I'd imagine, I glued to the screen watching Murray tear Nadal a new ********.

As expected, England won...comfortably. As expected, people moan. "It's only Andorra" -- well who gives a ****? You can only beat what's in front of you. England did that.
jaydoh
It could be worse, we could be French.

So true. I lolled hard when I heard their scoreline against Josef Fritzl's country.
Reply 3633
Croats won't be as easy!
Reply 3634
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7597191.stm

oh look, rooney in positional indiscipline shocker.
lol_wut
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7597191.stm

oh look, rooney in positional indiscipline shocker.

What about Joe Cole?
Reply 3636
It's not always a problem with Joe Cole whereas it's always a problem with Wayne Rooney, hence lol_wut's sarcasm. Good on Capello tbh. Rooney needs to learn a bit of positional discipline :colonhash:
I don't see what the problem is. Rooney dropped deep to pick the ball up once yesterday, and went straight back up top with Heskey. Rooney should either be played in his position or not at all.
It's an improvement on M******** at least. Starts Lampard left mid, 10 mins in Lampard has decided he cba and just hangs around in CM. Tells Gerrard to cover the left for a bit, he cba either so just tells Dyer who's having a good game up top to go over there and play left wing
The problem is Rooney doesn't score or assist much for England. Not much at all.

Latest