The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4420
white_haired_wizard
Rooney was fouled - shirt-tugging. It's a foul, Rooney did go down easily but that's not the point. He was fouled by some scrotish opposition player - these kind of cynical antics should be punished and it's good to see such punishment by the awarding of a penalty.

Penalty IMO, he was fouled, period.

:toofunny:
Reply 4421
Wasn't a penalty, but wasn't a dive either.
white_haired_wizard
So shirt-pulling isn't an offence then?

Both players were shirt-pulling, Rooney moreso and then Rooney even injured the guy.

It's a non-debate, WHW. It wasn't a penalty and because he appealed, it's a dive.
I've far from defended Rooney's scrotish behaviour in the past, it's frankly indefensible, but IMO, he was fouled in the penalty box - shirt pulling isn't allowed, it's an offence. A penalty was rightfully awarded :cool: Such scrotish behaviour, shirt-pulling, should be punished and was :cool:
Stu Laverty
It's a friendly, so that will likely mean no ban - but if we're trying to stomp out diving from football then consistency is needed, friendly or not.

He should get a two match ban for being a moron.

I feel for Slovenia, because they were playing very well beforehand.

Lmao at that part.

Also, if UEFA don't ban Rooney, then they will have catastrophically embarassed themselves.
white_haired_wizard
So shirt-pulling isn't an offence then?

It is, so the question is why was Rooney doing it? :holmes:

Embarrassing posting by you, WHW. I didn't respond to the first one, in the desperate hope that you were being sarcastic. But no, completely and utterly deluded. Biased beyond belief.
Stu Laverty
Both players were shirt-pulling, Rooney moreso and then Rooney even injured the guy.

It's a non-debate, WHW. It wasn't a penalty and because he appealed, it's a dive.

Were they both shirt-pulling? In which case I'm wrong in my view, they were then both being scrotish and both should have been yellow-carded or told to play on. From the replays I've seen, it appears only Rooney is the victim of shirt-tugging.
white_haired_wizard
I've far from defended Rooney's scrotish behaviour in the past, it's frankly indefensible, but IMO, he was fouled in the penalty box - shirt pulling isn't allowed, it's an offence. A penalty was rightfully awarded :cool: Such scrotish behaviour, shirt-pulling, should be punished and was :cool:

If the exact same situation came about with Eduardo falling to get a penalty in the exact same way against Man Utd, you'd be calling for him to be banned.

Ipso facto.
Ascient

Embarrassing posting by you, WHW. I didn't respond to the first one, in the desperate hope that you were being sarcastic. But no, completely and utterly deluded. Biased beyond belief.

Biased about Rooney? rofl, I'm usually found attacking him in my posts about him, not defending him, so you can STFU with that accusation tbh.
white_haired_wizard
Rooney was fouled - shirt-tugging. It's a foul, Rooney did go down easily but that's not the point. He was fouled by some scrotish opposition player - these kind of cynical antics should be punished and it's good to see such punishment by the awarding of a penalty.

Penalty IMO, he was fouled, period.

Urgh that's cringeworthy.

Maybe you've got your head so far up Ferguson's arse that all you can see is his colon.
Ascient

You sound surprised. Unfamiliar with United fans, Ascient? :p:
WHW just leave it out. You don't need to blindly defend him (like you normally do) today - he's playing for England. You can carry on being bias as normal next weekend.
I'm easily one of the more/most impartial, objective, posters in the football sub-forums, so tbh, you can all GTFO.
farhan
WHW just leave it out. You don't need to blindly defend him (like you normally do) today - he's playing for England. You can carry on being bias as normal next weekend.

farhan, don't even try wumming me, you utter ****ing fail. farfail, failpool.
white_haired_wizard
I'm easily one of the more/most impartial, objective, posters in the football sub-forums, so tbh, you can all GTFO.

:colonhash:
white_haired_wizard

Lmao no, you're one of the LEAST impartial posters on this site.

Jog on.
I don't think it was a dive but it wasn't a penalty neither. It was just a terrible refereeing decision.

Arsenal fans are a bit bitter about the whole Eduardo affair (and rightly so...I would be too).
TommyWannabe
Lmao no, you're one of the LEAST impartial posters on this site.

Jog on.

I think (hope) he was being ironic.
Reply 4438
great goal by Defoe. He has to start against Croatia
It's ironic that all the wummers and only the wummers, are disagreeing with my opinion of myself in regard to being impartial and objective.

Go back to wum school, kids. Your wumming isn't working on me. I'm having none of it tbh.

Latest