The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5180
I hope that isn't par for the course during the actual tournament :facepalm2:
meskell
I hope that isn't par for the course during the actual tournament

It's only a friendly you scrote :colonhash:
No Parker = :facepalm2:

From what I remember from his Chelsea days his tackling might not go down too well during the World Cup but then Capello made a last minute attempt to get Scholes, who cannot tackle full stop anyway. I'd have kept him at Chelsea tbh. :redface:
Reply 5183
Colbert
It's only a friendly you scrote :colonhash:

It is the last friendly ffs :colonhash: man up and deal with it you whiney graduate :colonhash:
NDGAARONDI
No Parker =

From what I remember from his Chelsea days his tackling might not go down too well during the World Cup but then Capello made a last minute attempt to get Scholes, who cannot tackle full stop anyway. I'd have kept him at Chelsea tbh.

With Barry questionable and the form Parker showed in single handedly keeping West Ham afloat he should definitely be considered as an alternative. Why even include him in the 30 to just let him sit on the bench in the warm-ups ffs :colonhash:
Watch Huddlestone get a hattrick tbh. And then Walcott slip over in his own pace and crack a toe.
Colbert
Why is Scott Parker still not being given a chance :facepalm2:

NDGAARONDI
No Parker = :facepalm2:

Colbert
the form Parker showed in single handedly keeping West Ham afloat he should definitely be considered as an alternative. Why even include him in the 30 to just let him sit on the bench in the warm-ups ffs :colonhash:

Apparently, with Hargreaves fit, Owen outranks Scott on the 'who to call up' list regardless of form MIRITE Kevmeister? :awesome:
gerrard: he's not even the fifth best midfielder in a deep position, second best to lampard in an attacking role, and doesn't have the discipline to play wide. bench
Reply 5188
made_of_fail
gerrard: he's not even the fifth best midfielder in a deep position, second best to lampard in an attacking role, and doesn't have the discipline to play wide. bench

Lampard played pretty poorly in the support role this season and it was only when he was moved deeper that his performances perked up again.

Gerrard has had a poor season in a poor team but was fantastic for two season in that position. I would like to see the 3 others you believe to be better than Gerrard at playing behind the striker (which would obviously be Rooney).
i only claimed lampard was better behind the striker. obviously there's still a role for gerrard in the squad.
Reply 5190
I'm a little surprised Adam Johnson isn't starting... Capello keeps hinting he'll make the final squad because he's been really impressive in training, so why not give him 90 minutes so we can see how he does in an actual match rather than training.
V1NY
I'm a little surprised Adam Johnson isn't starting... Capello keeps hinting he'll make the final squad because he's been really impressive in training, so why not give him 90 minutes so we can see how he does in an actual match rather than training.

He can't last 90 minutes. His stamina is good for an hour, though
More importantly it's the final of the U17 Euro Championships today. Spain vs England. :biggrin: 4.30 eurosport 2
ozzyoscy
Apparently, with Hargreaves fit, Owen outranks Scott on the 'who to call up' list regardless of form MIRITE Kevmeister?

And if Parker was still playing for Chelsea and had about half of the playing time he has at Chelsea compared to West Ham, he'd be considered straight away.
Reply 5194
Ronaldo VII
He can't last 90 minutes. His stamina is good for an hour, though

Really? Sorry if I'm acting ignorant, but if he can't last 90 why should he make the final 23? Can our other wingers last the whole 90?
V1NY
Really? Sorry if I'm acting ignorant, but if he can't last 90 why should he make the final 23? Can our other wingers last the whole 90?

Impact sub. :yes:
Reply 5196
cfc1992
Impact sub. :yes:

I was thinking the same as soon as I posted that... He's our only left footed player who can play on the wing, so he should go.
Reply 5197
Why is Walcott getting another chance? How many crap games does he need to have before Capello decides to try someone else?

And I really hope Barry makes the WC squad, we are majorly weakened if he's not playing.
lennon on the left :facepalm2:

maybe its because we have huddlestone playing, he can spread the ball better than lots so with 2 pacey wingers it might be the reason?
V1NY

No idea, I wouldn't take him.

Latest