Reply 5662
Colonel Brusnahan
I think Heskey injured Ferdinand on purpose just for this tbh :teehee:

Heskey's inclusion gets better and better everyday :coma:
Reply 5663
Emile ******* Heskey shows his GELish personality again :colonhash:
"Let's win it for Ferdinand

...so he can feel even more like ****"
I am so excited about the immense failure brewing.

Good Lord... it'll be insatiable ffs :coma:
I think this will be the World Injury Cup - the team with the least star players injured will win.

So far were doing ok...
Reply 5667
To be fair Ferdinand and Terry have been injured and off form all season so it's not as big a miss as the likes of other nations have had with their captains getting injured: Drogba, Ballack, Mikel, Essien. etc. Shame he's out but that's what you get for leaving the mighty Lids for that grotty team in Manchester, would like to see Ledley King starting alongside Terry now to give some class to proceedings.

We're getting knocked out well before the final anyway, so it's irrelevant.
Turpin
To be fair Ferdinand and Terry have been injured and off form all season so it's not as big a miss as the likes of other nations have had with their captains getting injured: Drogba, Ballack, Mikel, Essien. etc. Shame he's out but that's what you get for leaving the mighty Lids for that grotty team in Manchester, would like to see Ledley King starting alongside Terry now to give some class to proceedings.

We're getting knocked out well before the final anyway, so it's irrelevant.

Got the lotto numbers for tonight while you're at it?

King and Terry would be the best option but probably the slowest pairing at the whole tournament...
Ronaldo VII
Got the lotto numbers for tonight while you're at it?

King and Terry would be the best option but probably the slowest pairing at the whole tournament...
:hand:

king isnt that slow on the ground tbf, his recovery time is slow, but if needed he wiill sprint like no ones business and then just plod around for the next few mins :biggrin:

Reply 5670
Hardly a predition of seismic levels that we won't get in touching distance of victory, is it? We're just not as good as most think we are, plain and simple.

We don't have any pace at centre-half though, Dawson and Upson are equally lumbering and Carragher is even slower. Might as well go with the classy player (King for Ferdinand) alongside the solid hoofer (Terry/Dawson/Carragher/Upson) as it gives greater balance. Wish we had the quality at centre back that Spain boast, Pique and Puyol are the best pairing in the world and most the replacements (Albiol, Juanito, even Ramos if moved inside) would challenge any other national pairing in the world other than Brazil.
Terry, a hoofer? Are you an idiot? :/
jermaindefoe
:hand:

king isnt that slow on the ground tbf, his recovery time is slow, but if needed he wiill sprint like no ones business and then just plod around for the next few mins :biggrin:

God I love that video. One of the best tackles I've ever seen.
Ronaldo VII

Both know how to deal with pace. King isn't slow either and Terry wouldn't be where he is today if he didn't know how to deal with pace. Good partnership, providing King stays fit.
Stu Laverty
God I love that video. One of the best tackles I've ever seen.
its true isnt it, sometimes some of the best pure defending is as good to watch as someone banging in a 30yard volley or something
king and terry used to both play for senrab under 13's i belive and through their time as youngsters, they must have some connection (or am i clutching at strwas here :teeth: )

spot terry and king

cfc1992
Both know how to deal with pace. King isn't slow either and Terry wouldn't be where he is today if he didn't know how to deal with pace. Good partnership, providing King stays fit.

You don't need pace if your partner has it, which doesn't apply here.
Ronaldo VII
You don't need pace if your partner has it, which doesn't apply here.

Terry's better at dealing with pace then Alex (positioning etc), and is probably quicker... the partnership led us to winning the double. :wink:

The only problem is when your leave the back two exposed.
Reply 5678
cfc1992
Terry, a hoofer? Are you an idiot? :/

He is more of a hoofer than a player like Ferdinand or Pique who prefer to dribble it out of defence, stop being so biased. I've seen him trying to make the play at Chelsea by switching it fairly often, and although he's decent, he's certainly more of a Terry Butcher style 'if in doubt, kick it out' hardman defender than Ferdinand or King. It's certainly not an insult as he's a great player and leads the team well through his technique, he's a great tackler but not a passing defender at all.
Turpin
He is more of a hoofer than a player like Ferdinand or Pique who prefer to dribble it out of defence, stop being so biased. I've seen him trying to make the play at Chelsea by switching it fairly often, and although he's decent, he's certainly more of a Terry Butcher style 'if in doubt, kick it out' hardman defender than Ferdinand or King. It's certainly not an insult as he's a great player and leads the team well through his technique, he's a great tackler but not a passing defender at all.

Why does he have the best pass rate out of any defender in the PL then last year? Many simple passes yes, but I've seen a countless number of 50 yard passes up the field landing straight where they've been intended to - just see Ashley Cole's goal against Sunderland.

Latest