And you must be joking, right.
Kash:)
Source.
And you must be joking, right.

Source

I kid you not :indiff:
Reply 5962
cfc1992
He took an honest approach to the interview, IMO refreshing others may not have liked it. He didn't tell the media he was going to say to Capello what is what. Can't make a joke about the French?! The joke itself wasn't the problem, the context it was reported in (the only context Capello knows as far as I'm aware) is.

No, he sat at home (or might be away on holiday) because he ruled himself out and that's entirely his decision, and I'd imagine it's far more comfortable than sitting on a subs bench.

Why not let him not represent his country from right now and onwards? Why just after this World Cup?

From the deal he gets from the media and Capello, I wouldn't want to represent this country - you're just lucky he does.

You? I couldn't care less whether England win, lose or draw. Mostly because I'd never be able to forgive myself for cheering on ***** like Terry
kpg
You? I couldn't care less whether England win, lose or draw. Mostly because I'd never be able to forgive myself for cheering on ***** like Terry

Concept of being a fan or a supporter - sometimes you've got to cheer on players you're not particularly fond of.
Reply 5964
cfc1992
Concept of being a fan or a supporter - sometimes you've got to cheer on players you're not particularly fond of.

Err, not if it's in anything other than a liverpool shirt. I'm not gonna hope for 38 weeks a year that the likes of Rooney and Terry break their legs and then cheer them on for a few weeks every two years. No thanks.
cfc1992
as long as they dont play for arsenal :biggrin:
jermaindefoe
as long as they dont play for arsenal :biggrin:

No dilemmas whatsoever then - cheers Fabs for leaving out Walnut :top:
Reply 5967
Would like to see England to play 4-3-3 tomorrow, rather than this ***** 4-2-2 system. Gerrard and Lampard, especially the former, need to be getting forward all the time rather than having Lampard (for example) in this stupid holding role when that's not his best position.

Is everyone feeling super confident tomorrow?
JonCha
Would like to see England to play 4-3-3 tomorrow, rather than this ***** 4-2-2 system. Gerrard and Lampard, especially the former, need to be getting forward all the time rather than having Lampard (for example) in this stupid holding role when that's not his best position.

Is everyone feeling super confident tomorrow?

No not at all. Can't really believe it's come to it but I'm worried about Slovenia and how they might very well embarrass us, more than we've done ourselves.

Also I just want to see us progress. I've got money on other teams but you can't replicate the feeling of watching England in a major tournament, and they only come around every so often.
Reply 5970
Oliver Holt is a terrible journalist and supports Chelsea so it is no suprise that he tries to qualify Terry's actions.
meskell
Oliver Holt is a terrible journalist and supports Chelsea so it is no suprise that he tries to qualify Terry's actions.

Makes a change from the usual twisting rubbish though, doesn't it? Amazing how one interview that shows support for your manager yet honestly acknowledges there are problems can cause so much of a stir - with Terry having to apologise for backing up his manager (no surprise when you hear Capello READ the reports, big mistake there).

As long as Capello is still the man that's going to lead us to World Cup glory and is the 'big guy' (despite his obvious faults and mistakes) eh?
Reply 5972
cfc1992
Makes a change from the usual twisting rubbish though, doesn't it? Amazing how one interview that shows support for your manager yet honestly acknowledges there are problems can cause so much of a stir - with Terry having to apologise for backing up his manager (no surprise when you hear Capello READ the reports, big mistake there).

As long as Capello is still the man that's going to lead us to World Cup glory and is the 'big guy' (despite his obvious faults and mistakes) eh?

Not really. There was no need for Terry to say anything in that interview except what Capello wants him to say. Capello is his boss, his absolute superior and Terry should respect that. If he had any grievances he should have told Capello privately rather than air it to the public giving the world a guarantee of the cracks in the squad that were rumoured.
Terry is not the captain anymore so it is not his place to air any of the squad problems or to take any squad problems to Capello. Terry should have respected the hierachy and informed Gerrard of any problems he may have been unaware of and asked him to take them to Capello or he should have requested a private audience with Capello.

As for the last thing you said :facepalm2: it really does not require anything else.
meskell
Not really. There was no need for Terry to say anything in that interview except what Capello wants him to say. Capello is his boss, his absolute superior and Terry should respect that.

If he had any grievances he should have told Capello privately rather than air it to the public giving the world a guarantee of the cracks in the squad that were rumoured.

Terry is not the captain anymore so it is not his place to air any of the squad problems or to take any squad problems to Capello. Terry should have respected the hierachy and informed Gerrard of any problems he may have been unaware of and asked him to take them to Capello or he should have requested a private audience with Capello.

And Terry respected that throughout the interview, why is there a misconception that he didn't?

Similarly if Capello had any issues with Terry, it should have been taken up privately - but if he's trying to form a 'player revolt' etc, shouldn't he just be dropped from the squad altogether? The 'my doors always open' line was just. :o:

Where's Gerrard been in the few days after the result? Was waiting for him to come up with something, nothing at all though. There was hardly many 'problems' JT listed, were there? And I'm sure they've been discussed with others in the squad - and perhaps JT wanted to speak up about them, in an honest and refreshing manner. Nothing wrong with that.

Mistake, mistake, mistake - Fabio has pinned it all on Terry, though. Smart.
Terry has received a right royal bashing from The Times.

He can't help putting his foot in it, even if he thinks he's being well-meaning. What a crumbler.

Whatever happens today, it's going to be interesting/fascinating. If we win, we live to fight another day and probably get raped in the next round by Germany...

if we lose, the media will have a field day and it'll be fascinating with regard to what will happen to the current squad and Capello, who would surely have to resign his position as manager. Been speaking to some Spurs fans recently, who are conscious about this and conscious that the FA could come in for Harry Redknapp if Capello goes.

Whatever happens, interesting times and there's always some crumbly **** to be getting our teeth stuck into, e.g. French crumble, English crumble, Terry and Rooney crumble.
cfc1992
And Terry respected that throughout the interview, why is there a misconception that he didn't?

Similarly if Capello had any issues with Terry, it should have been taken up privately - but if he's trying to form a 'player revolt' etc, shouldn't he just be dropped from the squad altogether? The 'my doors always open' line was just. :o:

Where's Gerrard been in the few days after the result? Was waiting for him to come up with something, nothing at all though. There was hardly many 'problems' JT listed, were there? And I'm sure they've been discussed with others in the squad - and perhaps JT wanted to speak up about them, in an honest and refreshing manner. Nothing wrong with that.

Mistake, mistake, mistake - Fabio has pinned it all on Terry, though. Smart.

The last sentence, it's plausible but Terry shouldn't have done what he did. Capello has been keen to shift the blame, saying the players are struggling to perform under pressure etc, but Capello's job is to instill confidence and belief in his players, not throw hissy-fits (like he has been doing) on the touchline during games - it sets a bad example and gives out totally the wrong vibes to his players. Capello has got his tactics badly wrong and he has to take responsibility for this, and accept some of the blame. But he's been all too keen to blame others.

I think Gerrard has been right to remain in the background, something Terry should have done - keep things behind closed doors, keep a low profile and focus on the next game - not to provide the media with more ammo to shoot the team down with.
Good first half; poor second half. Wasteful balls and once again luck was the difference between scraping through and complete failure.

It's so embarrassing watching the Sven-era players revert back to trying to defend in their own halves and going on luck while Capello is like "WTF are you doing?? Get in the other half!" (and he's italian!). Gerrard and Lampard are great no doubt about it, but Sven tactics are bad news, as Ivory Coast have been learning after Mexico did, and I look forward to 2 or 4 years when we have a team of quick passing footballers again where attack is the best form of defence.

So far we've got 1 point from a game we won 1-0, didn't play against Algeria and drew with the most unambitious team in the entire tournament, and scrape da win against a team who have a country of about 3 million. While France means we're not the worst and Italy means we have company, we need to beat one of the top seeds to leave this World Cup with pride.

Otherwise, look forward to the dread of losing to the Germans or attention-humping Maradona. Again.

P.S. Note how Gerrard had a better game when he followed Capello's tactics instead of playing his own.
Well at least we got the result. The performance was average. I think only A.Cole stood out, for once Gerrard actually spent some time on the left which means Cole could overlap and wouldn't have 2 men on him the whole time, still he could have done that a lot more if Gerrard wasn't playing ahead of him. Milner deserves credit for his deliveries but otherwise he was as standard as the other midfielders. Defoe and Rooney were pretty poor but Slovenia did a decent defensive job.

Now because we've scrapped out the easiest group everyone seems to think we are back amongst the favourites. Guy Mowbray was an embarrassment, once we got the goal he couldn't stop praising us. Rooney did one good touch and suddenly he's back to his world class best. I'm absolutely thrilled we got the result which was as much as I wished for but we've got an enormous task ahead
Guess who's made the most completed passes this world cup for England? :smile:
cfc1992
Guess who's made the most completed passes this world cup for England? :smile:

I'm guessing Lampard? I'd be concerned if he hadn't tbh, it's the sort of thing you expect from your CM

Latest