The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8320
England are sooooo baddddddd! We will get beaten by Montenegro so nicely!!!!
All you deluded fans should get back to sleep if you think England will win tonightttt.
Reply 8321
Original post by Wilfred Little
Under Hodgson some of the teams we've beaten (I've listed teams that could go as far as England in a World Cup or further, so knockouts onward) are Brazil, Belgium, Italy, Sweden, Ukraine and Spain, drew with Brazil in Rio, drew with Italy, drew with France.

Lost one game, against Sweden, thanks to a masterclass from Ibrahimovic.

Hodgson has made us very hard to beat. I don't think we'll go particularly far if we qualify, but I reckon we could troll our way to a win against a top side in a World Cup.

Those friendlies were meaningless. We havent beaten any of the tougher sides in our group which just shows are poor weve been despite the fact that were top.
Reply 8322
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Did he say that? His Liverpool and West Brom sides were boring to watch so I guess he should know.

His Liverpool side were horrible to watch, they played some of the most uninspiring football ive see .
Original post by trrr
Those friendlies were meaningless.

They were still games.

We havent beaten any of the tougher sides in our group which just shows are poor weve been despite the fact that were top.

lol and yet we're still top. We didn't beat France either in our Euros group, still topped the group.

I said we are very hard to beat, which we are. We're not ruthless or a team that consistently beats most teams, we do just enough to get the job done. We will troll the World Cup and reach the semi's, scoring just three goals in the process more than likely.
If there's no Carrick I will be pretty pissed off. Should be the first name on the team sheet.
Original post by little_wizard123
If there's no Carrick I will be pretty pissed off. Should be the first name on the team sheet.

It's Hodgson, the midfield will be Wilshere, Gerrard and Lampard for EVERY game no matter how ****e any of them play.

just hope Rooney is on form or this could be a bad night.
Original post by Buk_Lau
England are sooooo baddddddd! We will get beaten by Montenegro so nicely!!!!
All you deluded fans should get back to sleep if you think England will win tonightttt.

How very cogent and insightful.

Who would you replace?
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Is anyone else hoping for some glorious crash and burn?

I wouldn't be against it if it leads to some kind of radical reform, which let's be honest is badly needed. When Germany had a **** tournament in Euro 2000 they invested heavily in academies, coaching, youth development etc and look at the players they've produced in recent years. Hummels, Reus, Gotze, Ozil, Gundogan, Draxler, Bender etc.

It's ridiculous that ten years ago when Lampard and Gerrard were two of the best midfielders in the world at their peak, it was always said that they couldn't play together. Now they're both in the twilight of their careers, and with a combined age of nearly 70, they're playing together.

Glad he's not playing. One less potential injury to worry about.
Comfortable win tonight; Walker and Townsend will run riot on the right!
Roy Keane speaking it how it is about Hart, Lee Dixon really hasn't a clue if he thinks he is England's best keeper atm. Forster and Foster should have had chances by now.
Keane's beard looks dreadful. He looks like a homeless man.
Been said countless times before but our national anthem is crap.

Land Of Hope & Glory or Jerusalem please.
It's amusing to watch Montenegro attempt to keep possession.
Original post by KingMessi

Who would you replace?

Lampard I think. Gerrard for me is better in the double pivot. Wilshere missing out could be a good thing for him, knowing that his place isn't certain in the team.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Roy Keane speaking it how it is about Hart, Lee Dixon really hasn't a clue if he thinks he is England's best keeper atm. Forster and Foster should have had chances by now.

Fraser Forster is a good keeper but he's never going to get a serious look in as long as he's playing in a league of equivalent standard to League One.
England need to move on from Gerrard and Lampard tbh
I don't know how people rate Danny Welbeck he's awful.
Reply 8337
Original post by Kruz
I don't know how people rate Danny Welbeck he's awful.

The entire set up is awful. May aswell put Woy Hodgson as a striker.
the utter lack of interest and posts on this thread, seems to very well reflect how little people care these days about the national team..

A match which Could decide whether we qualify for the WC, and I havent seen the country more indiferent in a long time..

pretty dull game so far to go with it..
Lampard off for Carrick please Roy, the former was ****ing dire in the first half.

Rooney and Sturridge both missed chances as well which doesn't bode well

Latest