The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
I have Polish friends they weren't even offended by his comment, Lefties are at it again, they're just looking for something to be angry about.

lol what, you wouldn't be calling them "lefties" if they said something stereotypical about Nigerians would you know :rolleyes:

Also they're you friends im sure if you went up to some random pole in the street, it wouldn't be much of a laughing matter
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
I have Polish friends they weren't even offended by his comment, Lefties are at it again, they're just looking for something to be angry about.

This.

Chiles, whose mother is Croatian, described England’s next opponents as “more of a threat” than Montenegro, adding: “And it’s practically a home game for Poland 15,000 Poles will be in here, I’m sure.”

Dixon responded: “Hopefully, they’re all crying at the end.” That prompted Chiles to add: “I’m trying to get some building work done at the moment, quite seriously. Be careful.”

Just more evidence that being offended is the in thing in Britain right now.

Funny thing is, it'll more than likely be British white people getting offended by this, nobody else will care.

The glib sign-off sparked a backlash on Twitter, where the topic was trending, amid several accusations the remarks were “racist”.

****ing hell, Twatter again. Get a grip you grief junkies.
(edited 10 years ago)
Didn't think what he said was that bad. People are just trying to look for something to get their knickers in a twist.

However what I think of Chiles on the other hand thats another story :lol:
Original post by Birdman1234567
Did the commentator just say Leytonstone was in Essex?

Commentators in football tend to have inconsistent geographical views. Manchester City vs Manchester United is a Manchester derby apparently but Wigan vs Bolton doesn't get billed as one. Leytonstone is in the traditional county of Essex but it has been part of Greater London for decades. It's the same as West Ham as they reside in the old Essex county but are part of Greater London. You still get parts of football, like the coaching divisions that hold jurisdiction on the traditional county borders, such as the Middlesex FA. But then you don't hear Chelsea vs Arsenal being billed as a Middlesex derby, at least I haven't.
Original post by Kruz
Who heard Adrian Chiles' Polish comment? I can a smell shxtstorm coming for him.

I said something similar to my Dad, lol. I said it would be funny if there were more Polish people than English at Wembley on tuesday.

I guess that makes me a racist though :frown: better go and tell my non-white and non-English friends I can't be their friend any more :frown:

Edit: oh yeah, I came to ask something...

What happens with this playoffs table? Are Bulgaria definitely the "worst team" after that loss to Armenia?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
I said something similar to my Dad, lol. I said it would be funny if there were more Polish people than English at Wembley on tuesday.

I guess that makes me a racist though :frown: better go and tell my non-white and non-English friends I can't be their friend any more :frown:

Edit: oh yeah, I came to ask something...

What happens with this playoffs table? Are Bulgaria definitely the "worst team" after that loss to Armenia?

No, Could be Turkey.
Original post by little_wizard123
No, Could be Turkey.

England are definitely through though even if they lose?

From the seeding though (going by country rank) England could get either France or Sweden :eek:
Original post by Existentialgrad
I did. Let's hope he gets sacked for it. I don't necessarily think he deserves the sack for the comment, but hopefully it's a valid excuse for ITV to can a truly awful presenter.

Well, you don't have to have made a racist remark to get sacked for it. Just ask Rodney Marsh.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4208135.stm
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
England are definitely through though even if they lose?

From the seeding though (going by country rank) England could get either France or Sweden :eek:

England will definitely be in play-offs with a loss. Only 2nd-placed teams from Groups A, B, D and E can miss out on play-offs. Group B seems the most likely to miss out atm.

Yea even with seeding, there aren't many easy games in the play-offs
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8389
So the beeb referred to San Marino as pointless. Thought they are supposed to remain neutral.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8390
Well they do have 0 points.
game in an hour or so :smile:

Should be good..

Just hoping for a bit more drama then in the past few england games.. even the winnings ones, have been a bit dull.
Carrick starting for England. What is this sorcery?
the one that surprises me tonight is chris smalling - hes only played 2 league games this season, not at full back, and hes been thrown into this where phil jones (who im not really a fan of) hasplayed more this season, more times as right back and more times for England.... or failing that, surely England have another proper right back somewhere???

anyway, COME ON ENGLAND :england:
Reply 8394
What's the score going to be guys!!?!?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The media are so desperate for a story and a way to hype the match that they're actually drawing on a England-Poland tie that took place 4 decades ago :facepalm2:
I'd have Barkley over Townsend, myself.
here goes..

would like:

Engald to go down early, then to have an exciting game, and an awesome comeback :biggrin:
Carrick in for Lampard, thank you Roy for some good team selection!

come on England.
Hah the Poles are so loud! Can see the FA getting slaughtered in the press for giving them the extra tickets if we don't qualify.

Latest