The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well after these 2 games Lennon and Beckham( if hes picked ) will be back and with SWP form right now theres no way Bentley or Pennant are gonna be picked
Reply 122

:eek: Wow, didn't expect that considering he wasn't in the squad in the first place. :s-smilie:
Reply 123

Excellent. The coverage is now officially a comedy programme rather than sport. Starring none other than Steve, i make the stupidest decisions in the world, McLown and Emile, half man half beast, Whiskey. Oh, and we mustn't forget Paul, the truck, Robinson.

If England get beat today, McLown will have no one to blame but himself.
I think the idea was suggested by Michael Owen who said he would like to work with Heskey again, labeling him as ideal strike partner. So they're obviously comfortable working together, reckon it will look ok. Not sure against Russia though.
i'd love if Heskey scored. i've got nothing against him, he might not be from the top drawer, but he's a bloody good, honest player. he single handedly kept wigan promoted in the last game of last season - mighty up front, and mighty at centre back defending his team's cause. and what about when he took chelsea on single handedly putting wigan 2-0 up before Chelsea bumbled back into it?
I don't understand the stick Heskey gets.

And no one has ever managed to actually properly criticize him (him being 'fat' doesn't count :rolleyes:) - probably because it's impossible. He's not an excellent player, but he's decent.
Perhaps England need a few more players like him in the mix, hard worker and a solid work rate rather than all these 'super stars' who seem to have the 'talent' but forget to score *cough*

I'm not hinting about a certain striker at all... :rolleyes:
So, predictions?

I think England will actually win this time and properly. 3-0 - Heskey, Owen & Gerrard to score.

I hope Israel get thrashed anyway. :smile:
sarforaz
Perhaps England need a few more players like him in the mix, hard worker and a solid work rate rather than all these 'super stars' who seem to have the 'talent' but forget to score *cough*

I'm not hinting about a certain striker at all... :rolleyes:
Shrek? :hmmmm:
I don't understand the stick Heskey gets.

And no one has ever managed to actually properly criticize him (him being 'fat' doesn't count :rolleyes:) - probably because it's impossible. He's not an excellent player, but he's decent.

Somehow I doubt you would be saying that if he hadnt played for Liverpool

He's crap but probably the right person to partner Owen tonight
Hehee :p:
Reply 132
Economist

Actually, that's probably spot on :yy:

EDIT: Mainly due to Ashton and Crouch's inavailability.
Economist
Somehow I doubt you would be saying that if he hadnt played for Liverpool

Probably because I've watched him play a lot - and so there's obviously more chance of me knowing more about him than someone who plays for another club.

So go on, criticize him properly.
"Well um, he's a fat ugly ****, and um, eats pies all day, and err, umm.. "
I can't see why some Liverpool fans don't give him the respect he deserves. The same people who many times sang at him "You'll Never Walk Alone".
lfc4life
No need to bring Rooney into this...
:laugh:
Reply 137
Chewy!
I can't see why some Liverpool fans don't give him the respect he deserves. The same people who many times sang at him "You'll Never Walk Alone".

He was a good player for us and there's no denying that. But i don't want to miss out on the next Championships. I honestly don't believe Heskey is the player to help England get through. Furthermore, if he's on the pitch it's likely were going to attempt even more long balls.

I just hope he does a good job today and maybe against an Israel defence which isn't awesome he can do that.
I think Heskey can get the better of Ben Haim. Ben Haim isn't the best of defenders, and Heskey has the experience and qualities in him to do so.
Reply 139
I think Heskey can get the better of Ben Haim. Ben Haim isn't the best of defenders, and Heskey has the experience and qualities in him to do so.

Ben Haim is also slow- as Torres showed :biggrin:- AJ could have got the better of him along the ground.

Latest