The Student Room Group

He doesn't seem to want to talk?

Hi. So I recently started working at Sainsbury's I'm 17 and it's just part time. And there's a lad I wanted to get to know, we're on different sections which doesn't help but I've seen him on my breaks once or twice. Anyway, I added him on facebook and decided to strike a conversation. I'm not sure whether he's gay or not which is where the issue lies, if he's not, I could be making a fool of myself. (Some of his pictures suggest he might be, but I can't judge so early on) So I asked if he worked here which of course I know, but it's just to get a response isn't it. Anyway, he has been active on messenger, but he has not even opened it. I'm worried because I don't want him to think I'm weird when all I'm essentially trying to do is make friends within work.

Any advice? Really appreciate it thanks.
When did you send the message? He could be busy or talking to other people- doesn't necessarily mean he is ignoring you. Give it a bit of time and if he doesn't reply then maybe he isn't that interested? Could be worth sending another message like "how are you?" or "what are you up to?" to try and get to know him :smile:
Reply 2
It would be good to get to know him more in real life first.
Reply 3
See I agree with you but I don't really have a reason to talk to him cause I'm not on his section and rarely see him.
Original post by UWS
It would be good to get to know him more in real life first.
Reply 4
I sent it just last night actually. Then this morning I asked about NYE closing times because then he knows I'm a colleague and not a stalker
Original post by VaticanCameos
When did you send the message? He could be busy or talking to other people- doesn't necessarily mean he is ignoring you. Give it a bit of time and if he doesn't reply then maybe he isn't that interested? Could be worth sending another message like "how are you?" or "what are you up to?" to try and get to know him :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
See I agree with you but I don't really have a reason to talk to him cause I'm not on his section and rarely see him.

If you want to get to know him you're going to have to put your pride aside.
Reply 6
That's what I was doing on messenger, asking about work rather than hitting up with a pick up line or anything but he didn't even open it
Original post by doggyher
If you want to get to know him you're going to have to put your pride aside.
Original post by Anonymous
I sent it just last night actually. Then this morning I asked about NYE closing times because then he knows I'm a colleague and not a stalker

Wait it out, then talk to him in person :smile:
Reply 8
Hey he just replied! How odd!
Original post by VaticanCameos
Wait it out, then talk to him in person :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending