Medical Interview HELP !!!!

Watch this thread
medic123421
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have an Imperial interview coming up, i think i should do a course but i don't know which course to choose :confused:

Does anyone have any suggestions of courses they have tried that have been helpful?
ruari239
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

When is your imperial interview? I still haven't received an interview from them

Best thing to do is not to worry

For imperial, I would recommend medheads.co.uk and uniadmissions.com. The first was really helpful for interview technique whereas uniadmissions was good for the sciency stuff. I haven't done any other courses. I might try some other courses as well or I might just do Medheads again to get more interview practice.
jamesfray355
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Imperial started sending out interviews?
ruari239
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jamesfray355)
Imperial started sending out interviews?
Yea, my friend also got an interview from them
jamesfray355
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ruari239)
Yea, my friend also got an interview from them
I thought they did them really late??
ruari239
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jamesfray355)
I thought they did them really late??
Yea, it is quite late. A lot of universities have already done interviews
medic123421
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
It's in February!
I think interview technique is much more important than the science stuff though for nearly all medical schools.
My friend went to the medheads bootcamp interview individual sessions (for her Cambridge interview) because she said all their course days were booked up and she found it quite helpful.
i think if they have a space available i might book a day with them just to get as much practise as possible
Thank-you
onceuponamedic
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Here's a link to some of my interview top tips. You should make sure you put these into practise on the day of your interview

Remember it's all about creating a good first impression and these tips will greatly help you out with that:

onceuponamedic.wordpress.com/8-es-for-medical-school-interview-success

Best of luck to you all!
InGodiTrust
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Does your interview date affect your chances? I mean at a place like imperial where they send offers before they’re done interviewing everyone. Does it?
The Medic Portal
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi everyone!

We recently spoke to a medical school admissions tutor on what they look for in candidates at interview! You can read their 6 tips here: 6 Admissions Tutor Medical School Interview Tips

Hope this helps!
The Medic Portal
meddicmind
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by medic123421)
I have an Imperial interview coming up, i think i should do a course but i don't know which course to choose :confused:

Does anyone have any suggestions of courses they have tried that have been helpful?
Hi there, congratulations on receiving your interview!
As a representative of Medic Mind, we can aid in your preparation of interviews!

Here are some general tips:

Body Language

A tip from us - be aware of your body language

- Don’t feel the need to shake hands, but do if appropriate
- Try not to fidget - can portray nervousness
- Sit up straight, with good posture
- Always make eye contact with everyone in the room, not just the one speaking to you.
- Try and smile! 😊

Preparing Answers

One tip from us is don’t over practice

- It is not a memory test
- They will be able to spot if you are reciting something
- Could work against your favour
- You should relax and be yourself

BUT prepare model answers using bullet points. So don't memorise huge chunks of text but prepare bullet points!

Our interview course is just £30 and has over 100 tutorials to guide you through it all! www.medicmind.co.uk/interview-online-course

Dhaval Nayi - Medic Mind Tutor
Voted UK's Best Medical Start Up 2017 🏆
www.medicmind.co.uk/interview
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.34%
The paper was reasonable (134)
37.02%
Not feeling great about that exam... (106)
29.28%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.36%

Watched Threads