Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all... em applyin for Law this year (includin Law at either cambridge or oxford)...

I gave my A-levels, had AAAAA(Econ, Phy, Math, Accts. n Urdu) .... Em takin a gap year but thinkin of sittin for the socio paper???

Shud i do that??? Wud it help especially since i didnt take Law at my A-levels???

N r there any other subjects that might help???

Thnx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zashrules)
    Hey all... em applyin for Law this year (includin Law at either cambridge or oxford)...

I gave my A-levels, had AAAAA(Econ, Phy, Math, Accts. n Urdu) .... Em takin a gap year but thinkin of sittin for the socio paper???

Shud i do that??? Wud it help especially since i didnt take Law at my A-levels???

N r there any other subjects that might help???

Thnx
    If you already have 5 As I'm not sure you need another one!

But by all means, if you have the time and want to enhance your application by taking another subject, then I would suggest either English Literature, Religious Studies or a language.

English Literature will help you immensely with your Law degree; it will teach you how to structure an argument, how to be analytical and critical, etc.

Religious Studies will provide you with an understanding of ethics and morality (which overlaps with Law), philosophy (useful if you decide to take a module in Jurispudence at uni) and allow you to evaluate different arguments and opinions, as well as voice your own opinion on a range of topical issues.

Languages are becoming more and more desirable to employers because so few people have experience of them. Learning a language can be fun and having that knowledge of a second language would open up more career opportunities.

Hope that's helped .

ReputationRep:
    Did that help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown)
    Did that help?
    Hey sure it did! Thanxxxx....

But i already have urdu n its supposed to be a foriegn language???

Btw how's LSE's law program, as opposed to that of oxbridge???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 10, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.