Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting pretty excited about going now but just a question!

I know there's internet access at Sussex. At the moment I have a wireless connection, so how would I go about getting net access in my room? Would it be as simple as just plugging my PC into the internet socket in my room, or more complex than that? Would I need to uninstall wireless first or something.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently there will be details in your room. They need a piece of information about your computer (your MAC address), they will tell you how to find this out. Once you register this you just need to plug in a network cable which they'll either provide or you can probably buy on campus. Wireless is available in certain places around campus

ReputationRep:
    This page might be useful for you.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, they'll give you instruction leaflets for connecting to Resnet and the campus wireless network. It's all pretty simple. Last year you could buy the cables for about £2.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the help! Wow not long to go now.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.