The Student Room Group

My Personal Statement

Wrote my personal statement but not sure if it is any good !! any tips please !!?! how do I end also or should I leave it as it is ??!!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Take it down

hurry
Reply 2
Original post by Defraction
Take it down

hurry

I have deleted it but how do i know if its okay !!
Reply 3
Original post by aimeedodd
I have deleted it but how do i know if its okay !!

It might have been caught already by Google, so you may have to rewrite the entire thing because it can be flagged as plagiarism.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=1083&a=1784
Reply 4
Original post by Airmed
It might have been caught already by Google, so you may have to rewrite the entire thing because it can be flagged as plagiarism.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=1083&a=1784

Oh my god !!! what do i do !!! its due in SO soon !!! i cant rewrite it, i wouldnt know how to start !!! im literally on the verge of a meltdown
Reply 5
Oh my god !!! what do i do !!! its due in SO soon !!! i cant rewrite it, i wouldnt know how to start !!! im literally on the verge of a meltdown

does this also cpunt for A level as im applying to a college????
Reply 6

Unfortunately there is not much you can do. I see that you only edited your post mere minutes ago, and created this thread over 30 minutes ago. It has most certainly been indexed by Google.

Argh I'm scared for you...
Best thing right now is NOT to panic! First calm down.
Do you have a "head of UCAS at school" if yes, email your teacher about what has happened maybe and start planning one? I suggest start writing it asap there is a thread for personal statements to be checked - I need to find it first because I had the link but I've lost it :redface:

Hope this helps :smile: good luck and try not to worry!
Reply 8
does this also cpunt for A level as im applying to a college????

Are you applying via UCAS?
Reply 9
Original post by AppleB
Do you have a "head of UCAS at school" if yes, email your teacher about what has happened maybe and start planning one? I suggest start writing it asap there is a thread for personal statements to be checked - I need to find it first because I had the link but I've lost it :redface:

I'm going to check now - thank you, I will do now, okay I will use that if you find it - ththanjk you very much :smile: xx
Reply 10
Original post by AppleB

Here is the link you were looking for https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1083 :h:
Reply 11
yes I am, although I could always post my applicatrion?
Original post by jneill
Are you applying via UCAS?
Reply 12
Original post by tajtsracc

????????????? needed ????????????/
Reply 13
Original post by Airmed
Here is the link you were looking for https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1083 :h:

Thank you sm !!!!!!!!! x
Reply 14
Moved to Applications and UCAS. A Levels not as appropriate :h:
Reply 15

Thank you sm !!!!!!!!! x

No bother, but if it is through UCAS, it's online.
Reply 16

So as @Airmed said there is a chance it has already been indexed by Google. In which case UCAS may also be aware of it. There is also a good chance it hasn't because it wasn't up for very long.

Also UCAS rules say you can't plagiarise yourself. If, as I suspect, your real name is similar to your username then you might be able to demonstrate to UCAS that you are actually the same person *if* it does get flagged,

It's your choice...

The safest thing is to re-write it.
Reply 17
Original post by Airmed
Moved to Applications and UCAS. A Levels not as appropriate :h:

what do you mean? I can post it with the application form given by the college instead, will it still be flagged? rather than through online?
Reply 18
Original post by jneill
So as @Airmed said there is a chance it has already been indexed by Google. In which case UCAS may also be aware of it. There is also a good chance it hasn't because it wasn't up for very long.

Also UCAS rules say you can't plagiarise yourself. If, as I suspect, your real name is similar to your username then you might be able to demonstrate to UCAS that you are actually the same person *if* it does get flagged,

It's your choice...

The safest thing is to re-write it.

Luckily my name is exactly the same and I have sent my statmement to my teacher already as I wanted her to check over it so she would be able to prove it - I may juts mail it or re-write it
Reply 19
what do you mean? I can post it with the application form given by the college instead, will it still be flagged? rather than through online?

They will still have to run it through software to make sure there is no plagiarism. As @jneill has said, you could possibly prove it is yours as your username seems to be similar to your actual name.

Quick Reply

Latest