Turn on thread page Beta

I lost my virginity a couple of weeks ago. I'm 18, had no problems, it didn't hurt at all. The thing is, my bf and I tried again a few nights ago, and this time it hurt so badly that we had to stop. Is it normal for it to hurt the second time but not the first? The only explanation I can think of is that I started my period 2 days later so might have been sensitive I guess, but I've never heard anything like this before!

Please help me clear this up - I'm really confused!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I had a similar experience - I didn't bleed at all with the first guy I slept with, but the first time I slept with my second guy, I bled loads. Everyone's different, and reacts differently so I'm sure it's normal

ive had the same dunno hurt slightly the second time but not the first. i think ur right you probably were more sensitive due to the reason u said. i wouldnt worry about it, nothign abnormal about it! hope keeps your mind at ease!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh sometimes its like when you hurt yourself, it doesnt hurt to begin with but then the bruise appears and it hurts. you were prob still very sore inside but you wouldnt have known until you tried. good luck next time, it gets better... much better lol

ReputationRep:
    exactly the same thing happened to me! first time it was fine, no pain no blood but the second and third and fourth time i bled and i cried as i thought i was dying or something lmao (which sorta spoiled the mood :p:) but i found out that it was perfectly normal and i never bled again. i thought it could have been to do with my period in a few days too but i don't think it is. don't worry you're normal lolz

ReputationRep:
    try not to stress because that won't help, it may have been that you were more sensitive due to your period so don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you were more nervous second time, or just you weren't in the mood or somthing. I think the same happened to me, fine first two times, then 3rd time hurt. Reeelllaaax

Any idea how long it's going to keep hurting for? I feel really bad for my bf, who's waited for me 6 months already!

ReputationRep:
    i agree same thing happened to me but it hurts when ever i have sex now dont worry it doesnt hurt for much longer and it does get better much better

ReputationRep:
    So it happens to most of the girls?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.