Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.

I'm trying to find a hair cream that I can put on "down below" that will dissolve the hair so I can just wipe away. I'm nowhere near brave enough for a wax and not keen on shaving the area as my skin can be quite sensitive and bit scared of putting a razor on it.

Anyone know of a cream that can help?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I use Nair Sensitive Hair Removal Cream.
    Does say on the back not to use it for that, but I've never had any problems.

ReputationRep:
    I use Boot's own brand bikini hair depilatory cream and never had any problems with it. Just make sure you don't leave it on longer than 10 minutes or you may find yourself in a bit of a sore spot.

ReputationRep:
    Cool. So neither of those have wax strips to take the hair off? You just put the cream on, wait a bit then wipe away with a sponge? And does it hurt, do you feel the hairs pulling out or anything?

x
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    it's hair removal cream,you don't feel anything
    use any hair removal cream that is meant for sensitive skin and you should be fine. the boots range creams and sprays are good. just don't leave it on too long

ReputationRep:
    is it just me or do hair removal creams darken ur skin?

ReputationRep:
    i dont feel comfortable using removal cream down there because a few of them arent suitable that area andi dont really like putting a lot of products but honestly, after uve waxed a few times u kind of go numb haha but i mostly shave buy one of those mini razors there for bikini area and there tiny so you have less chance of cutting yourself. ive been shaving for years and ive never cut myself, if your careful youll be fine =D
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    nope just you

ReputationRep:
    Nair is great. Plus you dont get the irritation/itching when it grows back like you do with shaving (well, I dont anyway)

Avoid Veet though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by January Victim)
    nope just you
    i dont use the creams anway my friends armpits were really dark and shes been using creams for years

waxings the way 2 go, or shaving if u cnt be bothered with the pain
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    waxing the nether regions is pain. but you get used to it and it doesn't hurt. i like waxing but can't do it often so shave or cream. there's always epilating.

ReputationRep:
    when ever iv tried using hair removal cream down there, it still leaves stubble.

iv only ever manages to get it smooth by shaving (not brave enough for wax) and even then i get little red spots, and it always rergrows so god dam quick!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisbemadness)
    Nair is great. Plus you dont get the irritation/itching when it grows back like you do with shaving (well, I dont anyway)

Avoid Veet though
    wats up wiv veet out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    I use nair, I've never had any problems with it (apart from the smell ;yucky

I mainly use it on the bits which are harder to reach with a razor. The hair stays off for about the same amount of time as shaving, the regrowth is a little softer though.

I'd test it on a small area first though, as a lot of people react badly to these kinds of creams.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.