Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)

19th century bigoted opinions! Good Lord, that's certainly a new one!

What few rep comments I get tend to vary wildly between extremes (often even on the same post) but given that I only really reply to contraversial issues I'm not surprised - the majority of people simply stick to their own opinion. Most of the negative ones have little to no relevant reason or counter-argument atall - I even got one for saying I didn't like Apple macs. Not everyone agrees with you however:
    I really couldn't care less about other members' precise rep comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    Wrong.
    Seriously now, what is your problem? You reply to a post where I make a joke about spiderman by telling me I've got "19th century bigoted opinions".

I don't have old-fashioned opinions and I'm certainly not a bigot - I just disagree with you and am capable of arguing my point, and it clearly annoys the heck out of you.

ReputationRep:
    I really couldn't care less about other members' precise rep comments.
    Well I believe you're the one that mentioned it.

I know - maybe it's the fact that I'm straight that's making this so annoying for you. Admit it, you're just a great big bigoted heterophobe!

ReputationRep:
    Well I believe you're the one that mentioned it.

I know - maybe it's the fact that I'm straight that's making this so annoying for you. Admit it, you're just a great big bigoted heterophobe!
    I mentioned the fact that you have very few points. I did not express a desire to see others' comments.

Yes OK, I admit it! I absolutely hate heterosexual people and think that they should not exist because they are disgusting. Yeah right. Get a grip calumc.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously now, what is your problem? You reply to a post where I make a joke about spiderman by telling me I've got "19th century bigoted opinions".

I don't have old-fashioned opinions and I'm certainly not a bigot - I just disagree with you and am capable of arguing my point, and it clearly annoys the heck out of you.
    i would agree with that analysis.

ReputationRep:
    And I forgot to mention - it's rather childish that you resort to questioning someone's sexuality simply because they're capable of arguing against you. It's the equivalent of losing an argument with someone in primary school and then storming away in a tantrum yelling "yeah, well i don't care about (subject of argument) anyway! you're just gay and you smell!".
    Only if you think being homosexual is something to be ashamed of.

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned the fact that you have very few points. I did not express a desire to see others' comments.

Yes OK, I admit it! I absolutely hate heterosexual people and think that they should not exist because they are disgusting. Yeah right. Get a grip calumc.
    I don't care how many "points" I've got, and I posted my recent rep to show that the majority of worthwhile comments are positive, with most negative ones being fairly idiotic and showing little intelligence on the part of whoever left it.

I'm glad you admit it. Kindly do the work for me in reminding yourself and your army of "supporters" to "get a grip" next time someone tries calling me a bigot/homophobe or whatever the latest homosexual "buzzword" of the moment happens to be at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Only if you think being homosexual is something to be ashamed of.
    Not really - I'm sure most heterosexual men would take it as an insult in much the same way as a woman would if you mistook her for male, which doesn't necassarily imply all women think being male is something to be ashamed of.

ReputationRep:
    There is an interesting item in the Times today about the clamour for recognition of homosexuality as being equal and as natural as heterosexuality.

The author opines that there is a majority of people who are sick to the back teeth with the cabal of homosexuals/lesbians, politicians and the media, plus a few supportive sympathisers, who give the impression that most people are OK with homosexuality and are trying to influence these people and convince them that they are very much in the minority!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    There is an interesting item in the Times today about the clamour for recognition of homosexuality as being equal and as natural as heterosexuality.

The author opines that there is a majority of people who are sick to the back teeth with the cabal of homosexuals/lesbians, politicians and the media, plus a few supportive sympathisers, who give the impression that most people are OK with homosexuality and are trying to influence these people and convince them that they are very much in the minority!
    Without having read the article I can't really comment, but it does remind me of a follow-up article I read regarding the two homosexual men who were declined a double room by a guest house owner. The writer took objection to the stock responses given regarding the incident which appeared to speak on behalf of the whole country giving the impression that nobody has any objection to homosexuals anymore and that this man was therefore some kind of old-fashioned monster, when clearly in a country with such a massive heterosexual majority this is not the case. I hate to say to say it, but it certainly looks like political correctness once again - while a great many people still have objections/reservations about homosexuals, especially if in their own home, the "official" view is apparently "not allowed" to show this, and instead refects on some idealised PC world which simply does not exist.

ReputationRep:
    Without having read the article I can't really comment, but it does remind me of a follow-up article I read regarding the two homosexual men who were declined a double room by a guest house owner. The writer took objection to the stock responses given regarding the incident which appeared to speak on behalf of the whole country giving the impression that nobody has any objection to homosexuals anymore and that this man was therefore some kind of old-fashioned monster, when clearly in a country with such a massive heterosexual majority this is not the case. I hate to say to say it, but it certainly looks like political correctness once again - while a great many people still have objections/reservations about homosexuals, especially if in their own home, the "official" view is apparently "not allowed" to show this, and instead refects on some idealised PC world which simply does not exist.
    Its a question about discrimination. He would receive the same response had he denied a black couple a room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Its a question about discrimination. He would receive the same response had he denied a black couple a room.
    That's true. I'm not going to get involved with this, what I've said already has been enough.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad you admit it. Kindly do the work for me in reminding yourself and your army of "supporters" to "get a grip" next time someone tries calling me a bigot/homophobe or whatever the latest homosexual "buzzword" of the moment happens to be at the time.
    I'm sorry if my post was far too sophisticated for you to comprehend, but there was a somewhat marked tone of sarcasm which you failed to observe. I shan't tell anyone to "get a grip" who calls you a homophobe because that's exactly what you are, and the reason why I absolutely loathe you is not because you claim that you're heterosexual, it's because you're a narrow-minded ********.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely loathe you is not because you claim that you're heterosexual, it's because you're a narrow-minded ********.
    *language and rudeness*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    *language and rudeness*
    Yes, I am being rude to calumc. What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry if my post was far too sophisticated for you to comprehend, but there was a somewhat marked tone of sarcasm which you failed to observe. I shan't tell anyone to "get a grip" who calls you a homophobe because that's exactly what you are, and the reason why I absolutely loathe you is not because you claim that you're heterosexual, it's because you're a narrow-minded ********.
    One word - hypocrit.

You refuse to even consider anything I say, yet claim it is ME who is the "narrow-minded ********"? Well, that really is quite amusing.

You have no more reason to call me a "homophobe" than I do to call you a "heterophobe", yet you immidiately dismissed the latter as ridiculous. You appear to be under the deluded impression that it would be impossible for someone to be disliked or prejudiced against due to them being straight, despite demonstrating an example of this with your attitude towards me. Please, get a grip, you're making a fool of yourself and being extremely childish.

You appear to be contradicting vitrually everything you say - or perhaps it's just my inferior heterosexual brain struggling to comprehend your "far too sophisticated" posts. After all, despite your apparent failure to notice the tone of sarcasm in my previous post, it is obviously my fault for having such a sub-standard grasp of english in the first place and not making it sufficiently clear. Or perhaps not, and you've just got your head in the clouds, which looks like a far more realistic explanation.

Please explain your reason for loathing me and evidence of me being a "narrow minded ********", or I shall be forced to believe that the only reason is that I am straight, which would make you no better than the bigoted fascist of a caricature you appear to have dreamt up for me out of the ether.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    *language and rudeness*
    I just noticed - the two of us have made his signature as "Most annoying members". Some would call that rather petty.

ReputationRep:
    One word - hypocrit.
    Learn to spell.

You refuse to even consider anything I say, yet claim it is ME who is the "narrow-minded ********"? Well, that really is quite amusing.
    OK then, tell me: what is it about homosexuality that you dislike so much?

You have no more reason to call me a "homophobe" than I do to call you a "heterophobe", yet you immidiately dismissed the latter as ridiculous. You appear to be under the deluded impression that it would be impossible for someone to be disliked or prejudiced against due to them being straight, despite demonstrating an example of this with your attitude towards me. Please, get a grip, you're making a fool of yourself and being extremely childish.
    You really are extremely idiotic and blatantly thick. How many times have I said this? If I hated you because you are straight, then I would be a heterophobe. But the reason I hate you is because you are a bigotted person - not because you are straight . Get this into your thick skull. If you claim that I am "heterophobic" once more then I can conclude that you are a genuine retard who has very little logic.

I'll try to express that in a more simple manner:

Reason Musicman dislikes Calumc: Use of term "******", believes that homosexual people are inferior to heterosexual people.
    Definition of Homophobia: Hatred or fear of someone due to their homosexuality.
    Derived Definition of Heterophobia: Hatred or fear of someone due to their heterosexuality.
    If I find out someone is straight, do I hate them? Do I hence automatically hate the majority of my friends and family? No.

If you found out someone was gay, would you take an instant dislike to them and hold the belief that they are somewhat invalid human beings? I'll leave you to answer that.

Hence are you a homophobe? Again, you can answer that. But the fact that you clearly have a problem with gay people makes you a bigot. Fact. Don't try to argue with it because it's blatant, and such disparaging terms as "******" confirm this.

You appear to be contradicting vitrually everything you say - or perhaps it's just my inferior heterosexual brain struggling to comprehend your "far too sophisticated" posts. After all, despite your apparent failure to notice the tone of sarcasm in my previous post, it is obviously my fault for having such a sub-standard grasp of english in the first place and not making it sufficiently clear. Or perhaps not, and you've just got your head in the clouds, which looks like a far more realistic explanation.
    I would say that your lack of comprehension is due to your inferior brain and outlook on things in general, though your "supposed" heterosexuality has nothing to do with the issue, as I have said frequently but you are incapable of acknowledging it. I am also contradicting nothing I say: tell me in what why I have contradicted myself.

explain your reason for loathing me and evidence of me being a "narrow minded ********", or I shall be forced to believe that the only reason is that I am straight, which would make you no better than the bigoted fascist of a caricature you appear to have dreamt up for me out of the ether.
    Reasons for loathing you:
    1. The fact that you are over-opinionated on an issue that does not affect you.
    2. The fact that you are bigotted.
    3. The fact that you morally object to everything in order to make yourself appear extremely enlightened, perhaps to counteract your lack of intelligence one suspects.
    4. The constant over-compensation for the fact that you are apparently straight, perhaps leading me to think otherwise.

Reasons for you being a "narrow-minded ********":
    1. Use of term "******s"
    2. Belief that homosexuals are inferior to heterosexuals.
    3. Accusations that I am a "heterophobe" which demonstrates your complete lack of logic.

All in all, you're just an irritating pratt really, and the fact that I have received numerous PMs and positive rep from other members agreeing with everything that I've said about you and vienna95 somewhat suggests that I am with the majority here.

ReputationRep:
    I just noticed - the two of us have made his signature as "Most annoying members". Some would call that rather petty.
    Some would call you rather petty.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? What if someone was born blue?
    An AP bio teacher of mine brought the subject of blue people to discussion one day - the article he used went into more genetic detail, but since that was a good two years ago I dont remember the specific URL.

http://www.people.virginia.edu/~rjh9u/fugate.html

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.