Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Name:  cooltext223822473798237.png
Views: 1090
Size:  110.4 KB

(Note: I was motivated by the Grow my Grades section and I thought I'd do my own since its a new year!)

Previous academic results: GCSE: 3A*s 7As; AS level: AA (in Maths and German)
    Current studying: Mathematics, German, Biology, Chemistry
    My goals: Less procrastination, Better organisation skills and to receive A*A*A*A* in all four A-level subjects!
    :bl:
    Currently, I hold an offer from Imperial College London to study BSc Biochemistry with German for Science, on the conditions of receiving AAAB (AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics and a B in German). My insurance offer is The University of Birmingham to study BSc Biochemistry with a year in Continental Europe, on the conditions of BBB (a reduced offer due to the successful completion of Realising Opportunities).

However, with hard work and determination, I believe I am capable of achieving A* across all my four subjects! Let’s do this!

As of 31/12/2016, I have currently completed all notes covering the whole specification for Chemistry, Biology (In some parts, handwriting is not very neat…) and Mathematics.

I have finished learning all the keywords for German (however, I would need to refresh my memory on German vocab on a regular basis and may need to learn unfamiliar German words I come across). For 2017, I aim to practice more on my German speaking skills since it is not the best!

(Hopefully, a few of you guys follow my journey and this motivates you to also achieve your goals!)

Spoiler:
    Show

January 2017 Mock A level Results:

Mathematics: A (A2)
    German: C (A2)
    Biology: A (AS and A2)
    Chemistry: A (AS)

A level Results:

Mathematics: A*
    German: A
    Biology: A
    Chemistry: A

Attached Images

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by greentron6)

(Note: I was motivated by the Grow my Grades section and I thought I'd do my own since its a new year!)

My goals: Less procrastination, Better organisation skills and to receive A*A*A*A* in all four A-level subjects!
    Currently, I hold an offer from Imperial College London to study BSc Biochemistry with German for Science, on the conditions of receiving AAAB (AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics and a B in German). My insurance offer is The University of Birmingham to study BSc Biochemistry with a year in Continental Europe, on the conditions of BBB (a reduced offer due to the successful completion of Realising Opportunities).

However, with hard work and determination, I believe I am capable of achieving A* across all my four subjects! Let’s do this!

As of 31/12/2016, I have currently completed all notes covering the whole specification for Chemistry, Biology (In some parts, handwriting is not very neat…) and Mathematics.

I have finished learning all the keywords for German (however, I would need to refresh my memory on German vocab on a regular basis and may need to learn unfamiliar German words I come across). For 2017, I aim to practice more on my German speaking skills since it is not the best!

(Hopefully, a few of you guys follow my journey and this motivates you to also achieve your goals!)

Spoiler:
    Show

A level Results:

Mathematics: TBA
    German: TBA
    Biology: TBA
    Chemistry: TBA

Impressive offers, the Birmingham one sounds really interesting good luck with your German speaking skills and with your journey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Impressive offers, the Birmingham one sounds really interesting good luck with your German speaking skills and with your journey!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    how do you have all the a2 notes done if you havent finished the syllabus

ReputationRep:
    Good luck on your journey, looks like your going to achieve those goals.
    what exam board are you for chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    how do you have all the a2 notes done if you havent finished the syllabus
    I self teach myself. There are plenty of resources to do so. I think it's always best to be ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbiLab)
    Good luck on your journey, looks like your going to achieve those goals.
    what exam board are you for chemistry?
    Thanks!
    I hope you achieve your goals aswell. I'm OCR (Salters B) for Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    I self teach myself. There are plenty of resources to do so. I think it's always best to be ahead.
    what are your predicted grades and out of curiousity why didnt you go for medicine?
    if you dont mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    what are your predicted grades and out of curiousity why didnt you go for medicine?
    if you dont mind me asking
    My predicted grades are A*AAA.

I have no interest in becoming a doctor and Medicine is extremely competitive. I prefer Biochemistry in terms of the research aspects.

ReputationRep:
    My predicted grades are A*AAA.

I have no interest in becoming a doctor and Medicine is extremely competitive. I prefer Biochemistry in terms of the research aspects.
    fair enough, its also a bit of a nightmare trying to balance the non academic side of applying to medicine ( entry tests, interviews) with schoolwork. great predicted grades!

ReputationRep:
    I thought universities aren't allowed to make offers based on four grades? How do you have an offer of AAAB at Imperial??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    I thought universities aren't allowed to make offers based on four grades? How do you have an offer of AAAB at Imperial??
    It's beyond me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    they are, theyre not allowed to ask for students to take four A-levels but if you have then they can make four a level offers, usually dropping one grade on one of the subjects

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

A level Results:

What were your A*s in at gcse ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    What were your A*s in at gcse ?
    German, RE and History.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

A level Results:

This is so impressive well done !!! I'm doing AS currently and i really want to achieve high grades, although i haven't done all my notes for all of my subjects yet ! Do you have any advice because i know i need to get on with it, but i get so much homework i hardly have time to make all of these notes, but some people in my year are so good at making all of these notes and things but i just don't know how to do it well.The AS' i'm taking are : History , Politics , Philosophy and French

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skye99)
    This is so impressive well done !!! I'm doing AS currently and i really want to achieve high grades, although i haven't done all my notes for all of my subjects yet ! Do you have any advice because i know i need to get on with it, but i get so much homework i hardly have time to make all of these notes, but some people in my year are so good at making all of these notes and things but i just don't know how to do it well.The AS' i'm taking are : History , Politics , Philosophy and French
    Hey!
    Because I mainly do science subjects. The exam technique is quite different in terms of essay based subjects so I'm quite limited in advice. However, use the specification when writing your notes and use it as a checklist! For French, I suggest using Quizlet to learn vocab!

ReputationRep:
    01/01/2017
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I only have 3 days left of the Christmas holiday before my mock examinations!
    :elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

Biology - I completed a Unit 2 Biology Paper, June 2010 (Received 65/80) > I corrected the work and will practice more papers - (I'm really not a fan of plants and the environment...)
    Chemistry - Revised at few Chemistry topics for the mocks (Rates, Half life, Rate Determining Step, Methods to measure the reaction rate, the Arrhenius Equation)
    German - Edited my notes on a German film that I'm studying. An essay about the film will be in the mocks. Have any of you watched "Das Leben der Anderen" - a very good film!

I plan to finish the day by revising M1 (Maths). Goodnight!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Because I mainly do science subjects. The exam technique is quite different in terms of essay based subjects so I'm quite limited in advice. However, use the specification when writing your notes and use it as a checklist! For French, I suggest using Quizlet to learn vocab!
    Thank you so much !

ReputationRep:
    can you post your notes on google drive it would be really useful

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.