The Student Room Group

misstiah_h's GCSE Journey

:heart:misstiah_h's GCSE Journey 2017! :heart:
Hi everyone, my name is Tiah and this is my GYG thread for my GCSEs that I will be sitting in 2017. I'm a very hard-working person; my favourite subjects are basically all sciences and Spanish and I want to do all that I can to achieve my personal targets.

What do I want to achieve by starting this blog?
On this thread I will be posting regular updates on my studying techniques and revision tips, and hopefully having this record of my work will motivate me (and you!) to inspire other people and prove that anything is possible.

Predicted Grades for Summer 17

AQA Biology A*
AQA Physics A*
AQA Chemistry A
Edexcel Maths 8
OCR History A
Edexcel Spanish A
OCR Photography A
AQA English Lit 7
AQA English Lang 7
Edexcel RE A
^ I would definitely like to improve some of those predictions!

Goals for after GCSE

Spoiler

Latest Mock Results

Spoiler

Useful links & Revision resources I use

Spoiler

And finally..
I can't wait to share my GCSE journey with all of you on TSR! Make sure to follow me and click 'watch' on this thread if you want to see how I get on, and feel free to get involved and reply to the blog! We will inspire and motivate each other :smile:

Psttt... RESULTS DAY SPOILER!!!

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What A-Levels you looking to do Tiah?
Original post by Retsek
What A-Levels you looking to do Tiah?

Hey! At the moment I'm thinking biology, chemistry and Spanish. How about you? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by misstiah_h
Hey! At the moment I'm thinking biology, chemistry and Spanish. How about you? :smile:

Further Maths, Maths, Physics and Chemistry
I'm going for the classic "I'm a massive nerd" options
Original post by Retsek
Further Maths, Maths, Physics and Chemistry
I'm going for the classic "I'm a massive nerd" options

Wow that's great! I think I would have picked another subject (too much choice agh) but my school doesn't advise we do four :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Wow that's great! I think I would have picked another subject (too much choice agh) but my school doesn't advise we do four :frown:

Yeah, if you do further maths you have to do maths aswell
Update: Sunday 1st Jan
Happy New Year Everyone! Here's to a healthy and successful 2017. Today I have been a little sluggish after last night's celebrations, but I've tried to kick start the revision so I will be more motivated by the time school starts on Wednesday.

My physics teacher set us a homework on revising the "medical" part of P3, so I made flashcards on parts of the eye, ultrasound and x-rays.

I'm currently trying to finish my photography coursework, I just need to complete a few annotations for my final piece then it will all be done :smile: (at least for now.. my teacher will probably make me retype everything haha)

^ As you can see, not a lot there.. but it's a start :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
The only thing I'm excited about for P3 is particle accelerators (I watch The Flash)

Your predicted grades are amazing! I'll definitely be watching this thread to see what you do :smile:
Original post by pinkypaz123
The only thing I'm excited about for P3 is particle accelerators (I watch The Flash)

Your predicted grades are amazing! I'll definitely be watching this thread to see what you do :smile:

Omg I want to watch The Flash.. is it good?
Our class have just finished P3 and it's a bit of a drag tbh (but maybe that's just because physics is my least favourite science :tongue:) - the only part I like is 3.1, the medical applications bit - it's pretty interesting!

And thanks! I do try :wink: I'm looking forward to watching your progress too. Best of luck xx
It's amazing!
Physics is my least favourite out of the 3 too, especially with all the equations

I wish you the best too xx
Update: Monday 2nd Jan
Hey! How's it going? I am really happy with the amount of studying I did today compared to yesterday.

Physics:

Finished my flashcards for P3.1 and P3.2

Did practice exam questions on P3.1 because I have a test on this when I get back

Here are the questions I did (They're really helpful to revise with because they come with answers, so you can self-mark and see what you need to improve on :smile:)

Spanish:

Quickly saved and revised some vocabulary on Quizlet: I will do another post on revising with this when I get to grips with it- I just discovered the app yesterday and it's a fabulous revision resource!

English:

Went over some Blood Brothers quotes, context & themes (anyone else doing Blood Brothers? Seems like it's just me)

Organising Revision Material:

Get all of your revision material ready and organised as early as possible so you know exactly where it is before going back to school. Today I printed some more science past papers and organised them in to folders, so they are easily accessible in case I want to do any revision (as shown below)

IMG_4221.jpg

Overall, I feel like I have been very productive today and it's making me feel a lot more prepared for going back to school on Wednesday. See you soon!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh my goodness (as weird as it sounds) I love your handwriting! Mine is just a scrawl...
And your mock results are so good!! I look forward to following your progress on this GYG blog :smile:
Original post by Hannah-Brown
Oh my goodness (as weird as it sounds) I love your handwriting! Mine is just a scrawl...
And your mock results are so good!! I look forward to following your progress on this GYG blog :smile:

Awww thanks Hannah! Though it does sometimes get a bit out of control and my teachers struggle to read it (especially on timed questions haha)

I am quite proud of my mock results actually, but I did have to pull a few late nighters after underestimating the amount of material left to revise (especially in history)!!
Loool gcse peasants
Original post by RegrettingAS
Loool gcse peasants

you're the one with the username "RegrettingAS" :colonhash:
Update: Tuesday 3rd Jan
Hello! Today is my last day before going back to school :frown: but tbh I don't mind going back, I'm finding it very hard to structure myself whilst being at home. Here's the studying I managed to do today:

Physics:

Made a few flashcards on P3.3 (almost finished :biggrin:)

Watched this youtube video about Fleming's left hand rule & made notes - at first I thought the animation was quite basic but it made me understand the rule a lot more than before and now I finally get it!

English Lit:

Put my own key quotes and context for each poem on the conflict cluster on Quizlet.. the sets are here and here

Added to my anthology.. pretty pleased with how detailed my notes are for the poems now. Just need to research the context for a few more

IMG_4232 copy.jpg

And finally.. I ordered a Moleskine notebook so that I can start a bullet journal! I've been so inspired recently by pinterest & studyblrs to start organising all of my lists and revision planning in one place, so I will be sure to update you all with pictures when it gets started :smile:
I am obsessed with my moleskin notebook, they really are amazing! Although my pages never turn out as the pretty ones on pinterest... I can't wait to see yours!
(edited 7 years ago)
Why is your physics revision a picture of a poem ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm doing the same exam board as you for english as well as the same poetry cluster. ive got this book with all the poems in it too and we sometimes annotate it in class! but its so unfair cause we have like 15 poems to go through and memorise quotes from!! i'd say the best websites to help with annotating the poems (especially the charge of the light brigade) are bbc bitesize and sparknotes. have you got any reccommendations for any other websites? also, good luck with going back to school tomorrow! i have to goback tomorrow too :frown:
Update: Tuesday 3rd Jan
Hello! Today is my last day before going back to school :frown: but tbh I don't mind going back, I'm finding it very hard to structure myself whilst being at home. Here's the studying I managed to do today:

Physics:

Made a few flashcards on P3.3 (almost finished :biggrin:)

Watched this youtube video about Fleming's left hand rule & made notes - at first I thought the animation was quite basic but it made me understand the rule a lot more than before and now I finally get it!

English Lit:

Put my own key quotes and context for each poem on the conflict cluster on Quizlet.. the sets are here and here

Added to my anthology.. pretty pleased with how detailed my notes are for the poems now. Just need to research the context for a few more

IMG_4232 copy.jpg

And finally.. I ordered a Moleskine notebook so that I can start a bullet journal! I've been so inspired recently by pinterest & studyblrs to start organising all of my lists and revision planning in one place, so I will be sure to update you all with pictures when it gets started :smile:
Original post by Hannah-Brown
I am obsessed with my moleskin notebook, they really are amazing! Although my pages never turn out as the pretty ones on pinterest... I can't wait to see yours!

I am going to try and keep mine really neat. I bought my mum a moleskine for Christmas and she loves it, and now I have notebook envy! haha

Quick Reply

Latest