Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Late Night Chat Take 4 act 1 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Not related, but what's going to happen in 3.16 years Musicboy? The end of your degree course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Ok, here's the reason I was depressed the other night, and still am a bit. I am very good friends with this girl. The relationship is completely platonic but we are really good friends. We like all of the same stuff (especially Byron) and our politics are pretty similar. We just feel really at home with each other and can chat for hours and hours. Now some of you will remember that I went to venice a few weeks back. While I was away I introduced my twin brother to my friend and since then he has spent all his spare time flirting with her. Finally they started going out. Now, here is the problem. I think that it is really good for both of them that they are going out but in the last two weeks, every single conversation I've had with my friend (msn, telephone or in real life) has been interrupted by my brother saying "ooh, can I talk" or something similar. I really can't say "no" cos that would just upset everyone. She has even told me that she prefers talk to me tan to him. The worst is when I'm talking to her in person and he'l;l just come along and start pulling her (has happenned three times in the last week). He has no idea how it makes me feel, not that I'm jealous but that I feel he has no respect for my relationship with her. I think I have finally sorted this out this evening after talkig to her and we are going to start meeting without my brother knowing (I feel really S**t saying to my brother "just going out to meet up with your GF") so we have decided to keep it a secret for now.

MB
    that sounds really selfish of him! It's a good job you're reclaiming your friendship with the girl though, although be careful that your brother doesn't find out!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    Not related, but what's going to happen in 3.16 years Musicboy? The end of your degree course?
    Or, worse still, the end of life as we know it! :eek:

I noticed that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I can't believe that can happen! Do you and your brother get on? Don't you* have a mutual appreciation that certain things i.e. girls, are first come first serve - and not shared / unfairly muscled in on by either party?

Personally, I'm not so sure about any behind his back business though... Even if your brother was the principal offender.

*EDIT to doesn't he
    Yay, I'm in another sig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)

nothing, just taking the piss out of people who have countdowns in their sigs.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    It's going to be a whirlwind two day tour there for me, but I'll try to find you somewhere nice
    Cooool Save me spending money on a guidebook :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    have you visited my sig (im a mod there)
    yup, but filling in a web form is (just about) the last thing i want to do atm - I hate the things! I'll sign up tomorrow, I promise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Yay, I'm in [just] another sig
    No ordinary sig, darling - remember that!

ReputationRep:
    nothing, just taking the piss out of people who have countdowns in their sigs.

MB
    Ah, excellent.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe that can happen! Do you and your brother get on? Don't you* have a mutual appreciation that certain things i.e. girls, are first come first serve - and not shared / unfairly muscled in on by either party?

Personally, I'm not so sure about any behind his back business though... Even if your brother was the principal offender.

*EDIT to doesn't he
    Nothing like this has ever happenned before. The behind his back thing is because he'll get pissed off with me otherwise and also if they have a nasty break up then it means I can maintain a friendship with her. I mean he knew that I wasn't interested in going out with her but I did ask him not to try anything with her. Unfortunately he has just come out of a 9 month relationship and has F**K all self control.

MB

ReputationRep:
    No ordinary sig, darling - remember that!
    *feels extra special*

ReputationRep:
    Dont do that, girls come and go, dont screw your own brother for a girl! when he finds out he'll care just like you do now, ure screwed up if u do that to ure own twin bro

ReputationRep:
    Nothing like this has ever happenned before. The behind his back thing is because he'll get pissed off with me otherwise and also if they have a nasty break up then it means I can maintain a friendship with her. I mean he knew that I wasn't interested in going out with her but I did ask him not to try anything with her. Unfortunately he has just come out of a 9 month relationship and has F**K all self control.

MB
    Bah, relationships.. filthy word :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)
    Dont do that, girls come and go, dont screw your own brother for a girl! when he finds out he'll care just like you do now, ure screwed up if u do that to ure own twin bro
    do what to him. It's not like I;m gonna try and get them to split. It's just I was feeling down about it.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Bah, relationships.. filthy word :mad:

Indeed. unless proceeded by the word ended.

MB

ReputationRep:

MB
    And then it's cause for celebration!

ReputationRep:
    And then it's cause for celebration!

apparently. When i'm older I want to hire myself out to dump people. That would be such a fun job.

MB

ReputationRep:

MB
    Hehe, it's always meant to be more more fun with ex-s too. But then I wouldn't know...as my romances have an uncanny knack of ending acrimoniously...through no fault of my own, I assure you!

ReputationRep:
    1154 days till what?! you graduate from uni? :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    1154 days till what?! you graduate from uni? :'(

No, as I said before it is only there to take the piss out of people with countdowns in their sigs. It doesn't count down to anything particular.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.