form asking about bank details when applying + loan Q Watch

monica7790
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
my friend is just starting uni this year 07 at london south bank. he told me that he had to fill in forms bout his personal finance as in how much money he has in his bank accounts. is this really necessary? is this only if you apply for student finance?

i go uni 08 and i was wondering i only plan on taking a loan out for tuition, is that avaliable for everyone? my household income is 50k and i have money in my bank accounts, im still allowed to get a tuiton loan arent i? thanks xxx
snu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have no idea what forms your friend is talking about, I have never had to fill in how much money I have in bank accounts.

As for your other questions, you should probably start by reading Directgov's pages on student finance.
monica7790
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
thanks
Greenmile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You are only required to declare unearned income - which includes income from bank interest (but not the actual balance).

If you are applying only for the fee loan, you do not need to supply any income details. The loan is available to everyone (unless you have previous study or residency issues or previous bad debt with the SLC).
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (7)
38.89%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (7)
38.89%
I don't have an opinion (4)
22.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise