Want more information about this university?
Maddie.rose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am looking at transferring to Greenwich and I wanted to know if its more suburban and quiet around campus or if it has a huge nightlife. I know its like 30 minutes away from downtown london but does it feel quiet a lot or is there lots do to right around campus?
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Maddie.rose)
I am looking at transferring to Greenwich and I wanted to know if its more suburban and quiet around campus or if it has a huge nightlife. I know its like 30 minutes away from downtown london but does it feel quiet a lot or is there lots do to right around campus?
Hi Maddie, The University of Greenwich has 3 campuses, Greenwich, Avery Hill and Medway.
Greenwich is located on the banks of the River Thames. Greenwich is a bustling town with a great atmosphere fostered by markets, pubs, clubs and restaurants. Up the Creek, a comedy and cabaret club, offers up-and-coming names in stand-up and is a short walk from the campus.
A few minutes' walk from the campus is Cooper Building, which is home to the students' union. Inside, Bar Latitude has bright, modern decor and offers a range of hot and cold food. A pool room and the union shop are also in the building.
The campus also has its own selection of eateries. There are two coffee bars where you can grab a drink or bite to eat between lectures. The undercrofts of the campus have more substantial food on offer, with a restaurant below King William Court and a new café/canteen underneath Queen Mary Court.

Avery Hill Campus is located in South-East London. Near the campus are plenty of pubs, clubs and restaurants, as well as cinemas, a 28-lane bowling alley and health and fitness facilities. The nearest town is Eltham, where you will find a high street with the usual array of places to shop and eat.
Bexleyheath has the Broadway Shopping Centre. Blackheath, to the north of the A2, has restaurants offering cuisine ranging from Mexican to Indian. A short bus ride or drive away is Bluewater one of Europe’s largest centres for shopping and leisure facilities, including a cinema.
The village complex on Southwood Site offers accommodation, a general shop and a launderette, plus nearby sporting amenities for tennis, rugby, football and cricket. 'The Dome' in the centre of the complex, houses a food outlet and a gym. Mansion Site has a café, a canteen and general shop.
Down the road at Sparrows Farm, there is a students' union bar and entertainment facilities. Outside here is the Airdome, an indoor football facility shared between Charlton Athletic Football Club and the university.

Medway Campus is located on the Kent coast, approximately 30 miles from central London. In Chatham itself, you can find shopping centres and high street stores, while Rochester offers a range of quirky shops along its cobbled high street.
The campus boasts a good mix of social and leisure facilities on site, from a mix of café's, bars and restaurants to sports facilities. A brand new £4 million student centre will be opening in September 2016 and will form the new focus of student social activity on campus.
The campus also has access to many other facilities on its doorstep. The Historic Dockyard in Chatham is over the road. It was here that HMS Victory was built and where Lord Nelson boarded his first ship. The Dockside Outlet Centre is within easy walking distance and includes a multiscreen cinema, restaurants and access to the marina. Medway Park, also on the campus' doorstep, is the local flagship £11m centre of sporting excellence and is an inspiring environment where you can share top-class community sports facilities with national and international athletes.

KW
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (7)
28%
Less motivated (18)
72%

Watched Threads