Need help with subject choices in regards to possible careers

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

This is my first post on this site. I need help in regards to choosing a subject profile for my next two years in DP. I need to make my subject choices within 20 days, and I have a pretty good idea of the classes I'm taking, but I wanted to ask (with these specific profiles) what I can strive towards in terms of future careers. In other words, what are some careers I can pursue with the following subject choices?

This is the setup I'm most likely choosing:

HL History (European)
    HL English A LangLit
    HL Biology
    SL Math
    SL Spanish
    SL Global Politics

I'm almost 100% certain that I'll be going for these subjects. Some more info about me is that I'm very interested in history as well as writing and studying concepts, which is why I've chosen a very information-heavy profile (lots of reading in bio, history, english). All my teachers say that I'm very strong in social studies and it would be a shame if I didn't take a social studies-type profile, which is one of the other reasons that I've chosen these subjects
    What kind of careers can I pursue with these subjects/interests? I don't want to choose my subjects, do well in the DP and then have no clue of what to do.

Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

There are a range of careers that you could pursue with these subjects. If you are planning to go to university, they will most likely look at your higher subjects. With your higher subjects you could go into:

Journalism
    Teaching
    Law
    Politics
    Business?
    Geography?

Some of the choices I've put down are courses you could study with your subjects, I used this website (http://university.which.co.uk/a-level-explorer) even though it is for a-levels, you can still get ideas from it.

I hope this helped. If it didn't there is bound to be a career you will like. Good luck!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 9, 2017
TSR Support Team
Today on TSR
Poll
American or British/European: what type of pancakes do you like?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.