Need help with subject choices in regards to possible careers

Watch this thread
Ivanabsent
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey all,

This is my first post on this site. I need help in regards to choosing a subject profile for my next two years in DP. I need to make my subject choices within 20 days, and I have a pretty good idea of the classes I'm taking, but I wanted to ask (with these specific profiles) what I can strive towards in terms of future careers. In other words, what are some careers I can pursue with the following subject choices?

This is the setup I'm most likely choosing:

HL History (European)
HL English A LangLit
HL Biology
SL Math
SL Spanish
SL Global Politics

I'm almost 100% certain that I'll be going for these subjects. Some more info about me is that I'm very interested in history as well as writing and studying concepts, which is why I've chosen a very information-heavy profile (lots of reading in bio, history, english). All my teachers say that I'm very strong in social studies and it would be a shame if I didn't take a social studies-type profile, which is one of the other reasons that I've chosen these subjects
What kind of careers can I pursue with these subjects/interests? I don't want to choose my subjects, do well in the DP and then have no clue of what to do.

Thanks for the help
Shaunie3
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Hey!

There are a range of careers that you could pursue with these subjects. If you are planning to go to university, they will most likely look at your higher subjects. With your higher subjects you could go into:

Journalism
Teaching
Law
Politics
Business?
Geography?

Some of the choices I've put down are courses you could study with your subjects, I used this website (http://university.which.co.uk/a-level-explorer) even though it is for a-levels, you can still get ideas from it.

I hope this helped. If it didn't there is bound to be a career you will like. Good luck!
fizzyfizz
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Ivanabsent)
Hey all,

This is my first post on this site. I need help in regards to choosing a subject profile for my next two years in DP. I need to make my subject choices within 20 days, and I have a pretty good idea of the classes I'm taking, but I wanted to ask (with these specific profiles) what I can strive towards in terms of future careers. In other words, what are some careers I can pursue with the following subject choices?

This is the setup I'm most likely choosing:

HL History (European)
HL English A LangLit
HL Biology
SL Math
SL Spanish
SL Global Politics

I'm almost 100% certain that I'll be going for these subjects. Some more info about me is that I'm very interested in history as well as writing and studying concepts, which is why I've chosen a very information-heavy profile (lots of reading in bio, history, english). All my teachers say that I'm very strong in social studies and it would be a shame if I didn't take a social studies-type profile, which is one of the other reasons that I've chosen these subjects
What kind of careers can I pursue with these subjects/interests? I don't want to choose my subjects, do well in the DP and then have no clue of what to do.

Thanks for the help
there's a broad range of options as far as career is concerned for you
you could pursue
journalism
any sort of work as a historian in museums etc
teaching
with history and politics you can work in international relations or even law if you like
you could use biology to further specialize in a certain field of animals perhaps, if u took psychology in place of something tpu can become a zoologist as well

goodluck with it, you'll do great!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (7)
21.88%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
9.38%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
12.5%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
9.38%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
21.88%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
25%

Watched Threads