Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heya,

I'm going out tonight and all of a sudden my eyes are starting to go bloodshot: its not overly noticable, but I don't want it getting worse. I already have my make-up on, but is there anything i can do to get rid of it?

ReputationRep:
    stop smoking weed

ReputationRep:
    Drinking tons of water NORMALLY works.

At the moment I think i have something wrong with one of my eyes as its been bloodshot for over a month now :s, have a doctors appointment for it on tuesday. But thats another story.

ReputationRep:
    or for other explanations take a look at the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjunctivitis

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    Eyes

Alcohol causes the tiny blood vessels on the surface of the eye, called the sclera, to become dilated and inflamed, resulting in bloodshot eyes. Heavy drinking depletes the body of the nutrients needed for eye health and consequently can lead to a condition known as alcoholic optic neuritis. This can impair eyesight and, in time, lead to blindness.

Could be tiredness. try those eyedrops, Opti-max? I cant rememebr wat they are called but check boots out. In the mean time dont attract attention to your eyes, no bright eye makeup etc

ReputationRep:
    could just be a touch of hay fever irritating your eyes! Optrex Allergy Eyes and Opticrom do the same trick! its not likely to be conjunctivitis if it just appeared in both eyes at around the same time!

ReputationRep:
    1 of my eyes has had a drop of bloodshot in it for ages.. dunno why it came or why is hasnt gone, but it doesnt seem to bother me. Meh it matches my birthday mark on my forehead anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm going to get conjunctivitus again when my eyes go bloodshot - before it even hurts, I know it's coming on. It could just be tiredness though.. as plenty of people said, lots of water, and if it persists, nothing wrong with heading to the doctor's/opticians, you only get one set of eyes :]

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes make-up causes my eyes to go bloodshot could that be it?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.