Apphiamb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I'm in year10 and I have my gcse mocks in under a year. I am doing the foundation maths paper and I am struggling. I need to go from a level 3 to a level 5 because the course I really need must have a grade 5 in maths. Can anyone give me any revision methods or revising tips that would help me? Thanks
Retsek
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Apphiamb)
Hi, I'm in year10 and I have my gcse mocks in under a year. I am doing the foundation maths paper and I am struggling. I need to go from a level 3 to a level 5 because the course I really need must have a grade 5 in maths. Can anyone give me any revision methods or revising tips that would help me? Thanks
Do you have any revision guides?
If not I can recommend CGP
You will need to identify your weaknesses, if you know what you're bad at that's good! You've got the whole internet at your finger tips, if you just google questions on what you need to practise you'll get hundreds of websites, or if you're struggling to understand the method in general you can YouTube it, there are loads of channels dedicated to explaining topics in maths.
Good luck!
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Apphiamb)
There's plenty of time to make the improvement. Practice is the key to doing well in maths.
Ask your teacher for feedback on resources and support available through school and maybe ask for more practice homework. Make a list of the topics you cover in year 10 and use the mathsgenie.co.uk web site to revise and do practice questions on them before your end of year exams. Get a revision guide and practice workbook matched to your examiner, they are not too expensive. As mentioned above, CGP are good for maths. Revise and prepare well for your year 11 mocks by doing past papers and practice papers to identify your weak areas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ManLike007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A good tip generally for Maths is to drill in everything. Don't copy a mark scheme just for the sake of "completing" a question. If you need help, ask a friend or your teacher and make sure you understand how to answer the question and not just to nod your head to move on.

If you're doing a past paper or homework and you're struggling on a question for quite some time, make a note of it and move onto the next question. Again, ask for help for the question you struggled at.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.82%
No (67)
39.18%

Watched Threads