Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Name:  JPDC99.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  160.2 KB

HAPPY NEW YEAR! - MAY 2017 BE A GREAT YEAR

Hi,

I am creating this new discussion in order to track my progress to academic excellence in life. I am an average but somewhat intelligent student who wants to achieve a lot in my future career and leave a legacy on Earth. For my AS-Levels, I took AS-Maths, AS-Computer Science (but for some reason the school did not enter my class for the AS Examination), and AS Geography. I am currently halfway through my A2 year and still striving to achieve my aspirations.

I am also doing an EPQ which will need a lot of attention now that it's January, especially when I have done very little for it at this moment in time (I definitely should have planned it better lol). So far I have collected all my resources and have begun to analyse them, but I think now that I have finished my Deputy Head Boy duties for the year-long term, I will have more free time at my disposal. If you have any words of advice about how to achieve a good grade in Extended Projects or any advice about the matter I would be very happy to hear it. Thanks

I submitted my UCAS application on November 16th, and have received responses from all of them - Offers listed below. I wish to go on to study Economics or Financial Economics at University.

Posts - Min 1/Week

Good Reads - "How To Ace Your A-Levels" by A.Raja and M.Karia - Great book about study technique and how to achieve exceptional grades.

Template Credit - @Someboady - He inspired me to make this discussion and I would thoroughly recommend a look at his thread - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4323766

AS-Level Results - (This will constantly fuel my motivation)

Maths

C1 | Grade - B | UMS Mark: 72
    C2| Grade - E| UMS Mark: 46
    S1| Grade - C| UMS Mark: 66

Geography

GEOG 1| Grade - D| UMS Mark: 70 | (I honestly thought I was going to get an A)
    GEOG 2| Grade - B| UMS Mark: 44

January 2017 Mock Dates

C3 | JANUARY 5TH | Grade A* (MY FIRST EVER!)| Mark - 70/75

COMPUTER SCIENCE PAPER 1 | JANUARY 5TH| Grade B| Mark - 33/45
    COMPUTER SCIENCE PAPER 2 | JANUARY 12TH| Grade B/C| Mark - 53/85

GEOGRAPHY (GEOG 3 - ONLY 1 SECTION) | JANUARY 6TH| Grade B| Mark - 15/25

A-Level Examinations in MAY-JUNE 2017

Maths (Edexcel)

C3| Date - TUESDAY 20TH JUNE
    C4| Date - FRIDAY 23RD JUNE
    S2| Date - MONDAY 26TH JUNE
    C1 (Retake)| Date - WEDNESDAY 17TH MAY
    C2 (Retake)| Date - WEDNESDAY 24TH MAY

Computer Science (AQA)

Computer Science Paper 1 | Date - MONDAY 5TH JUNE
    Computer Science Paper 2| Date - THURSDAY 22ND JUNE

Geography (AQA)

GEOG 3| Date - MONDAY 5TH JUNE
    GEOG 4A| Date - FRIDAY 9TH JUNE
    GEOG 1 (Retake)| Date - TUESDAY 16TH MAY

UCAS Application Responses

UCAS Application Status: SENT + RECEIVED 4/5 OFFERS
    Predicted Grades: ABB

Responses:

1 - King's College London - Political Economy| REJECTED - PREDICTED GRADES TOO LOW| Requirements - AAA
    2 - City University London - Financial Economics| OFFER - CONDITIONAL| Requirements - AAB or ABB + EPQ
    3 - University of Reading - Economics | OFFER -CONDITIONAL| Requirements - AAB or ABB If Firm Choice
    4 - University of Greenwich - Economics| OFFER - CONDITIONAL| Requirements - 120 UCAS POINTS
    5 - Kingston University - Economics| OFFER - CONDITIONAL| Requirements - 112 UCAS POINTS + EPQ

Have until May the 4th to decide Firm and Insurance Choices.

A-Level Targets

Maths| Personal Target - A| Content Target - B
    Geography | Personal Target - A| Content Target - B
    Computer Science | Personal Target - A | Content Target - B
    EPQ | Personal Target - A| Content Target - B

Life Targets

Achieve AAA at A-Level
    London University
    Achieve First-Class Honors Degree
    Career in Investment Banking or HM Treasury (Government)
    Work in both London and New York City

Interests
    Spoiler:
    Show

STAR WARS
    Video Gaming (Xbox One)
    Politics
    Foreign Relations
    Economics
    Current World Affairs
    Guitar
    Football - Arsenal :arsenal:
    Technology

Last Word:

If you have been committed to read this far down, I say thanks . I am very open to discussion and advice from anywhere in the community, whether it is constructive criticism or banter.

Thanks for reading, and May The Force Be With You.

JPDC99

* = Will add later

ReputationRep:
    DAY 1

At the moment I am unable to forge my plan for the rest of the year, as I have been preparing for my Mocks (Uggh). Therefore I will still be without an official plan until 2 weeks from now.

Maths - Since revising for the Mocks I have progressively got better at C3 and I would really hope to get somewhere between 58-66 (My average Scores), and for C4 I have not really been doing past paper questions but I have slowly been working through the questions in the textbook. I have also recently discovered "Solomon Papers", which are said to be very effective for revising C3, so it is definitely worth a look.

Computer Science - Before the start of the Christmas Holidays our Computer Science Teacher left, so we now have the Head of Sixth Form teaching us and so far he seems quite organised. He gave the class a large list of possible topics that he will choose from to be in our papers, so I have been revising that almost religiously. However we are not yet ready to do the coding part of the exam - Definitely not my strong point.

Geography - For the GEOG3 Mock Examination, we will only do the World Cities questions from the first section of the paper. We are not being tested on those 35 Mark questions *Sigh of relief* I am definitely not ready to answer them yet, I'm still quite unsure about how to even structure an answer for them yet, so I will wait until we cover it in lesson. I am feeling quietly confident for my Geography Mock but I still need to keep revising and tomorrow I need to start doing past paper questions to get my exam technique on point, as it was the sole reason I did so bad in GEOG1.

Mock Dates

C3 | JANUARY 5TH
    C4 (FIRST 4 CHAPTERS)| JANUARY 9TH

COMPUTER SCIENCE PAPER 1| JANUARY 5TH
    COMPUTER SCIENCE PAPER 2| JANUARY 12TH

GEOGRAPHY (GEOG 3)| JANUARY 6TH

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I see you're doing Maths and Geography! I did an AS in both and am taking Maths to A2 so if you wish to trade revision notes I'm game for that Quite high offers but I'm sure you'll get there and leave your mark! Let me know how it goes anyway. My blog is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4482612 if you want to take a look at any of my stuff. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhansongal98)
    Hiya, I see you're doing Maths and Geography! I did an AS in both and am taking Maths to A2 so if you wish to trade revision notes I'm game for that Quite high offers but I'm sure you'll get there and leave your mark! Let me know how it goes anyway. My blog is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4482612 if you want to take a look at any of my stuff. Good luck!
    Thanks, I'll have a look! Yh I do think my offers are high as well haha. Unfortunately, I gathered from a talk I had with the head of economics at a university, that Economics is a very competitive course, that to get those top jobs in economics it's almost essential to study at an established university. It's annoying but hopefully it will push me to get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPDC99)
    Thanks, I'll have a look! Yh I do think my offers are high as well haha. Unfortunately, I gathered from a talk I had with the head of economics at a university, that Economics is a very competitive course, that to get those top jobs in economics it's almost essential to study at an established university. It's annoying but hopefully it will push me to get there, but you never know! It's all part of the life I suppose.
    So what were your overall grades for each subject? And I understand that but I don't like the snobbery of it all. Surely if you come out with a degree does it matter what uni you attended? I mean I went to a grammar school and they were very snobby about their "status" and basically said I wouldn't have a chance at getting into uni if I went to the college I'm at now for sixth form but I feel the most supported and am much less stressed out than I was at the grammar !! It sucks a lot is what I'm trying to say and I hope that the unis you've applied for will be supportive and high achieving have you been to many open days? How do they seem? Good atmosphere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhansongal98)
    So what were your overall grades for each subject? And I understand that but I don't like the snobbery of it all. Surely if you come out with a degree does it matter what uni you attended? I mean I went to a grammar school and they were very snobby about their "status" and basically said I wouldn't have a chance at getting into uni if I went to the college I'm at now for sixth form but I feel the most supported and am much less stressed out than I was at the grammar !! It sucks a lot is what I'm trying to say and I hope that the unis you've applied for will be supportive and high achieving have you been to many open days? How do they seem? Good atmosphere?
    Hi, I completely agree , I am not at a grammar school and tbh I really like my school its atmosphere and support. It was a very important factor when I went to open days, and I would definitely feel out of my depth if I was constantly feeling pressured and stressed about "living up to their status". I had a chat with some students and they put me at ease. At the same time I think it's quite important for Economics, as prestigious universities can open many doors. Thanks for posting btw, very good questions

ReputationRep:
    DAY 2

Today I attempted to only do exam questions so that I refine my exam technique. It went quite well until I remembered that I had to learn a Geography case study about Notting Hill and Re-Urbanisation. I had been putting it off for the last few days :bigsmile:.

Maths - I did another C3 paper, just to keep it all in there. I managed to do reasonably well with 64/75, but I keep tripping up on the same type of questions. I keep revising them but they never stick, so I have to make sure they're in my memory for Thursday. I am thinking of creating a section in my initial post dedicated to Maths papers, just to track my progress/results on them as I have been going through papers in chronological order, and I want to see my scores and whether I'm improving or stagnating

Computer Science - I covered some questions to do with Intractable problems, Order of Complexity and Finite State Machines. I was happy with my answers by the end but I wish there were more exam papers, because it can be a real pain without mark schemes to find answers. All in all, good.

Geography - I completed questions based on Re-Urbanisation and Gentrification today. It was quite useful as I managed to learn a case study while I was answering the questions, so that felt like hitting 2 birds with 1 stone. However I need to finalize my knowledge on the processes of Re-Urbanisation, as I mixed them up with the process of investment involved in Re-Urbanisation, and it is more to do with movement of people initially rather than capital and equity.

Last Word: - Giroud's scorpion kick :shock: , Great Goal!
    - Back to Sixth Form tomorrow, sad that holidays are over but always good to get back into a routine.
    - I will soon post a revision plan for the week ahead.

JPDC99

ReputationRep:
    Plan for January 2ND - 8TH

Attachment 607868

ReputationRep:
    DAY 3

I did not completely stick to my plan today as I did 2 C3 papers whilst still at school and by the time I got home I decided to only do some Geography, so that I can completely devote my time tomorrow to my most closest Mocks - C3 Maths, and Paper 1 of Computer Science.

Maths - Today I completed 2 C3 past papers, I got a B in one which I found quite difficult, and I haven't marked the second but I felt pretty good about it. I also found out that we don't actually have a C4 Mock examination, so I don't need to worry about it as much for the duration of exams, and is why I did not do any practice for it today. I am still planning on doing some hardcore revision for it over the weekend.

Computer Science - I practically did none today as I instead focused my attention on some Geography I felt stressed about. Tomorrow however, I will be doing more questions from the AQA textbook and complete some final notes of the topic detail to analyse and learn for the rest of the day.

Geography - As I have mentioned above I redirected all my time after school to focus and learn "Retailing and the Decentralisation of Other Services" of the spec including the causes and effects of Decentralisation and the characteristics of Out-Of-Town Shopping centers which has brought me up to now. From this point on I will not do any Geography until Thursday afternoon for my exam the next day.

Last Word: - Need to lock down some last little issues in C3
    - Need to lock down Computer Science

JPDC99

ReputationRep:
    Name:  JPDC99.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  160.2 KB

HAPPY NEW YEAR! - MAY 2017 BE A GREAT YEAR

Hi,

I am creating this new discussion in order to track my progress to academic excellence in life. I am an average but somewhat intelligent student who wants to achieve a lot in my future career and leave a legacy on Earth. For my AS-Levels, I took AS-Maths, AS-Computer Science (but for some reason the school did not enter my class for the AS Examination), and AS Geography. I am currently halfway through my A2 year and still striving to achieve my aspirations.

I am also doing an EPQ which will need a lot of attention now that it's January, especially when I have done very little for it at this moment in time (I definitely should have planned it better lol). So far I have collected all my resources and have begun to analyse them, but I think now that I have finished my Deputy Head Boy duties for the year-long term, I will have more free time at my disposal. If you have any words of advice about how to achieve a good grade in Extended Projects or any advice about the matter I would be very happy to hear it. Thanks

I submitted my UCAS application on November 16th, and have received responses from all of them - Offers listed below. I wish to go on to study Economics or Financial Economics at University.

Posts - Min 1/Week

Good Reads - "How To Ace Your A-Levels" by A.Raja and M.Karia - Great book about study technique and how to achieve exceptional grades.

Template Credit - @Someboady - He inspired me to make this discussion and I would thoroughly recommend a look at his thread - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4323766

AS-Level Results - (This will constantly fuel my motivation)

Maths

C1 | Grade - B | Raw Mark: *
    C2| Grade - E| Raw Mark: *
    S1| Grade - C| Raw Mark: *

Geography

GEOG 1| Grade - D| Raw Mark: 47| (I honestly thought I was going to get an A)
    GEOG 2| Grade - B| Raw Mark: *

January 2017 Mock Dates

C3 | JANUARY 5TH | Grade -| Mark -
    C4 (FIRST 4 CHAPTERS) | JANUARY 9TH| Grade -| Mark -

COMPUTER SCIENCE PAPER 1 | JANUARY 5TH| Grade -| Mark -
    COMPUTER SCIENCE PAPER 2 | JANUARY 12TH| Grade -| Mark -

GEOGRAPHY (GEOG 3) | JANUARY 6TH| Grade -| Mark -

A-Level Examinations in MAY-JUNE 2017

Maths (Edexcel)

C3| Date - TUESDAY 20TH JUNE
    C4| Date - FRIDAY 23RD JUNE
    S2| Date - MONDAY 26TH JUNE
    C1 (Retake)| Date - WEDNESDAY 17TH MAY
    C2 (Retake)| Date - WEDNESDAY 24TH MAY

Computer Science (AQA)

Computer Science Paper 1 | Date - MONDAY 5TH JUNE
    Computer Science Paper 2| Date - THURSDAY 22ND JUNE

Geography (AQA)

GEOG 3| Date - MONDAY 5TH JUNE
    GEOG 4A| Date - FRIDAY 9TH JUNE
    GEOG 1 (Retake)| Date - TUESDAY 16TH MAY

UCAS Application Responses

UCAS Application Status: SENT + RECEIVED 4/5 OFFERS
    Predicted Grades: ABB

Responses:

1 - King's College London - Political Economy| REJECTED - PREDICTED GRADES TOO LOW| Requirements - AAA
    2 - City University London - Financial Economics| OFFER - CONDITIONAL| Requirements - AAB or ABB + EPQ
    3 - University of Reading - Economics | OFFER -CONDITIONAL| Requirements - AAB or ABB If Firm Choice
    4 - University of Greenwich - Economics| OFFER - CONDITIONAL| Requirements - 120 UCAS POINTS
    5 - Kingston University - Economics| OFFER - CONDITIONAL| Requirements - 112 UCAS POINTS + EPQ

Have until May the 4th to decide Firm and Insurance Choices.

A-Level Targets

Maths| Personal Target - A| Content Target - B
    Geography | Personal Target - A| Content Target - B
    Computer Science | Personal Target - A | Content Target - B
    EPQ | Personal Target - A| Content Target - B

Life Targets

Achieve AAA at A-Level
    London University
    Achieve First-Class Honors Degree
    Career in Investment Banking or HM Treasury (Government)
    Work in both London and New York City

Interests

STAR WARS
    Video Gaming (Xbox One)
    Politics
    Foreign Relations
    Economics
    Current World Affairs
    Guitar
    Football - Arsenal :arsenal:
    Technology

Last Word:

If you have been committed to read this far down, I say thanks . I am very open to discussion and advice from anywhere in the community, whether it is constructive criticism or banter.

JPDC99

* = Will add later
    I see you like xbone games, what are your favourites, now, and of all time, and have you completed any??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    I see you like xbone games, what are your favourites, now, and of all time, and have you completed any??
    Hi,

I'm a fan of many different games, I enjoy FIFA, Forza (Horizon Games - I got bored of Motorsport after number 5), Halo, ESO, Skyrim, GTA, and Fallout 4. But my favorite at the moment has to be Star Wars Battlefront, I have almost completed it for now (I'm at level 95/100), and although there isn't much content (At Launch), what is there has great quality. I also recently bought the Season Pass at a heavily discounted price, all the DLC maps are pretty good, shame it wasn't in the base game. Favourite of all time is either: Star Wars Battlefront, Forza Horizon (Original), or FIFA 14. Haven't really been playing much atm due to studying. What type of games do you like?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a fan of many different games, I enjoy FIFA, Forza (Horizon Games - I got bored of Motorsport after number 5), Halo, ESO, Skyrim, GTA, and Fallout 4. But my favorite at the moment has to be Star Wars Battlefront, I have almost completed it for now (I'm at level 95/100), and although there isn't much content (At Launch), what is there has great quality. I also recently bought the Season Pass at a heavily discounted price, all the DLC maps are pretty good, shame it wasn't in the base game. Favourite of all time is either: Star Wars Battlefront, Forza Horizon (Original), or FIFA 14. Haven't really been playing much atm due to studying. What type of games do you like?
    I've completed grand theft auto 5, and got to about level 30 online, but then it reset, so i got to about level 30 again then sold it. too many trolls. fun whilst it lasted, but you know enough is enough.

i completed forza horizon 2, another great game, then my wife got my forza h 3, for xmas, and lost it. then she gave me the money to buy another.

i also have fifa 15, and can play it on medium, but struggle to get goals in, or easy, where i r*pe it, excuse the language. But it is like i am ronaldo, even with crappy players. one of my mates, really likes his football in real life, so i talk to him about it.

i also completed skyrim, another great game, with the civil war quest line.

We also completed lego marvel heroes, that was fun.

I have also completed some of the earlier dynasty warrior games for the 360, and also sleeping dogs and some of the cods.

I still own the witcher 3, final fantasy 15, fallout 4 (i think i am level 40 on it now), and lego jurassic park, all of which i hope to play, and even complete at some point, but just haven't got round to it yet. except for fallout 4, which i have got about half way through i think.

I also want to get xcom 2, because i played and completed xcom 1, and the original xcom on the pc, great games every one.... thanks......

ReputationRep:
    DAY 4

Exams Tomorrow - Maths C3, Computer Science Paper 1

Today I had no lessons so I was able to stay at home and get in a good revision session. Instead of doing any geography, I focused my entire efforts on Maths and Computer Science but mainly Computer Science.

Maths - I have only done 1 C3 paper in preparation for tomorrow and I got and A with 65/75, I think this may be my highest score yet! I still don't want to feel overconfident so I'm most likely going to attempt another paper this evening at some point. I really want an A in this Mock so desperately, and I feel I am at my best in C3 at this moment, so I will be very disappointed with anything less. (TARGET = 64/75)

Computer Science - I have just finished covering Finite State Machines (Again), some BNF, and some questions from Graphs and Trees. At break time tomorrow I will be in the Study Suite going over my notes just before the exam. I really want at least a B in this, but I am not too sure as I still find some topics a bit sketchy. (TARGET = 70-75%)

Geography - Nothing today but still feeling good about it. I will definitely get a lot done tomorrow afternoon though. I will finish going over my case study about redevelopment in Urban inner-city districts, then move on to my final layer about transport and waste management, which I find reasonably ok. After that I will revisit the AQA website and complete some more questions. I will think about my target tomorrow after I have completed this revision.

Last Word: - Hope Sanchez signs a contract soon, he seems quite angry after each game now
    - T minus 16 hours till first mock of 2017

JPDC99

ReputationRep:
    DAY 6

Hello, as you might have seen I did not post yesterday, this was as I was furiously trying to answer some geography questions. But I will now further explain how my mocks have gone, I have taken 3 and only have 1 left now!

Maths - C3: I felt like it went great tbh, I answered all the questions and only had trouble on one or two parts in an early question, and the very last part of the last question, which I felt is was so close to solving, but I just couldn't break it down so I imagine I only got 1 or 2 marks for that part. After the exam I quickly checked the mark scheme for the paper, and it looked like I got the ones I felt good about right, and the ones I felt bad about wrong. Therefore by my calculations I think I have either just reached my target of 65 or just missed it by 1 or 2 marks.

Computer Science - I was very skeptical about this exams as I was unsure about the type of questions we would get. Luckily they were all very low mark questions and I fell like I got around my target of 70-75% for the whole paper. The hardest part was the coding (obviously) but I think I came close or did indeed completely do what it required of me.

Geography - This one I feel did not go completely as well as the previous two. As I mentioned, there were 3 different question we had to answer, the first question I answered was about the success of a waste management strategy, and I feel I either got very close to full marks, so I am very pleased about it. The second one I felt like I answered well until I realised after the exam that instead of speaking about the characteristics of waste management strategies in general, I spoke about a case study, and I am literally kicking myself. It was such an easy question and I know the details for it so well, but I just completely went of on a tangent about Curitiba! The final question was tough and I was running out of time so I'm not going to expect much on it. My prediction for my score as a result is only 12-14/25 which is between 48-56% which is tragic. I will definitely not be making this mistake again.

Last Word: Although I am really annoyed about my geography, it will always make me think at least 3 or 4 times about the question before I answer it, and both CompSci and Maths went reasonably well. I will be quick to notify this page on my grades when I get them.
    I am now off to enjoy a night of gaming - I will get to level 100 on battlefront.

JPDC99

ReputationRep:
    DAY 6

Hello, as you might have seen I did not post yesterday, this was as I was furiously trying to answer some geography questions. But I will now further explain how my mocks have gone, I have taken 3 and only have 1 left now!

Maths - C3: I felt like it went great tbh, I answered all the questions and only had trouble on one or two parts in an early question, and the very last part of the last question, which I felt is was so close to solving, but I just couldn't break it down so I imagine I only got 1 or 2 marks for that part. After the exam I quickly checked the mark scheme for the paper, and it looked like I got the ones I felt good about right, and the ones I felt bad about wrong. Therefore by my calculations I think I have either just reached my target of 65 or just missed it by 1 or 2 marks.

Computer Science - I was very skeptical about this exams as I was unsure about the type of questions we would get. Luckily they were all very low mark questions and I fell like I got around my target of 70-75% for the whole paper. The hardest part was the coding (obviously) but I think I came close or did indeed completely do what it required of me.

Geography - This one I feel did not go completely as well as the previous two. As I mentioned, there were 3 different question we had to answer, the first question I answered was about the success of a waste management strategy, and I feel I either got very close to full marks, so I am very pleased about it. The second one I felt like I answered well until I realised after the exam that instead of speaking about the characteristics of waste management strategies in general, I spoke about a case study, and I am literally kicking myself. It was such an easy question and I know the details for it so well, but I just completely went of on a tangent about Curitiba! The final question was tough and I was running out of time so I'm not going to expect much on it. My prediction for my score as a result is only 12-14/25 which is between 48-56% which is tragic. I will definitely not be making this mistake again.

Last Word: Although I am really annoyed about my geography, it will always make me think at least 3 or 4 times about the question before I answer it, and both CompSci and Maths went reasonably well. I will be quick to notify this page on my grades when I get them.
    I am now off to enjoy a night of gaming - I will get to level 100 on battlefront.

JPDC99
    sorry if i haven't been commenting on your academic pedigree, i've done that and got the t shirt, i'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    DAY 8

Over the weekend I have only revised for my Computer Science Paper 2 Mock. It is on Tuesday, and once that is over I will make a Plan General, for the rest of the Academic Year.

Computer Science - In preparation for my mock I have been making overview detail sheets based on the topics I will be tested on. It's been going quite well but I am not overall optimistic about this test since I feel I should have revised this for a longer period of time since it is the bigger exam. Either way I just have to crack on now.

JPDC99

ReputationRep:
    DAY 9

This evening I have only focused on Computer Science and trying to learn some last few things, I also received my grade for maths C3 Mock (details below).

Maths - C3 - I got an A*! I am incredibly happy with my Maths mock result. It is my first ever A* (excluding an RE GCSE paper). My calculation of 65 Marks must have been too strict as I got 70! I honestly did not think I would get close to 70 at all, but I managed to get a question I had thought I have done completely wrong, almost completely right.

Computer Science - Again an evening spent in preparation for the Mock. I have really just been trying to cover all my bases, and learn the hard bits. All I know about the test is that it will be a series of low mark questions. My target is 70% but most likely around 60-65%.

Last Word: Tomorrow is my last mock!
    After school and wednesday I will be making a large scale plan

JPDC99

ReputationRep:
    DAY 11

Having completed my final mock, I gave myself some time to relax. The mock itself went reasonably well, apart from databases questions, which I was told before Christmas, it would not be in the paper. Unfortunately it was and I was unable to answer them. However the rest of the paper went smoothly.

Today I sat down for a few hours and made a master-plan for my revision until exams. I feel a lot less pressured about them now as a result. I will be back at school tomorrow and back to learning the rest of the modules.

JPDC99

ReputationRep:
    DAY 22

Sorry about the lack of posts of the past week, I gave myself a few days off, and have slowly been easing back into revision.

In summary I got my Geography result back, and even though I messed up on an 8 mark question, on a topic which I had learnt so well, I still managed to achieve a satisfactory 15/25 60% giving me a B (Just). However I have still not received my Computer Science Result back yet, but I am not that worried about it.

I am now trying to get back into full swing with regards to studying, It's important that I don't get into a cycle of relaxation.
    I will probably write here again today to sum up may day and hopefully divulge into my new plan.

JPDC99

ReputationRep:
    DAY 25

Today I decided to go into school (I never have any lessons on a Wednesday), to make sure that I got a large chunk of studying under my belt. Furthermore I received my Computer Science Grade and I think I got a B overall. I say "I think" because my teacher said that I definitely got a B on Paper 1, and that he hasn't completely narrowed down the grade boundaries for Paper 2 but he did say it would be a low B or a high C. Since I don't know how high my B was in Paper 1 I can't officially say that I have a B overall, however all should be resolved by tomorrow.

Since my Mocks had finished, I have never felt that my revision was productive, and that every revision I did for any of my subjects felt almost half-hearted. Therefore I forced myself to stay in the VI Form Study Suite for the whole school day. This turned out to be very productive as I managed to analyse and study a good 4/5 points of the CompSci Specification, and then complete a few sub-sections from vectors in C4. That's another thing, we have officially completed all of the Maths Modules so in class I can now just almost do my own revision and use the teacher if stuck.

JPDC99

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.