saraaax
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I've applied for digital marketing and marketing communications/advertising but I'm unsure as to which course to pick I've got offers from all my chosen university's
Does any study digital marketing & what is it like?
j.sturdy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by saraaax)
Hi I've applied for digital marketing and marketing communications/advertising but I'm unsure as to which course to pick I've got offers from all my chosen university's
Hi there,
I'm a first year Marketing Student at Bournemouth University but I have touched on marketing communications, advertising and digital marketing through my units. I think if you study digital marketing it will be very specific to doing marketing online where as marketing communications and advertising will probably offer a broader spectrum of diversity in the field.
I hope this was helpful!
- Jess
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Digital marketing is the future and most companies and even agencies are desperate for people who are know how to best apply them. After saying that, it is also good to have a solid foundation in communications and advertising too. I believe the digital marketing course will also cover those subject areas as they are foundational to the application of digital marketing.
mollyanne98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Hi,

I’m a first year studying Marketing (PR and Advertising) at the University of Derby. My friends and I were discussing digital marketing courses with one of our tutors as we do almost all of our course using digital methods. Our tutor told us that soon digital marketing course will likely just become straight marketing courses as the entire marketing industry is becoming digital, not just a particular sector. With any marketing course you will be working using digital channels so you need to look beyond that to find the course that’s right for you.

On my course, we have used social media, augmented reality, photoshop etc. which can all be considered forms of digital marketing. Look into the course modules for each one as you may find that marketing communications contains plenty of digital elements for future employers but may be more specific to your career ambition.

Hope this helps,

Molly
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mollyanne98)
Hi,

I’m a first year studying Marketing (PR and Advertising) at the University of Derby. My friends and I were discussing digital marketing courses with one of our tutors as we do almost all of our course using digital methods. Our tutor told us that soon digital marketing course will likely just become straight marketing courses as the entire marketing industry is becoming digital, not just a particular sector. With any marketing course you will be working using digital channels so you need to look beyond that to find the course that’s right for you.

On my course, we have used social media, augmented reality, photoshop etc. which can all be considered forms of digital marketing. Look into the course modules for each one as you may find that marketing communications contains plenty of digital elements for future employers but may be more specific to your career ambition.

Hope this helps,

Molly
Well put. And, whilst there are many who are skilled with traditional marketing, there is sharp shortage of digital marketers and would remain so since the older guys will find it difficult to catch up with the new technologies. So, go digital .... the saying is "digitalize or die".
saraaax
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by mollyanne98)
Hi,

Hope this helps,

Molly
Thankyou for that! I didn't think of that before. I defo will have a closer look at the modules for marketing communications!
mollyanne98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thankyou for that! I didn't think of that before. I defo will have a closer look at the modules for marketing communications!

No problem! I’d also recommend going to university open days to speak to the lecturers as they know their courses better than anyone and will be able to point you in the right direction.

Molly
Pro11pse
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Studying at the University is expensive, only 10 years later you will recoup your expenses. Online courses are certainly cheaper. But if you have a single project for yourself, it is much cheaper just to pay for advertising. For example, Mangomatter, for less than $500 they make advertising promotion to an audience of more than 65,000 people. if you start doing it yourself, without the initial distribution base, you won't be able to make much progress, let alone spend time learning. But if this is your main post, then you can study for a long time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads