Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I missed a grade 7 in French B SL by 3 marks.

I scored 27/30 in oral.
    I scored 30/40 in Reading Paper
    I scored 27/30 in writing.

87% is required for a 7. Should I have a re-mark? Will they moderate everything.

I got 29 in E.E; I think you need 30 for an A. Should I have a re-mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMoore)
    Hi, I missed a grade 7 in French B SL by 3 marks.

I scored 27/30 in oral.
    I scored 30/40 in Reading Paper
    I scored 27/30 in writing.

87% is required for a 7. Should I have a re-mark? Will they moderate everything.

I got 29 in E.E; I think you need 30 for an A. Should I have a re-mark?
    wow....thats just round the corner!!!!

umm....I guess you should send it and it is only if you think that you have got a chance on a 7 and an A. Otherwise, if it is fine, you can leave it! And dont forget the $85+$85=$170...

ANd yeah, 30 is an A.....and they wont remark the internals(= oral).....they wont check that.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you missed a 7 by 3 marks? I know that for the comprehension you require a 33/40 for a 7, but for an overall 7 I believe you require only 85/100...am I mistaken? (I'm looking at May 2007 boundaries). You can doublecheck this, but if this is the case then you are only 1 mark away from a 7 overall, which I think may definitely be worth getting remarked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowday)
    Are you sure you missed a 7 by 3 marks? I know that for the comprehension you require a 33/40 for a 7, but for an overall 7 I believe you require only 85/100...am I mistaken? (I'm looking at May 2007 boundaries). You can doublecheck this, but if this is the case then you are only 1 mark away from a 7 overall, which I think may definitely be worth getting remarked.
    well, I thought the same as you and then realised that 85 is for abinitio and he has taken lang. B....or is it the same for lang B? I am not sure

ReputationRep:
    Erm, well I was basing my judgement on the grade boundaries put up on the Sevenoaks school website ( I don't actually go to that school though). This is the link http://www.sevenoaksschool.org/news_...Boundaries.PDF

For French, it says 27/30, 33/40 and 27/30 required for a 7. Therefore, 87/100.

I think it's probably worth having it remarked. I don't need to do it but I was kind of expecting a 7 and i worked very hard for it.

With economics, my teacher had given the E.E 31 so it was marked down by 2.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sure, go for it
    All the best

ReputationRep:
    yup. then you should go for it I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMoore)

For French, it says 27/30, 33/40 and 27/30 required for a 7. Therefore, 87/100.
    I understand that 27+27+33 = 87, but you do not require a 7 on each paper in order to receive a 7 overall. You cannot simply add up the 3 different requirements for a 7 to find the overall mark required for a 7. I am almost certain it is 85/100 (still trying to find the link where I saw this), and therefore I would go for the remark (because you would only be one mark off).

EDIT:

(Original post by *Mike*)

The grade boundaries given to us with out breakdown by our school:

http://rapidshare.com/files/44020475...Boundaries.doc
    Found the link, the overall 7 for french is 85/100, so definitely go for it

ReputationRep:
    isn't it too late?

ReputationRep:
    OK having seen that, I will definitely apply for a remark. Having said that, I really don't understand why the boundary for a 7 isn't 87 - that just seems logical! It's not too late, I have until mid-September at the latest.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.