The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Starfab's 30 day Mindfulness Challenge

Fab! I too finally decided to take part in this challenge. New year, fresh start and all. Why not start it on a positive note?

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Great to see you starting your own blog! Subscribing :yep:
1ST JAN 2017
What I'm grateful for today: The new year- a brand new calendar :biggrin:
A random act of kindness I've done: Played games with a kid :bebored:
A random act of kindness someone has done for me: Kid gave me his sweet :yum:
Things I did well: Been positive :banana:
Something I could improve on: Waking up early -sleeping pattern :yawn:
What I've achieved today: A relaxing day :yep:
What I've done to look after my mental health: Cut contact with some toxic people :aetsch:
Something I have to look forward to: Journal type thing tonight :blah:
Something that made me smile: my adorable little (sort of) baby nephew :love:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Great to see you starting your own blog! Subscribing :yep:

Thank you :colondollar:
Nice first post! Well done you on cutting out toxic people. I really need to learn how to do that. Any pointers? :colondollar:
Nice first post! Well done you on cutting out toxic people. I really need to learn how to do that. Any pointers? :colondollar:

Been planning it for a while. Really mental power. Knowing and realising how they affect you and hold you back from improving.
Slowly less contact and creating distance and separation. Didn't engage with them, showed disinterest and occupied self with different activies.
Then moved on to Block on any social media etc.
Did have to say bye to quite a few mutual friends otherwise wouldn't have been much point for me.
Drat, can't rep you again :frown: Thanks for typing that out, it's quite helpful to see things like that written out in black and white, if you get what I mean :redface: Sorry you've had to say goodbye to mutual friends etc :frown:
Drat, can't rep you again :frown: Thanks for typing that out, it's quite helpful to see things like that written out in black and white, if you get what I mean :redface: Sorry you've had to say goodbye to mutual friends etc :frown:

No problem. It's not about the reps anyway. Though i get the annoyance when you want to rep someone and can't. Tried to rep you :frown:
Yeah. I get what you mean.
Me too. Fewer friends but better off that way :smile:

Thank you :colondollar:
2ND JAN 2017
What I'm grateful for today: Wore a gown someone got for me -grateful for such a thoughtful gift :present:
A random act of kindness I've done: The chapattis for people I don't know :goofy:
A random act of kindness someone has done for me: Listened :listen:
Things I did well: Took advice :music:
Something I could improve on: Fresh air that involves going out the house-not just sticking head out the window for 10 minutes :snowman2:
What I've achieved today: Rough idea of what to do :idea:
What I've done to look after my mental health: Wrote on my worry doc :pcguru:
Something I have to look forward to: Going for a walk tomorrow -provided I wake up early:dancing2:
Something that made me smile: A kid’s voice message about missing my family:trytofly:
Sounds like a good day for you :smile: Though I'm more a paratha person than chapattis :ninja:
Sounds like a good day for you :smile: Though I'm more a paratha person than chapattis :ninja:

Had its downs but not focusing on them -hence the worry doc

No clue how to make parathas :dontknow: just buy them frozen :tongue:
Need chapattis to survive -what else can I eat with Indian curries :question: don't say rice, don't say rice :lol:
Subscribing! :h:
It's so great to cut toxic people out of your life! I did that over the course of last year and now I feel so free :biggrin:
Worry doc is a very good idea. Maybe I should start something similar...

Oh gosh, I don't MAKE parathas! Making them would be serious effort, I imagine :headfire: I used to buy them frozen too! (Used to because they're now banned from our household for being too unhealthy :cry: )

I don't like rice either tbh :nope: I quite like pol rotti (coconut rotti. I'm Sri Lankan) - you could try that? Not sure how much effort that is to make though. My cooking skills are seriously lacking :sad:
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Subscribing! :h:
It's so great to cut toxic people out of your life! I did that over the course of last year and now I feel so free :biggrin:

Congrats -i know it takes effort at first so that's great to hear. Same :five: its so freeing
Worry doc is a very good idea. Maybe I should start something similar...

Oh gosh, I don't MAKE parathas! Making them would be serious effort, I imagine :headfire: I used to buy them frozen too! (Used to because they're now banned from our household for being too unhealthy :cry: )

I don't like rice either tbh :nope: I quite like pol rotti (coconut rotti. I'm Sri Lankan) - you could try that? Not sure how much effort that is to make though. My cooking skills are seriously lacking :sad:

Its worth a try. Just don't read the worries after and don't bother about it making sense. That's what I do anyway.

Agreed. They are seriously unhealthy. Something to be had sparingly.

Coconut roti? Sounds cool. I'm Indian. I think any type of roti takes effort at first :biggrin:
Yeah, they def weren't had sparingly when I was at uni :getmecoat: Hence why they're now banned from the household (I lived away for uni) :colondollar:

Roti probs is mega-effort. I prefer to just eat it without making it :ahee:

Spoiler

Yeah, they def weren't had sparingly when I was at uni :getmecoat: Hence why they're now banned from the household (I lived away for uni) :colondollar:

Roti probs is mega-effort. I prefer to just eat it without making it :ahee:

Spoiler

:rofl: everyone goes through the eating unhealthy stage -
*many people :colondollar:

It's not too much effort when you've made it a habit -for me though it's comparable to learning to drive :biggrin: I'm slow learner
So who makes it for you Or is it not a necessity with the foods you eat...?

Spoiler

Latest