BGP asks for a student information card, what is that, and where do i get it? Watch

..::Allure::..
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I just got my contract, but as I was reading through it, there were a couple of things that got me a bit confused.

It asked for two passport photos along with my completed student information card. What is that? Where do I get it?
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's a small blue piece of card, with a space to put your photo and fill in your details. It should have come with your pack...
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what yin said.
Rep:
?
Umm....

Hmm... alright I never got such a card. What now? Should I just call them?

What kind of information does the card require?
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well looking at my photocopy of the card I sent off, the information that the card required are:
-Name
-Course
-Phone Number
-Email Address
-D.O.B
-Student I.D.
-Home Address
-Post Code
-Emergency Contact Name
-Emergency Contact Number
-Information on any medical conditions.

I suggest you call the University or Broadgate Park themselves. Alternatively, you could sent an email...
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
call up broadgate and ask them to send you one.
Rep:
?
LOL BGP must be so sick and tired of my by now haha. I keep calling them and sending emails, but hey its not my fault if there is a mess up.

Ill call again

One more thing guys, it says that the first payment should be done before the 22nd of september on the bank form, but on the offer letter it says before or on the 22nd. So help me understand, would it be possible for me to pay on the 22nd, it is a move in date isn't it? Or am I better off paying ahead of time? If I travel to nottingham on the 21st, do you know whether or not they will be open for me to go to and just pay personally?
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
it's better to pay before really. and get a receipt or confirmation of payment of any sort.
they are always open,just go to the reception.

aren't you coming for the international week? in which case,when you've got some free time just go over to bgp and pay.

bgp are screw-ups, big time. they never get anything right :mad: i'm quite tempted to call them up and argue over my room application and why they didn't get my application till feb when i applied early december and now i'm stuck with a room i didn't want. grr. in fact i might just do that.
Rep:
?
When is international week?

Info are getting me so slowly it is pathetic honestly. I mean i ended up doing things on my own, based on what I read here on the forum, other places and so forth, and THEEEEEN I got all my letters saying stuff like welcome, now its time for you to do so and so... and guess what, I got them past the deadline dates!!!

So yeah, Im sorta lost right now as to what is going on.

If I didnt call up BGP then my accommodation would still be a mess and I applied more than 2 months ago. After I called them, I got sent my contract the next day.

Now I have the student information card issue... sigh...

I don't know when registration is for my course is either. Plus from what I read, everyone gets told when to move in, is that right? I'm not sure when I am supposed to move in.

So im just planning on traveling a few days ahead of the 24th, stay in a hotel, go down to BGP, pay, and ask them when do I move in lol.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well i'm guessing you're an international student from all out conversations in which case you should email the international office.normally they organise a week of activities with a free pick up from the airport to the uni and they show you around etc so you get used to everything. international week is a week before freshers week starts, so from the 17th to the 22nd,which would be when you'd move into broadgate. you have to hurry up and sign up so that you get the free airport pick up. registration for your course happens during freshers week, you'll either get sent an email/letter telling you when you're supposed to register. contact the adminstration office, the international office and broadgate and ask them to dhl all the necessary documents as you're abroad and the postal system is slow (tell them that,if not you won't get the stuff till after you're at uni at this rate).
Rep:
?
Does the free airport pickup include a family member coming along with me?
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yup
Rep:
?
Ill check it out thank you!!!
Hashem
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
actually not
it only includes you family members and friends can come along but it cost 20
you are also allowed only one bag and one handbag, if you have more you have to pay another 20

i got this info from the website a long time ago when i applied so it would cost you 40 for the extra bags and your family member seeing that your probably gonna have more than 1 bag

so no it does not include however it does include accommodation from the 18th till the 22nd on cripps hall with breakfast available. since its not going to be your term time room they will provide the bedding duvet pillows etc so you can unwrap your things brand new when you get to your term time room so thats an upside
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if i remember one more family memeber/friend can come along. they might have to pay the £20 but i can't remember. and don't believe the £20/excess luggage thing.you'll be ok with two bags and a piece of hand luggage.
Rep:
?
Going back to the topic of student info cards, they said that you can pick it up when you get there... so ya hehe.. that saves a lot of trouble!
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
they're very inefficient. :rolleyes:
Rep:
?
LOL i know! I seriously giggled when she said that.. lol ..

But still they require everything else to be sent so ya, I hope this doesn't get my papers all mixed up again, as it was for over a month.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
dhl them?
shame you're not getting to uni even earlier,or you could have handed yours in person.that's what i did. mine arrived the same day that my offer would have been drawn i.e. they said they'd re-draw my room offer if i hadn't replied by a certain date, the certain date just stupidly happened to be the day the letter arrived. called them up and they said it was alright etc etc. but i don't believe them,so i went the same day and handed it in.
Rep:
?
Yeah, I was going to DHL them at first, but I did sign up for the international progam, so hopefully if I get a spot there, I won't have to. Still they require at least a fax of my contract ahead of time so that they know I want the spot. I figured if I gave it to them in person it would be a lot safer and I can pay for my accommodation.

I wonder if the chances of me still getting a spot in the program and the coach is high. I really could use something like that. Sigh, Ill just have to wait and see.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 30 Oct '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.52%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
22.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.86%

Watched Threads