helenXxX
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
i am thinking of taking politics this year....
what is the workload like and how interesting is it??

thanks
lizzyb168
Report 12 years ago
i took A level politics and i have to say it is one of those subjects which you can easily get a B or an A in! But u have to take some interest in it, for example, u have to know what is going on in the news all the time.

If u dont like politics at all there is no point in taking this subject. Its interesting but you have to put in the effort, big time!

The workload is ok, u will have a big folder full of stuff but its not nessairly hard. The best thing is when it comes down to the exam, you can just waffle one about what YOU think and u can get a really good grade!

I got a B (shudda been an A) and i found it ok. Im doing to it in september for my degree combined with another subject, so i must like it!
Violent_Begger
Report 12 years ago
Workload is'nt too bad but its boring. Unless your interested in Politics then you'll do alright. Don't know about your exam board but in my one there are no coursworks so all you have to worry about is exams which aren't that hard.
vixky!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I love Politics! As everyone else has said you have to be interested enough in Politics to keep up with current affairs. I imagine that you're not at all interested, you will find it incredibly boring and want to hang yourself by the end of the year!

A must subject for people who enjoy politics though.
helenXxX
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
thanks i am very interested in the subject so it sounds like a good choice
threepiecesuit
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by helenXxX)
thanks i am very interested in the subject so it sounds like a good choice
It is a tremendous choice, after wanting to do an English degree for most of my life, I took Politics to complement my History and Geography AS's and I found it so fascinating I'm now doing it at degree level.

It is a genuinely interesting, relevant and thought-provoking discipline, and one which I think is important to study.

Your reward shall be at the very least vastly increased confidence over a layman in political matters (assuming you put the necessary effort into the course), even more so if you take the full A-level.
mit
Report 12 years ago
Yep, Politics is a good choice. The workload is ok and since you like it, you probably will do well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads