The Student Room Group

Is anyone else doing an OCR ICT exam in January 2017?

I'm doing an OCR ICT exam in January 2017. It's the actual exam but we get to have another go in June and the best grade will count towards the overall grade. We got our pre-releases and the scenarios (1&2) are mainly regarding restaurants. Is anyone else doing this exam, if so how have you revised?
PS: Good luck in any exams you have :-)
Reply 1
Hey. Im doing this exam, its my 3rd try, since im in year 11. Has your teacher given you a mock/ppe exam in preperation for the actual exam? I got given it without the scenario beforehand and i have realised the questions in the mock are very similar to the scenarios for the actual exam. So id just do that paper and any other past papers you can find.
What I suggest (and have done myself) is to go through the scenario and if you a word like "click on their choice" make notes of anything that comes to mind for example, touchscreen or mouse. I suggest going through the scenario almost word by word, its easier to spot topics that come up. I believe that some topics will include editing/creating softwares, portable devices, input devices and law and legalisation (DPA, Copyright, etc.). Thats all i can think of from the top of my head. :smile:
Good luck on your exam. 6 days to go!
Reply 2
Thank you for this. Really helpful! We did a mock which the teacher put together and I think it was based on the scenarios of the actual exam as the topics on the preliminary material were on there. I hope I have revised enough 🙏 Good luck 😉 hopefully it goes well!!
Hey, do you mind sharing the content you've been given ?

Our teacher hasn't received or heard of any preliminary material.

Would be a massive help, appreciate it.
Reply 4
Hey. The case study is available online {http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/341113-unit-r001-pre-release-case-study-january-2017.pdf}
But, ask your teacher if it's the right one.
P.s: good luck 😉
Reply 5
TotalTrigger, I advise you goto the OCR ICT Cambridge nationals website http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/cambridge-nationals-ict-level-1-2-j800-j810-j820/ and download PDF

Quick Reply