The Student Room Group
Reply 1
just_me
:confused: undefinedundefinedundefined

I have to write an essay,
can someone please finish these sentences for me???

In LIGHT microscopy radiation is used to......
In ELECTRON microscopy radiation is used to............

in light microscopy radiation is used to pass through specimen.
in electron microscopy radiation is used to bounce off the specimen so to make it appears brighter (it's sure if it's a scanning electron microscope. If it's a transmission electron microscope, it passes through the specimen.)
this is what I think, hope it helps, check with others :smile:
Reply 2
THANK YOU!!!!!
i had a vague idea but i wasnt sure how accurate i was, sounds about right, and teh stuff bout the transmission and scanning electron microscopes sound right too! thanks!!
one more question, when the radiation passes throught the specimen is it to ''illuminate'' it or what?? is tehre a scientific way of saying that it is to make it so you can see it???
Reply 3
just_me
THANK YOU!!!!!
i had a vague idea but i wasnt sure how accurate i was, sounds about right, and teh stuff bout the transmission and scanning electron microscopes sound right too! thanks!!
one more question, when the radiation passes throught the specimen is it to ''illuminate'' it or what?? is tehre a scientific way of saying that it is to make it so you can see it???

I may be completely wrong but are you talking about tracers? It links in with physics doesn't it? :confused:
just_me
:confused: undefinedundefinedundefined

I have to write an essay,
can someone please finish these sentences for me???

In LIGHT microscopy radiation is used to......
In ELECTRON microscopy radiation is used to............

www.google.co.uk

Latest

Trending

Trending