Dimentia patients memory

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
medicapplicant
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi I'm doing some research for a bio homework, I just wanted to know if anyone knows if dimentia patients (particularly those who recently developed it) can remember care givers (e.g. A volunteer who works at a care home with that specific resident with dementia once a week for a few hors and has been doing it for a year or two)
Thanks 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Marathi
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Dementia and the way it is presented is very personal and individual. I've looked after patients with dementia who remembered who I was day in and day out. As well as those I would have to reintroduce myself to at every interaction.

By the by a good amount of patients with dementia will remember you, especially if it is newly diagnosed. But this can change quickly in some people and not much at all in others.
JayAhm
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Love the way you've asked the question. #NotAtAllSubtle :P

But dementia varies. See below:

https://www.alz.co.uk/info/early-symptoms
medicapplicant
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by JayAhm)
Love the way you've asked the question. #NotAtAllSubtle :P

But dementia varies. See below:

https://www.alz.co.uk/info/early-symptoms
Lol, I was supposed to write up a report and include quotes and examples after i spoke to some volunteers at a care home but forgot to ask them that question.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (2)
50%
No (1)
25%
I didn't use it to prepare (1)
25%

Watched Threads