The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

My Thread for Thoughts and Feelings- Ex-Mindfulness Challenge!

Scroll to see replies

Well done on being up-to-date with work! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well done on being up-to-date with work! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Thank you! :h:

Spoiler

16/01/2017 - Day Sixteen

I am sixteen going on seventeen...

Good evening everyone! And a good evening it has been for me as well :h: It may have been "Blue Monday", aka the most depressing day of the year, but I only had one little dip that was thankfully put right.

What I'm grateful for today: Waking up at 7:30 and being able to just lie in bed for an hour before having to get up and get ready, and even then not having to rush around like an idiot. Honestly my Monday morning free has to be my favourite one, it makes Mondays so much less terrible and gently eases me back into the school week after a weekend. The fact that I got all my work done yesterday so didn't need to do any tonight. The fact that "Blue Monday" wasn't terrible for me (in fact it wasn't even close to terrible). The fact that I'm not exhausted right now and can actually put time into this again instead of having to rush it like I have the past 2 evenings.

A random act of kindness I've done: Ahhh I'm back to this part being the hardest again damnit, I'm being selfish again :colonhash: uhhh, I tried to think of team names for this maths competition thing (but failed), I deliberately took the longest possible route home including sitting on a rock for 10 minutes just so that I could stay on the phone for longer :tongue:

A random act of kindness someone has done for me: *huge removal*

Things I did well: I managed to make neat notes (and I mean actually neat, like they're really pretty for monochrome class notes!) in Further Maths today as we started a new chapter and I wanted to have everything nice and neat :h:. I also managed not to get too upset over the whole physics thing and instead listen to what people around me were advising me, for a change. I'm glad I did too as it helped an awful lot :smile:

Something I could improve on: Not thinking that one test/exam result is the be-all and end-all, not getting so worked up over one less than top grade, not missing the minibus to my physics lesson :lol:

What I've achieved today: Used my double free somewhat productively - I did my physics homework (well, one of them :s-smilie:) and researched a little bit into various programmes and schemes etc. despite the fact I've since realised I'm not going to apply for them. Sort of overlaps with the "things I did well" bit today tbh.

What I've done to look after my mental health: *removed*

Something I have to look forward to: I'm going to Durham for the weekend on the 11th of February, the Saturday being for the launch of the SP programme at the university and the Sunday being to explore around with my grandma and take in what there is there! I'm soooo excited for this, as it's somewhere I've wanted to go for ages and I just hope it's as nice as I've got it pictured in my mind!! :h:

Something that made me smile: *removed*

*removed* Night all! :h: x
(edited 6 years ago)
Loving the song titles. Did you know I'm doing a PhD on ABBA? :awesome: Well, ABBA fandom. And TSOM is, like, the best film EVER!

(Second only to Mamma Mia! The Movie, obvs :danceboy: )

Spoiler

Loving the song titles. Did you know I'm doing a PhD on ABBA? :awesome: Well, ABBA fandom. And TSOM is, like, the best film EVER!

(Second only to Mamma Mia! The Movie, obvs :danceboy: )

Spoiler

Thank you! I do try :tongue:. Really?? That's so cool, aha :biggrin:

(Mamma Mia is pretty great though, I agree :h:)

Spoiler

:jumphug: Sounds like you are in a lot of pain. Remember that causing pain to others, whilst it may feel terrible, is (sadly) somewhat inevitable in life: you cannot please everyone all the time, nor should you sacrifice yourself or your own needs on a long-term basis for anyone else. Take it from someone who learnt that lesson the hard way :sadnod: I very much doubt you set out to hurt anyone - sadly sometimes these things happen as a "side effect" of actions that need to be taken, or that are taken without knowing how it will entirely impact upon others. Hindsight is a wonderful thing :sadnod:

Hang on in there, hun :hugs: Glad you are keeping the blog going. I read all the posts, just am slow to respond sometimes :colondollar: And remember you're not a bad person :hugs:
:jumphug: Sounds like you are in a lot of pain. Remember that causing pain to others, whilst it may feel terrible, is (sadly) somewhat inevitable in life: you cannot please everyone all the time, nor should you sacrifice yourself or your own needs on a long-term basis for anyone else. Take it from someone who learnt that lesson the hard way :sadnod: I very much doubt you set out to hurt anyone - sadly sometimes these things happen as a "side effect" of actions that need to be taken, or that are taken without knowing how it will entirely impact upon others. Hindsight is a wonderful thing :sadnod:

Hang on in there, hun :hugs: Glad you are keeping the blog going. I read all the posts, just am slow to respond sometimes :colondollar: And remember you're not a bad person :hugs:

it's getting better, bit by bit, thankfully :hugs:. i know it may be and that i shouldn't do that but i guess it's just a natural reaction? thank you though, all those words mean a lot :smile:

me too actually, it gives me something to do to reflect on the good of every day. i know you do and i appreciate it immensely, thank you :hugs:
Original post by NiamhM1801
it's getting better, bit by bit, thankfully :hugs:. i know it may be and that i shouldn't do that but i guess it's just a natural reaction? thank you though, all those words mean a lot :smile:

me too actually, it gives me something to do to reflect on the good of every day. i know you do and i appreciate it immensely, thank you :hugs:

It can certainly be a natural reaction for good people, to want to put others before themselves all the time. That doesn't mean it's the best thing to do though :nah:

Keep fighting the good fight :yep:
It can certainly be a natural reaction for good people, to want to put others before themselves all the time. That doesn't mean it's the best thing to do though :nah:

Keep fighting the good fight :yep:

Maybe so, thank you (again :tongue:)

Will do! :yep:
21/01/2017 - Day Twenty One

What's nine plus ten? Twenty One...literally my brain rn ooooooops

Feeling miles better today, thank goodness! :h:

What I'm grateful for today: Being able to sleep in until 11:30, man that lie in was necessary! :colondollar:

A random act of kindness I've done: I didn't be mean or spiteful to my family even though they yelled at me for no reason whatsoever??? they're lucky i decided to be kind bc that was not okay :mad:

A random act of kindness someone has done for me: My grandma came and picked me up, which saved me having to get the bus (considering it was Saturday evening it would have taken foreeeeevvvveeeeerrr) :smile:

Things I did well: see "a random act of kindness I've done", I also managed to motivate myself to do all of my homework (which was a lot) and make some neat physics notes by some miracle! :biggrin: perhaps why my brain is fried and i can no longer add lol rip

Something I could improve on: going to the gym like I promised myself I would :angry: self-discipline is really something I need to work on!! Also not eating so much - don't know why I ate so much today, but I suppose it's not too bad as I'm going out for a meal tomorrow so would like to be able to finish it for a change. From Monday though it's back to the usual I promise :h:

What I've achieved today: See "things I did well" because that's an achievement in itself! Little else though tbh...

What I've done to look after my mental health: Sort of stayed off social media a bit today, which was pretty good. Might do it more in future. Also staying calm when I so badly wanted to get angry. Attempted to almost "restart" 2017 with a clear mind (sorta worked sorta didn't but hey I tried)

Something I have to look forward to: BIRTHDAY TREATS TOMORROW YAAAAASSSS :woo:. Includes seeing my great aunt who I haven't seen in...too long :redface:, and my lovely birthday meal at a really nice Italian restaurant. Can not WAIT :biggrin:

Something that made me smile: Reducing my weekend to-do list from 13 items to only 4!!! No better satisfaction than crossing each thing off and seeing your responsibilities just decrease, I tell you :h:

I'm so happy I'm working my way back up - mainly for myself but also that this is brighter and happier for whoever's reading. I hate writing sad and emotional stuff so the fact that this is the opposite makes me even happier! Also that today is the first time in...however many days that I haven't needed to post anonymously, that's a big change :smile:

Hope you're all well, goodnight! :h: x
Birthday treats :gah: :nutcase: :woo: Have a great time :biggrin:

And well done at not being mean to your family :hugs:
Hey Niamh, so glad to see you're feeling better today, I am really very sorry you had such a rough ride - in other news, happy birthday (sorry I'm late :colondollar:)! You're the same age as me for 8 whole days! :headfire:

Take care lovely x
Birthday treats :gah: :nutcase: :woo: Have a great time :biggrin:

And well done at not being mean to your family :hugs:

Wooooo :woo: thank you, I will do! :biggrin:

Cheers, it took a lot in me to do so!! :redface:
Original post by Paracosm
Hey Niamh, so glad to see you're feeling better today, I am really very sorry you had such a rough ride - in other news, happy birthday (sorry I'm late :colondollar:)! You're the same age as me for 8 whole days! :headfire:

Take care lovely x

Ah thank you, it means a lot :smile:

Don't worry about it, haha. Wow such an honour!!! :tongue:
why auto-anon why
why auto-anon why

Have had that happen before :tongue:
22/01/2017 - Day Twenty Two

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty-two (days into the challenge...)

Happyhappyhappyhappyhappy :h::h:

What I'm grateful for today: Not being too tired despite not sleeping brilliantly and waking up at 8:45am, being in a better mood than I have all week, being home relatively early, my surprise birthday cake, a looooot of stuff today!!! :u:

A random act of kindness I've done: ahhh why can't I think?? I shared some of my food today with my grandma and sister, but that's about it? I really need to start actually trying to be kind rather than finding tiny kind things I've done at the end of the day...

A random act of kindness someone has done for me: My grandma took me and my sister out for an amazing meal at this lovely Italian restaurant, it was fantastic. Mmm :tongue:

Things I did well: Got out of bed at 9am instead of laying there for 2 hours like I normally do! :lol: also I haven't felt bad about not getting a load of work done today for a change - learning to know that it's okay :smile:

Something I could improve on: I ate wayyyyy too much at the restaurant, it was so bad. But I suppose I can allow it to myself seeing as it was technically a birthday treat and you're not supposed to feel guilty on your birthday!

What I've achieved today: Huge amounts of organisation work (it's so strange but it's the absolute best thing I've found that completely de-stresses me). I've made so many Excel spreadsheets and Word documents to just plan out everything I need to do and keep track of it all as I do it. I've made a rough schedule for the week, planning in fun activities etc, so it should be easy to follow. I've tidied my room in general but made my desk a priority, so I can work at it comfortably again. Sorted through a load of paperwork stuff lying around so it's a lot more organised now. Carried on with electricity notes for physics (just because I have the time to, not because I felt bad for not doing any) and I'm going to start mechanics ones too in a little bit. To say I've not been home too long after having a relaxing day out I've certainly been productive!! :biggrin:

What I've done to look after my mental health: See above - for some reason, nothing relaxes me more than having everything in order and organised. I love planning stuff out, making Excel spreadsheets to track progress with certain things and Word documents to tell myself what needs doing and when. Just the illusion of having my life together sort of makes things better, I do it an awful lot when I feel like things are falling apart (this wasn't the reason today though, I just felt like it was a bit overdue and since I'm trying to have a fresh start to the year, completely starting again regarding organisation just made sense :smile:)

Something I have to look forward to: Starting my New Years Resolutions tomorrow, as the birthday period has passed so it's time to make changes :smile:. This includes starting home workouts (which I'm actually lowkey excited for) and huge huge changes to my eating habits. Hopefully it'll all go smoothly (probably won't but I'm determined to stick at them this time!! :wink:)

Something that made me smile: There was a question about the LHC on The Chase which I got (probably a bit too) excited about, the ice cream at the restaurant was absolutely incredible (ferrero rocher flavour with big chunks of ferrero rocher inside it :drool: SO GOOD), my surprise birthday cake, quite a lot today :smile:

Hope you've all had a good day and evening, night folks :h: x
(edited 7 years ago)
22/01/2017 - Day Twenty Two

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty-two (days into the challenge...)

Happyhappyhappyhappyhappy :h::h:

Nice to see you're feeling more positive! Ferrero Rocher ice-cream!!??!?! :gah: :headfire: :sexface: Me likey!

Glad you had a nice birthday treat - def not need to feel guilty for eating on your bday :nah:

8.45am on a Sunday is not a time though :no: Well, it's not a time on any day tbh. Have you heard about the TLG Theory of Time? If not let me know :yep:
Nice to see you're feeling more positive! Ferrero Rocher ice-cream!!??!?! :gah: :headfire: :sexface: Me likey!

Glad you had a nice birthday treat - def not need to feel guilty for eating on your bday :nah:

8.45am on a Sunday is not a time though :no: Well, it's not a time on any day tbh. Have you heard about the TLG Theory of Time? If not let me know :yep:

Thank you - me too!! It was INCREDIBLE! :awesome: :love: gotta have it again sometime!

I know, just sort of got me a little seeing as it's not my actual birthday but hey, that's what I was out for and besides, new years resolutions begin tomorrow anyway :wink:

It isss, I can very much be a morning person when I need to be! And I haven't heard of that, do tell :yep:
Thank you - me too!! It was INCREDIBLE! :awesome: :love: gotta have it again sometime!

I know, just sort of got me a little seeing as it's not my actual birthday but hey, that's what I was out for and besides, new years resolutions begin tomorrow anyway :wink:

It isss, I can very much be a morning person when I need to be! And I haven't heard of that, do tell :yep:

I'm a big believer in extended birthdays/multiple birthdays. If the Queen can have two birthdays, so can the rest of us :teehee:

The TLG Theory of Time is as follows *clears throat* :

"There is no such thing as time before 10am UNLESS a cooked breakfast is involved" :nah:

:h:

:smartass:

Latest