Animal abuse/cruelty

Watch
Fedale
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Should everyone have to witness the slaughter house instead of simply attempting to distance themselves from the reality
ddrrzzeerr
Badges: 17
Report 4 years ago
I do agree that people distance themselves from reality. I wouldn't mind witnessing a slaughter, I know that animals are killed so I can eat them. But you can't force people to do it. If they want to distance themselves from reality, that is their right.
colorado
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We definitely aren't shown the whole picture, people should be more aware of the plight of these animals although I do agree that people have the right to distance themselves from it if they want to, especially as it's quite an upsetting situation
Fedale
Rep:
?
Yes, I agree partially. However, you think you wouldn't mind witnessing a slaughter however anyone with any conscious would find the slaughter house deeply upsetting. Did you know that the animals quite literally scream in fear in that place? It would be like a scene out of hell, I really do think that you would mind it, just saying. I suggest that you research this topic as there is clearly some ignorance in your knowledge. Maybe watch some footage
Don't eat meat if you can't deal with the reality.
Fedale
Rep:
?
(Original post by colorado)
We definitely aren't shown the whole picture, people should be more aware of the plight of these animals although I do agree that people have the right to distance themselves from it if they want to, especially as it's quite an upsetting situation
I agree however in my opinion you have no right to eat meat if you are ignorant about the situation.
colorado
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fedale)
I agree however in my opinion you have no right to eat meat if you are ignorant about the situation.
Good point. I stopped eating meat as soon as I became aware of the situation, now gradually cutting out dairy and other animal products, think people should definitely try limiting meat intake if they don't want to stop altogether
Fedale
Rep:
?
Good point. I stopped eating meat as soon as I became aware of the situation, now gradually cutting out dairy and other animal products, think people should definitely try limiting meat intake if they don't want to stop altogether
Precisely my point!!! Haha great, so glad to hear what you're doing. Just proves that only ignorant people can eat meat !! The industry is too disturbing.
ThePricklyOne
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know what happens to animals. So I can carry on eating meat then?

You'd need a better argument than that, and frankly, you don't have one.
iceberger
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just because you stopped eating meat it does not resolve the issue of what happens in the slaughter houses does it?
Fedale
Rep:
?
(Original post by iceberger)
Just because you stopped eating meat it does not resolve the issue of what happens in the slaughter houses does it?
No clearly not but if everyone witnessed the horrors, the majority of people stop eating meat = problem massively reduced. Also, by the way I dont not eat meat in order to resolve the issue I just can't anymore, now I know the truth, makes me feel sick to my stomach.
Fedale
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThePricklyOne)
I know what happens to animals. So I can carry on eating meat then?

You'd need a better argument than that, and frankly, you don't have one.
You clearly don't know the half of it, so obvious LMAO
iceberger
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No clearly not but if everyone witnessed the horrors, the majority of people stop eating meat = problem massively reduced. Also, by the way I dont not eat meat in order to resolve the issue I just can't anymore, now I know the truth, makes me feel sick to my stomach.
it does not massively reduce the problem because the industry will continue to upkeep with output as normal. The real issue lies with consumer demand. The real root of the problem is money, it always comes down to money. The companies want to make as much money possible. The only solution is to have humane people with good values and morals running these slaughterhouses but it's very unlikely that will happen.
ThePricklyOne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You clearly don't know the half of it, so obvious LMAO
I've been to a slaughter house. Have you?

What I have seen is shocking, but doesn't change the fact that humans eat meat.
Fedale
Rep:
?
(Original post by iceberger)
it does not massively reduce the problem because the industry will continue to upkeep with output as normal. The real issue lies with consumer demand. The real root of the problem is money, it always comes down to money. The companies want to make as much money possible. The only solution is to have humane people with good values and morals running these slaughterhouses but it's very unlikely that will happen.
Umm demand and supply?? People stop eating meat= output goes down. You will never have a humane person running a slaughter house as it would simply just be an oxymoron, no one with morals could have this job
Fedale
Rep:
?
I've been to a slaughter house. Have you?

What I have seen is shocking, but doesn't change the fact that humans eat meat.
Yes, I live on a farm... I probably know a lot more about the industry than you ever will. I've seen it first hand since I was born.
ThePricklyOne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Umm demand and supply?? People stop eating meat= output goes down. You will never have a humane person running a slaughter house as it would simply just be an oxymoron, no one with morals could have this job
I agree with iceberger. It's a job. It pays the bills. It feeds the family.

Morals doesn't come into it.
Fedale
Rep:
?
I agree with iceberger. It's a job. It pays the bills. It feeds the family.

Morals doesn't come into it.
Yes, I see your point. Just sad that animals have to be the ones that suffer as a result.
ThePricklyOne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, I live on a farm... I probably know a lot more about the industry than you ever will. I've seen it first hand since I was born.
So did my mom, born and grew up on a farm.

The slaughter house was more shocking to me (as a city kid) than to my parents and grandparents' generation. To them farming was normal.

Humans eat meat. We are designed to eat meat. Vegetables just don't deliver enough nutrition for human needs.
Fedale
Rep:
?

The slaughter house was more shocking to me (as a city kid) than to my parents and grandparents' generation. To them farming was normal.

Humans eat meat. We are designed to eat meat. Vegetables just don't deliver enough nutrition for human needs.
Either you're completely senseless or lying... The slaughterhouse is like a horror movie literally, there is no way that you would not mind a place like this and brush it off as you appear to be doing. Also, do you think that animals are magical reservoirs of protein and iron?? They get all their nutrients from plants..
Fedale
Rep:
?

Also, I feel as though you may have misunderstood my stance. I know that humans eat meat... I have no problem with you eating meat if you're willing to go out into the wild, kill the animal, skin it and then eat it. It's the industry and the quality of life that these animals have that annoys me. Bred to be killed and eaten. It's upsetting whether you're ever going to admit it or not...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (103)
27.39%
England (126)
33.51%
Belgium (30)
7.98%
Germany (40)
10.64%
Spain (8)
2.13%