The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
If you leave him positive feedback, something like 'great buyer, quick payment', he may be prepared to drop the matter. good luck. Or maybe send him a message : that you will only write it, when he agrees to drop the chargeback claim. then you have evidence if he does dispute it, okay?

He never started an official claim, as such, he just started whinging via email on the battery issue!

I am tempted to leave something positive, and hopefully he just forgets the whole issue.

I am on my guard so much right now with this guy . . .
Original post by spotify95
Hi,
I haven't heard about specific rulings about asking for feedback etc... though normally the seller does leave a feedback and then the buyer also leaves a feedback (or vice versa).

Hmm, maybe he realized he wasn't going to win his view and has decided to just let the transaction run more smoothly?

I think I've made up that assumption then lol

I will leave something positive, and then see what he says. I'm just very weary now after the whole messaging communication!
Original post by DancinBallerina

I will leave something positive, and then see what he says. I'm just very weary now after the whole messaging communication!

please dont
please dont

Don't, what? . . :confused:

he could be waiting for you to leave positive feedback, before starting his charge back claim with paypal ( where you will have no choice over the matter, they will deduct the money off your card automatically)

so whatever you, dont write him positive feedback, until he has at least agreed to drop the threat of asking for a refund!!
he could be waiting for you to leave positive feedback, before starting his charge back claim with paypal ( where you will have no choice over the matter, they will deduct the money off your card automatically)

so whatever you, dont write him positive feedback, until he has at least agreed to drop the threat of asking for a refund!!

He hasn't officially stated he is going to claim! It was only the communications yesterday stating about the battery issue!

So do you advise I respond to his email re: battery issue, and ask what he intends to do? But by doing so, could make him think, and then start proceedings?!

. . Or should I ask him to leave me feedback first, seeing as I am the seller and he is the buyer? . .
He hasn't officially stated he is going to claim! It was only the communications yesterday stating about the battery issue!

So do you advise I respond to his email re: battery issue, and ask what he intends to do? But by doing so, could make him think, and then start proceedings?!

yes do that by all means. but don't write him positive feedback, my ebay score is also about 300, and these scores are very important to us hardcore ebay users. he could well just be waiting for you to leave that positive feedback, before issuing a claim. I can't be sure of this, but for the reasons i already gave, i wouldn't send it. Not yet anyway. By all means ask him, if you leave positive feedback, will he agree to drop the claim. That is the only thing i can suggest.

Then if he says no, then you don't leave it, you can even write him negative feedback, and refund it.

and if he says yes, you write him positive feedback, and get to keep the money. and if he then, turns around and still asks for a refund, you don't have to pay it, because you can show the messages he sent to you to ebay, as proof that is in your favour. If you follow this advice you should be okay, okay??

x
yes do that by all means. but don't write him positive feedback, my ebay score is also about 300, and these scores are very important to us hardcore ebay users. he could well just be waiting for you to leave that positive feedback, before issuing a claim. I can't be sure of this, but for the reasons i already gave, i wouldn't send it. Not yet anyway. By all means ask him, if you leave positive feedback, will he agree to drop the claim. That is the only thing i can suggest.

Then if he says no, then you don't leave it, you can even write him negative feedback, and refund it.

and if he says yes, you write him positive feedback, and get to keep the money. and if he then, turns around and still asks for a refund, you don't have to pay it, because you can show the messages he sent to you to ebay, as proof that is in your favour. If you follow this advice you should be okay, okay??

x

Ahh, I understand now. Thank you ever so much.

I will reply with this: (feel free to make suggestions)

Yes, by all means happy to leave positive feedback. I assume you are happy with the handset / battery, and the positive feedback will mark final closure communication on the deal?

Is that any good? :confused: . .
Ahh, I understand now. Thank you ever so much.

I will reply with this: (feel free to make suggestions)

Yes, by all means happy to leave positive feedback. I assume you are happy with the handset / battery, and the positive feedback will mark final closure communication on the deal?

Is that any good? :confused: . .

yes that sounds better...

some of these people are professional (conmen)...

make sure you get it from him in writing, that he will drop the chargeback claim, before you write him anything good...

see what he says then okay...

and still, good luck....
yes that sounds better...

some of these people are professional (conmen)...

make sure you get it from him in writing, that he will drop the chargeback claim, before you write him anything good...

see what he says then okay...

and still, good luck....

Literally just sent and he's replied back with ''Yes'' straight away . . .

Does this sound too good to be true to you? . .

I am closing my eBay account once this has been finished with. Such a hassle! *facepalm*
Stuff like this are the reasons why I question why I have a eBay business, I deal with issues like this on a daily basis
Original post by Miser101
Stuff like this are the reasons why I question why I have a eBay business, I deal with issues like this on a daily basis

I'm never selling an iPhone on eBay ever again!
Literally just sent and he's replied back with ''Yes'' straight away . . .

Does this sound too good to be true to you? . .

I am closing my eBay account once this has been finished with. Such a hassle! *facepalm*

no you don't have to do that

you can probably write the positive feedback now

to be honest i would write him another email just to be sure

you can copy and paste this if you like

'i only agree to write you the positive feedback, on the confirmation that you are indeed happy with the phone, and will promise not to request a refund at any point in the future regarding this item. Should you renegade on this agreement, i will be both aware of my rights as a buyer to cancel this feedback, and also put in a counter charge to ebay under the terms violated by this prior agreement. I say again, i am only writing you this positive feedback, when i can be sure you aren't going to renegade on this? My ebay rating and status is valuable to me, and i don't want to mess this up over a lousy phone, OKAY?'

Copy and send him that, and then see what he says....
I'm never selling an iPhone on eBay ever again!

Talking of eBay problems, I just got a notification from eBay another customer with another issue :angry:
Original post by Miser101
Talking of eBay problems, I just got a notification from eBay another customer with another issue :angry:

It's more headache than it's worth to be honest! lol
Hi all,

I haven't posted for quite some time, so I do apologise if this is not the right forum - mods please feel free to move.

I recently sold an iPhone on eBay. Just over a year old, in pristine condition, fully functioning. To get rid of it asap, I put this for sale on eBay, and within an hour someone wanted the handset, and so I sold it. Phone packaged securely, with protective packaging, and sent via RM Special Delivery the following day. I didn't hear anything from buyer once received so I assumed all was ok.

Now this evening I receive a message from the buyer, stating the battery doesn't last longer than 80mins! Now I find that hard to believe as I sometimes didn't need to charge the phone until after 2 days, bearing in mind I would use it for social media, music, messaging and etc, your usual usage. I stated in my response I find that hard to believe, but also the phone is no longer my responsibility. I therefore suggested he take the handset to Apple and see what they can do.

I sense something funny is about to, or is going on! Either he is hinting at wanting a refund (even though my listing was clear I do not accept returns), or he has a dodgy handset, and he is planning to do a swap. I don't know what makes me think so, but my gut is saying something.

I very rarely sell on eBay, and when I do, I have never had any problems.

Can someone give some advice / tips on how I can resolve this issue with this buyer, as I really don't want any hassle, or the return of the handset.

Thanks

Might have swapped his faulty battery out for it. Did you photograph the internals so you can compare bar codes if it gets sent back?
It's more headache than it's worth to be honest! lol

why don't you send him that message i just wrote you, as a cast iron guarantee that he won't ask for a refund, or write it in your own words if you llike?

you could just go ahead and write the positive feedback, just i would be inclined to ask for more proof if i were you.

and you said you got a few hundred pounds from selling the phone. if you want you could just refund the money and be done with it, can i get my ebay user name so you can check my selling profile out as well?
why don't you send him that message i just wrote you, as a cast iron guarantee that he won't ask for a refund, or write it in your own words if you llike?

you could just go ahead and write the positive feedback, just i would be inclined to ask for more proof if i were you.

and you said you got a few hundred pounds from selling the phone. if you want you could just refund the money and be done with it, can i get my ebay user name so you can check my selling profile out as well?

Isn't what I sent enough though? I don't want to appear like a paranoid seller (ha the irony), and annoy the person!

Yes, I got a good sale on it, but I don't want it back with the possibility, he could screw over the handset, and send me a duff one back! :confused:
Original post by nomad992
Might have swapped his faulty battery out for it. Did you photograph the internals so you can compare bar codes if it gets sent back?

Skip to page 3, scroll to the bottom . .

Latest

Trending

Trending