Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    From past experience can you tell me if UCAS will actually phone you when the results are published? Or will they just send you a letter requiring confirmation with signature.

I also heard that you could confirm via track in ucas.com. Is this done with the online enquiry password included on your Advisory Letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by equili3rium)
    From past experience can you tell me if UCAS will actually phone you when the results are published? Or will they just send you a letter requiring confirmation with signature.

I also heard that you could confirm via track in ucas.com. Is this done with the online enquiry password included on your Advisory Letter?
    They won't phone you. As soon as you get your results published, you can check via ucas.com (Yes - with the only enquiry password included on your advisory letter) to see if your place is confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    As soon as you get the results, you will need to phone your universities to see you've been accepted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    As soon as you get the results, you will need to phone your universities to see you've been accepted.
    Not necessary. If everyone did that, the unis would go mad! If you meet your offer, you don't need to do anything. The uni will know already, and you will receive confirmation both from them and from UCAS by post over the next couple of days. I got my confirmation letter from Cambridge on the Friday, and UCAS a few days after that. You do not need to phone your university if you meet your offer!

However, if you miss your offer, it's time to get on the phone. If you miss your firm but get into your insurance, again, you don't need to phone, they'll get in touch with you and start sorting out accommodation etc. If you miss both, you need to start ringing them - a)to see if a little pleading will do the trick (no guarantees) and b)to then start to sort out clearing.

There is no need to ring UCAS themselves.

ReputationRep:
    so can you confirm via the net after receiving results? (with the advisory letter pw ofcoz)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    No - the university will confirm your place and you can check that via the net. To accept the confirmed place UCAS will send you a letter which you sign and return. Usually arrives in the week beginning 23rd August but sometimes wont arrive til september depending on how quickly the uni's confirm your place.
    You send an AS12 to your first choice/insurance (depending on your grades) to confirm you are accepting a place, but you can let UCAS know online (at least, you could last year).

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when the confirmation/rejection status will be shown on the ucas track thing? clearing starts at 00:01 am on thursday 19th so in that case would you be able to check wether you've met the conditions of your offer online at that time too?

also i think its great that you can use WAP to access the information. well done UCAS!!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.