The Student Room Group

Psychology

Hi im 23 years of age i have no qualifications i didnt do my gcse at senior school, i used to be on the wrong side of the law, which now looking back is embarrising but now that i have straightened my life out i want to start a career, i know what ever career i choose i will have start from the bottom but that doesn't bother me... What i would like to know is at 23 years old is it too old to start studying psychology? could anyone please help? If anyone has any imformation on were to start or any imformation relevent please get in touch thank you.
Well it's not too late no. First you need to make sure you have 5 A*-C including maths and English, could also do psychology GCSE for insight, it's useful for a levels. use those to get into college and study psychology and two other subjects. I'm in my first year of college and we have people in their 20s learning the course, each with their own story why.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Brooklyn2000
Well it's not too late no. First you need to make sure you have 5 A*-C including maths and English, could also do psychology GCSE for insight, it's useful for a levels. use those to get into college and study psychology and two other subjects. I'm in my first year of college and we have people in their 20s learning the course, each with their own story why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi thanks for that i am very grateful, so what you saying is that i need to sit my gcse's firsst before anything??
Original post by tom.pro
Hi thanks for that i am very grateful, so what you saying is that i need to sit my gcse's firsst before anything??

No that's not the case the easiest thing to do is an access course. There's actually a lot for you to consider and it's mostly about what you want to do with the degree and what you think the course will be like.

So what do you want to take the course for?

What do you want to do as a job after?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by paul514
No that's not the case the easiest thing to do is an access course. There's actually a lot for you to consider and it's mostly about what you want to do with the degree and what you think the course will be like.

So what do you want to take the course for?

What do you want to do as a job after?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi thanks for commenting and i want to go into the mental health sector.
Original post by tom.pro
Hi thanks for commenting and i want to go into the mental health sector.

Ok but as what? It really matters as it affects what training route you go down

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending