Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Three of my teachers informed me that i would be predicted AAC/B and the fourth, I’ve been told by my other teachers it would be an A worst B - optimistically AAAB (but i may drop my 4th to fully concentre on three).

I’ve looked around and I’ve seen most universities apart from Oxbridge and Warwick asking for ABB’s. I guess this is because its half sociology.

Is it wise to pick four very good universities and 1 good one? I was thinking, to be safe, I should pick three excellent, two very good and one good university?

Cambridge SPS is great, in theory I could apply but in practice it’s a different story. When I compare myself with people I know and they got rejected, I think its best if i count myself out and pick another option

Example
    Excellent: Bristol (AAA-ABB), York (ABB) and Bath (ABB) (I see Durham and Warwick pretty interchangeable with these three)

Very Good: Sheffield (BBB), ????? (???) > ????? (???)

Good: ????? (???)

Also when they ask for ABB am I right in saying the typical offer is more likely AAB and BBB is more likely ABB?

I need advice.

ReputationRep:
    Try looking at the individual departmental tables rather than they must be better because they are asking for better grades

ReputationRep:
    individual departmental tables are much better... a few years ago sociology was 6th in...some sort of league table... and was higher up than loughborough uni was in a general league table.

Loughborough asks for bbc I think...though don't quote me on that!

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for this course!

Some other good universities to consider:

Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Southampton

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 6, 2007

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.