The Student Room Group

I got into a physical fight with my dad

Firstly, yes I am the biggest idiot ever. So it all starter with my dad yelling at me for not having a job and nit paying any bills. I am 18 btw. So I told him I have been trying and I do stuff at home aswell. But he kept on going on about it. So I told him he doesn't help out with stuff at home. This is all I remember. the next thing he's coming at me so I pushed him(quite hard) and he comes back with a shie in his hand. Then I push him again and he falls down. At this point my mum's between us. But then he tried to choke me and more pushing by me. Then he got really drunk and was saying he doesn't want to live anymore and how he's got a bad child. I know I ****ed up and I don't know what to do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Firstly, yes I am the biggest idiot ever. So it all starter with my dad yelling at me for not having a job and nit paying any bills. I am 18 btw. So I told him I have been trying and I do stuff at home aswell. But he kept on going on about it. So I told him he doesn't help out with stuff at home. This is all I remember. the next thing he's coming at me so I pushed him(quite hard) and he comes back with a shie in his hand. Then I push him again and he falls down. At this point my mum's between us. But then he tried to choke me and more pushing by me. Then he got really drunk and was saying he doesn't want to live anymore and how he's got a bad child. I know I ****ed up and I don't know what to do.

Your Dad clearly has some problems for him to lash out then break down and cry, I think you both need to talk about it when you are both calm.
Original post by Anonymous

Based on what you described it was your father who ****ed up. Pushing somebody is not against the law especially since you did it to protect yourself. He on the other hand did something which could be punished by law, a little something called domestic violence. So get your mother to have a talk with him so that he understands how he screwed up as a parent.

Also from a moral point of view he is also in the wrong. It's not the easiest thing for an 18 year old to get a job, and at the very least you are contributing around the house. Remind him that helping with house chores caries monetary value.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending