The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Geography 3 GEOG3 - 05 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Hi guys. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all! So I saw there was no geog thread for A2 geog this year so I made one. Feel free to ask questions and post whatever you like here as long as it is related to GEOG3. Please don't ask the same questions AGAIN AND AGAIN as it gets boring.
And thought I'd let everyone know, I will be posting my notes on TSR throughout the year for the topics that I will be learning this year which are as follows:

Plate Tectonics and Associated Hazards
Weather and Climate and Associated Hazards
World Cities
Development and Globalisation

Scroll to see replies

Anybody doing conflict and challenges, this website is really good: http://www.cfr.org/global/global-conflict-tracker/p32137#!/
Reply 2
I've got an mock coming up soon, I was wondering if where the Geog 3 papers from before 2014 are.
Original post by mended
I've got an mock coming up soon, I was wondering if where the Geog 3 papers from before 2014 are.

Geog3 2013 is stil available on the aqa website.

geog3 2012: http://pastpapers.papacambridge.com/AQA/A-Level/Geography-2030/AQA-GEOG3-QP-JAN12.PDF

geog3 2011: http://www.geog.biz/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/AQA-GEOG3-W-QP-JUN11.pdf

geog3 2010: http://pastpapers.papacambridge.com/AQA/A-Level/Geography-2030/AQA-GEOG3-W-QP-JUN10.PDF
Reply 4
I'm trying my hardest for an A* this year, hope 2017's paper has nice questions! Probably won't since I've just jinxed it hahaha
Got my mock results and got an A* and while I'm really happy with that, problem with me is that I never get high level answers (always get like 4/7, 5/8, 7/10, 27/40 etc), I may run out of time in the real exam like I did last year, and the mock had questions I was strongest in which was lucky.
Not to mention I don't like ecosystems at all and I can't remember any of the stats from any case study... lol

oh well I think all I can do is just try my hardest... :P
Reply 5
Original post by Jasondazza
Can you please send it to me? I would really appreciate that!

please could you send it to me too??
if its okay, do you think you can send it to me too? I really need the practise ahaha
Hey could you link me the June 2016 paper?
Original post by JezDayy
Nope, my school was weird and mixed up questions from different past papers lol

I have seen that paper though I can always link it to you

Please could you link me the 2016 paper? Thanks :smile:
Nice pro pic is that farah dukhai
Original post by alishakhan
hi guys. Happy new year to you all! So i saw there was no geog thread for a2 geog this year so i made one. Feel free to ask questions and post whatever you like here as long as it is related to geog3. Please don't ask the same questions again and again as it gets boring.
And thought i'd let everyone know, i will be posting my notes on tsr throughout the year for the topics that i will be learning this year which are as follows:

Plate tectonics and associated hazards
weather and climate and associated hazards
world cities
development and globalisation
Quick question to those doing conflict - how may international conflict case studies do we need to know? Is one enough?
Could you please send me A link to last years geography exam , cheers
have you guys finished going through the spec in your classes yet? I really think I'm not going to get through it in mine in time for the exam, we didn't finish it last year......
Original post by fairlyemily
have you guys finished going through the spec in your classes yet? I really think I'm not going to get through it in mine in time for the exam, we didn't finish it last year......

We have half of Contemporary Conflicts and Challenges left, but have finished both Tectonics and Cities. Not doing a 4th topic as teachers decided quality over quantity and essay questions are better for human geog.

Let me know if you are doing any of those topics.
Original post by Smithy-Geo
We have half of Contemporary Conflicts and Challenges left, but have finished both Tectonics and Cities. Not doing a 4th topic as teachers decided quality over quantity and essay questions are better for human geog.

Let me know if you are doing any of those topics.

I'm doing those three plus ecosystems :P Ecosystems is probably my least fave tbh lol
Original post by fairlyemily
I'm doing those three plus ecosystems :P Ecosystems is probably my least fave tbh lol

What case studies are you doing for those?

And with the 40 mark question what are you leaning towards? I'm think cities for that (because it is easy to embed examples and develop them in the essay, and there's only really 3 or 4 themes they could ask about) but that could mean answering an awkward 7 mark question for Conflicts. If multiculturalism comes up for the 40 mark then I may have a go at that however.
Original post by marcieiscooler
Quick question to those doing conflict - how may international conflict case studies do we need to know? Is one enough?

I'm doing two/three, so Darfur, Gaza and West Bank, and then maybe Afghanistan. Also you have to know things about separatism so that is kinda an international conflict, if you study the one I'm doing which is Baasque Country. I think doing two is fine tbh, I'm going to know two really well so darfur and westb bank and then the others in a bit of detail. The good thing about conflict is that you can apply the same case studies to many different questions. It's all in the CGP revision guide, so if you have that it's really good for case studies.

Also anyone else doing conflict there is a YouTube channel called crash course, which explains some of the conflicts really well and clearly. So just type into Google the conflict and it should come up
Does anyone have any predictions for the questions that will come up concerning:
Plate tectonics
World cities
Contemporary conflicts and challenges

My teachers are really bad a saying what is likely to come up so anything your teachers/tutors have said to you concerning predictions would be super helpful!!

Thanks
Predictions? :smile:
Original post by marcieiscooler

I'm doing 3...Syria, Afghanistan and Darfur. Best to do more than one in case it comes up as a good 40 marker

Quick Reply

Latest