How to structure AQA A2 Psychology 16 mark questions

Watch this thread
ellierq
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Does anyone know how many studies/evaluation points to include in 16 markers and how to structure your answer?
Hasanalm
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
https://www.loopa.co.uk/how-to-write...12-16-markers/

Nadine_08
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Depends on the question. Don't include studies if the question doesn't ask for them. But for the 10 marks of evaluation, do 3 detailed evaluation points (3 paragraphs).

The best way to structure a 16 marker is to split the AO1 and AO3.
username2637499
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nadine_08)
Depends on the question. Don't include studies if the question doesn't ask for them. But for the 10 marks of evaluation, do 3 detailed evaluation points (3 paragraphs).

It's 5 PEELs? For A03
Nadine_08
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AppleB)
It's 5 PEELs? For A03
5? That's not necessary. You can get the 10 marks in just 3 well-detailed paragraphs.

You can obv still do 5 smaller ones, no problem with that.
username2637499
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
5? That's not necessary. You can get the 10 marks in just 3 well-detailed paragraphs.

You can obv still do 5 smaller ones, no problem with that.
My teacher said we need 5 PEELs lmao
Shaaayxp
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I might have well have made this thread myself
ellierq
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
It's 5 PEELs? For A03
what is a PEEL? haha
Shaaayxp
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

I was taught to do 5 evaluations for 10 marks How were you taught to stucture each individual evaluation point?
username2637499
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ellierq)
what is a PEEL? haha
Point - let's say this study/theory has real world application
Evidence - for example xyz found
Explain - this shows that...
Link - argue back to the main point
username2637499
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shaaayxp)
I was taught to do 5 evaluations for 10 marks How were you taught to stucture each individual evaluation point?
So basically 2 marks for 1 A03 that's weird imo
brumtown0121
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ellierq)
Does anyone know how many studies/evaluation points to include in 16 markers and how to structure your answer?

theres two ways you can do it

you could do one big paragraph on A01 and then four paragraphs on A03.

or you could just use peel and do 5 paragraphs with with A01 and A03 put together but keep in mind 10/16 marks are A03 so A03 should be in more detail than the A01 points

tbh examiners prefer you to do one paragraph on A01 and the four on A03 but i just use the one that best suits the question
Nadine_08
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
My teacher said we need 5 PEELs lmao
That's just too much imo and just means you have to remember more points.

Doing 3 detailed paragraphs with good development is enough
username2637499
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
That's just too much imo and just means you have to remember more points.

Doing 3 detailed paragraphs with good development is enough
How would you develop the PEELs?
Nadine_08
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
You could still do that, but you could get the same amount of marks with fewer evaluation points, meaning less to remember. The 3 paragraphs have to be detailed and well developed, though. So, the normal PEED structure but more development.
Nadine_08
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
How would you develop the PEELs?
In my school the acronym is 'PEED': point, evidence, explanation, development.

Development is just 'this shows that...' and explain clearly why what you've said is a limitation/strength.

But remember that you can always throw in the generic criticism points, e.g. ethical issues, lab experiment so lack of ecological validity, etc. Your paragraph doesn't have to completely stick to the set structure of PEED/PEEL. You can always add in what you want, this way you can maximise your chances of getting max' marks.
username2637499
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
In my school the acronym is 'PEED': point, evidence, explanation, development.

Development is just 'this shows that...' and explain clearly why what you've said is a limitation/strength.

But remember that you can always throw in the generic criticism points, e.g. ethical issues, lab experiment so lack of ecological validity, etc. Your paragraph doesn't have to completely stick to the set structure of PEED/PEEL. You can always add in what you want, this way you can maximise your chances of getting max' marks.
In my school the sentence starter for development would be the sentence starter for the explanation. What would you use for explanation? And strength/limitation of what? The study/theory?
Shaaayxp
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
So basically 2 marks for 1 A03 that's weird imo
Yeah we were entered for the AS exams with 12 markers and for that it was 3 evaluation for 6 marks. Although now in A2 my class has two teachers and one sticks to the 5 for 10 marks rule and the other bangs on about quality and that we can still get the marks even if we don't have 5 evaluations as long as there is a lot of detail throughout the answer. So my aim is to do as much as i can with as much details as possible.
username2637499
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yeah we were entered for the AS exams with 12 markers and for that it was 3 evaluation for 6 marks. Although now in A2 my class has two teachers and one sticks to the 5 for 10 marks rule and the other bangs on about quality and that we can still get the marks even if we don't have 5 evaluations as long as there is a lot of detail throughout the answer. So my aim is to do as much as i can with as much details as possible.
Ok thank you
Nadine_08
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
In my school the sentence starter for development would be the sentence starter for the explanation. What would you use for explanation? And strength/limitation of what? The study/theory?
It doesn't have to be that exact sentence starter, you can use anything to develop what you're saying. 'This shows that..' can be used at any time; when you're explaining the evidence and again when you're developing your argument of why it's a strength/limitation.

Strength/limitation of whatever AO1 you're evaluating
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (62)
40.26%
They're exactly what I expected (36)