Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've recently started surfing and after paddling out once or twice my arms want to give up so I think I need to do some weights :p:

What sort of reps should I be doing for stamina? I ask because it's different depending on whether you want to gain size or stamina isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    For muscular endurance and stamina, about 12 reps+. Try googling surfing workouts, that would probably be your best option for a mix of weights and surfing to improve your ability and performance.

Of course more paddling can only help your paddling with sport specific training.

ReputationRep:
    Just one set of say 15 or more than one set? If more than one set do you do the same amount of reps in each one of reduce the number?

Googling surfing workouts is a good idea actually I'll give that a go.

ReputationRep:
    Start with say 2 or 3 sets of 12 and then progress over several weeks to gradually build it up to 5 or 6 sets of 20-25+ reps.

For the reps, you use a weight that you can lift to only just finish the number of reps per set.

Menshealth did a kayak workout a while back which would probably be relevant for the upper body strength and endurance, if you're interested, mail me and i'll send you a copy.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.