The Student Room Group

How its like to study Modern Languages in Uni?

I'm only in year 11 but I wanted to know what its like to study languages in Uni? Languages is something that I've been good at but will it be enough? Does anyone has experience that can share? Is the work load too hard or what is it like? I want to study Spanish along with Russian (fluent in Russian, but recently picked up Spanish which i looovee)
Why do you want to study Russian if you already speak it? Very, very few universities will admit students onto language degrees if they're already fluent.
Because i feel like it will give me wider options after. Or i was thinking of joining Spanish with economics/ business since I enjoy that as well. I was just interested in the work load for languages and how difficult it is when you're not a native speaker (ofcorse its hard, so as every other course) but
Original post by s_katia_s
Because i feel like it will give me wider options after. Or i was thinking of joining Spanish with economics/ business since I enjoy that as well. I was just interested in the work load for languages and how difficult it is when you're not a native speaker (ofcorse its hard, so as every other course) but

It won't give you wider options. Employers will likely assume you were just looking for an easy degree. And as I say, very few universities would accept a native speaker anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending