The Student Room Group

Journey to the Awakening of the Rinnegan

Scroll to see replies

Biceps almost recovered fully :smile:

Squat:100-1,sleeves,120-1,belt,145-1,165-1,180-1,130-10
Bench:90,95,97.5,100,80-2x10,40-15 Jam press
Likkle accessories

180 was buried well, could of gone heavier but felt it would use to much chakra and affect the workout going forward. Sticking to 3 singles after putting on the belt might be the way going forward with 1x10 thereafter. 130 for those no. of reps is a PR and even the last rep on video wasn't slow.

Bench weirdly is stronger, 100% technique - quicker eccentric etc. 3 singles with 2x10 and 1x15 Jam Press feels just right :wink:

Need to seriously start deadlifting lol.
Nothing eventful but few changes on the horizon...

Squats:100,sleeves,130,belt,155,175,192.5,120-2x3 paused
Paused Bench:90,95,100,70-10

I don't know if I'm genuinely hitting comp.depth now, my camera is slanted - hence isn't the best to way to gauge it. I lowered the weight and it isn't a factor as I can't go deeper point blank period. With my relative wide stance, I will be experimineting towards using flat shoes in the upcoming weeks potenitally - will be ordering a squat shirt for better grip. 192.5 felt very controlled, 175 got bit messy.

Next week will be deadlifting....time to write-up a programme, can't train more than once a week.
Upload a vid goddamnit
Original post by Gone Revising II
Upload a vid goddamnit

I post on SC lol, although didn't yday as I ain't got the app (phone storage problems, getting a new one next month). Will try to post a video this week or during the weekend.
Trained in the morning today after a hiatus due to not being well/other stuff going on...going forward I will be training twice a week in the morning during the weekdays - I plan to do another session on Thursday morning (wake up around 4 so sleep at 9 or earlier). Essientially will do the following:

Workout 1: Squat/Dl - top single + 1 set of repeition & Core stuff
Workout 2: Bench: Singles + rep work & Accessories

I think I can squat once every 2 weeks and do just fine, if anything I will squat with the bar only on the DL day when warming up. Also today realised I need to warm up much more to make my back feel better when squatting - will do knee raises and planks at the start.

Today's session:

Squats:100,sleeves,120,belt,140,160,172.5,120-5 paused
KneeRaises:10

Squat depth much better, will post a video - don't think I need to change trainers.
Reply 325
Interesting journey. Hope it will continue...
Original post by Thaix5
Interesting journey. Hope it will continue...

thanks
Trained this morning, only 4.5 hours sleep but don't feel too tired - going forward far better to split my workouts to upper and lower on the weekday mornings than put them together on Sunday on a day I should just be resting in bed.

Bench:80,wraps,90,92.5-3x1 cluster and 80-10 tng

I think writing things down formally in terms of programming will help so lets go (got some time at work lol):

Squat Lower Day:

KneeRaises (warm-up back)
Squat: w/ belt 3 ramped up singles, 1x5 paused or 1x10 thereafter

Deadlift Lower Day
(+Side) Plank + Squat w/ bar only
Deadlifts: w/ belt 3 ramped up singles, 1x20 Rows

Bench Day
Incline Flies+Curls during warm-up
Bench:3x1 (cluster)+1x10

Will be alternating Squat and Deadlift day, haven't deadlifted hardly this year let along w/ a belt, will adjust size of belt weekly to ensure it fits well for dl - I have it higher on Dls in the past. Progression will be trying simply trying to lift more weight gradually in all the parameters, Bench clusters for the triples will be a minute apart until I drop to 2x1 w/ 3 mins rest in between & thereafter I will just do 1 top single until I hit a plateau and deload back to 3 triples.
All that writing during a few spare mins at work was futile as I ain't gymmed this week, going football Sunday as my friend was busy today. Kinda just want to rest after having very minimal sleep last few weeks, felt like I was going to pass out due to tiredness or something. Until I get 'promoted' I can't really gym during work hours so till then its either gym morning/1x a week on the weekend. I had been making gains 1x a week tbf but I was hindered due to how narrow my window is to train with other life priorities. Training legs during the morning also doesn't feel nice on my joints. Think I have little choice but to train during the weekend and make it work!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by UchihaMadara
All that writing during a few spare mins at work was futile as I ain't gymmed this week, going football Sunday as my friend was busy today. Kinda just want to rest after having very minimal sleep last few weeks, felt like I was going to pass out due to tiredness or something. Until I get 'promoted' I can't really gym during work hours so till then its either gym morning/1x a week on the weekend. I had been making gains 1x a week tbf but I was hindered due to how narrow my window is to train with other life priorities. Training legs during the morning also doesn't feel nice on my joints. Think I have little choice but to train during the weekend and make it work!

Keep grinding :five:
A mate told me to post my gym stuff here, currently doing Conor Lutz's beginner 8 week programme...all shall be revealed soon :smile: :colone:.....

Bio:
Name: Madara Uchiha
Height: About 6,1
Weight: 93.2kg (I was 80 a year ago but went AWOL after a family member died, I've cut from 100 to 80 before)

PRs till date:
Squats:130-3x6,140-4,145-2
TnG Bench:85-3
Deadlifts:150-8,160-6,170

Background:
I want to compete in powerlifting so I don't think its worthwhile to discuss my lifts in other movements. In terms of my 'lifting journey', I have trained for a couple of months and ended up taking big breaks either due to exams, internships, family issues and frankly lack of discipline and commitment from my side. I've done 12 weeks on a 5x5 programme, Candito Linear Program, 4 week block on Wendler's, 4 weeks on Texas Method and 6 weeks on Greyskull.....Recently I got really ill and during my time off realised I need to train like a powerlifter, either way I'm currently doing a periodized programme. I'm hoping this thread will serve as motivation and learning tool for myself. I'm currently in my final year at Uni and ought to finally start studying - something I haven't done since my A-level days, I don't even know how I passed the last two years lol. Last thing, I will train every 4 days - I find this to be optimal from a strength perspective and my sessions last around 3 hours at the moment.

Current Targets:
By the end of the 7 week programme I will be doing 1RM tests, nearer to the final week I will be able to realistically determine which weight I should be aiming for. I don't think long-term targets are for me, right now just gymming consistently will be enough - I've spent most my time trying to 'get back to where i was'.

Can you do any jutsu yet? Or have you awakened your sharingan? Thats a start!
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Can you do any jutsu yet? Or have you awakened your sharingan? Thats a start!

yh bro, still haven't awakened the rinnegan yet...will take a lot of time and practice, inshallah one day
Quick update, so yh I haven't gymmed for like 3 months +? But I'm on the brink of a comeback, been very busy with work but not long ago got promoted and have a natiowide nuffield health free membership. Idea will be to gym during the week - after work, Football Saturday and MMA training Sunday. Found a fighter who is willing to train me 1 on 1 which is something I would prefer than a group, more focused and intense.

Gym wise whilst being away, been able to observe and think about things that went well and others things that didn't. I think last year my Squat progress was solid even with the weekly frequency because of my form and focus on it. By not doing deadlifts, I recovered in time to do heavy attempts the weak after. Vids will be posted on Socal media, old squat vids in my old phone - got a Pixel now. Also, grateful that I have friends and people here that have been supporting my jouney last year, giving advice and spurring to me get back into the gym. Equally important to make sure I continue to get rid of any negative chakra around me.

Main thing is to be consitent, not get too tired and have relatively quicker sessions. I think I will be still directed towards powerlifting training as well. I think twice a week will be good for me - one lower day and one upper day; most likely route I will take - any other days I go I can just go for light cardio/swimming/sauna.

Hopefully post some no.s very soon! Expect to be very weak.
What is this social media you're talking about? Message me it if you want. Good to have you back though and you'll probably enjoy it alot more since now you know where you were lacking and what you enjoy training on. :smile:
Original post by Enginerd.
What is this social media you're talking about? Message me it if you want. Good to have you back though and you'll probably enjoy it alot more since now you know where you were lacking and what you enjoy training on. :smile:

SC: rs731994 and IG: rahulxwhiz. I mostly post vids on Snapchat but might start doing it bit more on my IG story instead. Some people here already have me on both platforms. Yh agreed, time off might be a blessing in disguise.

So I trained yesterday at the Nuffield health gym in Moorgate - had to wait to get a rack and frankly none of their racks are better than my home gym. They had nice plates. Worked up to a comfortable 120 on Squats, then just benched to 60 for a few reps before I ended up chatting to this PT who I had known in secondary school. I didn't really want to bench more as no pins, and bench itself was crap - plus lost a bit of my shoulder retraction but that just needs time and more stretching. Going forward I've decided despite getting a free memerbship worth 110/m, the gym actually sucks - going to train my main 2 sessions per week at home and go to this gym for other bits n bobs (sauna/swimming/cardio/accesorires if needed).
SC: rs731994 and IG: rahulxwhiz. I mostly post vids on Snapchat but might start doing it bit more on my IG story instead. Some people here already have me on both platforms. Yh agreed, time off might be a blessing in disguise.

So I trained yesterday at the Nuffield health gym in Moorgate - had to wait to get a rack and frankly none of their racks are better than my home gym. They had nice plates. Worked up to a comfortable 120 on Squats, then just benched to 60 for a few reps before I ended up chatting to this PT who I had known in secondary school. I didn't really want to bench more as no pins, and bench itself was crap - plus lost a bit of my shoulder retraction but that just needs time and more stretching. Going forward I've decided despite getting a free memerbship worth 110/m, the gym actually sucks - going to train my main 2 sessions per week at home and go to this gym for other bits n bobs (sauna/swimming/cardio/accesorires if needed).

Defo post to insta more
Original post by TajwarC
Defo post to insta more

haha noted will do
haha noted will do

Hey Madara, would just doing 100 push ups and 100 sit ups on alternate days be good excerrsize for a beginner? So for 100 days i do pushups then situps then push ups ... etc. Is it worth doing since I do a bit of brist walking already?
Soreness gone Saturday morning and played Football Saturday - something I've been fairly consistent with. On reflection will be training home x2 during the week, with Football and MMA training (hoping to kick this off soon) on the weekend. Will be trying to cancel my membership from work as I don't frankly need it - maybe in the summer when I want to swim actively and use the Sauna. Also might be looking to clean up my diet, don't know how much I weigh but its fair to say I could be on the front cover of 'Fat Boy Season 2k19'.

Programme will follow the structure below: (template from Askold Surovetsky)

Week 1, Day 1:
moderate squat
bench
light deadlift

Week 1, Day 2:
heavy squat
bench
upper accessories

Week 2, Day 1:
light squat
bench
moderate deadlift

Week 2, Day 2:
bench
heavy deadlift
lower accessories

I think this will enable me to effectively progress my deadlifts with my squat as well. There are calm workouts so every workout isn't about hitting a heavy single like before which can be mentally fatiguing. I want to Bench everyday - probably can't hit 2 plates anymore as my set up isn't going to be as good but aiming for a big bench this year. Accessores on the last sesh each week -for lower this will be raises, plank and Hook Shrugs; upper this will be flies, curls, tricep exts and some shoulder raises.

Defining the light/moderate/heavy for me will be via rest times - light there will be no rest except for just changing weights etc. Moderate will be taking some rest and around half my maximum rest on the heavy days. Plan to wear a belt on all the days on later sets although for deadlifts the first few weeks might just be beltless only. I will be doing some drop sets for Squats, would like to do the 1x10 I use to before - some days this will be paused/beltless and w the belt. Deadlifts I will do drop sets either Paused singles or Rows. Bench I think on all days work up to a good Heavy Single - some days might do more Singles if I think it was too light; then drop down and do triples, 5's or 8's. Start of sessions will always do face pulls etc.

Next session Tuesday :smile:
The above planning didn't work out lol, can't blame effort outside of gym but I think mentally knowing the sessions will be rather long and inability to sleep/stretch/eat enough before affected me. Good thing is that I got a way to address each, I'm in charge of a rota at work which means I can set myself up for the days I gym with more sleep. 2/3 sessions I will do a home so I will stretch before enough, the one session in the gym will be deadlifts and shoulders so should be fine relatively. I will get more food during lunch on the days I gym...Going to do a hepburn style routine and keep it simple, might do the bench session on the weekend. Bless.

Quick Reply

Latest