The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geog Unit 3 & 4: 6GE03 01 & 6GE04 01 - 05 & 09 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Theawesomejem
Yesssssssss!! The pre-release is perfection a similar one was released a few years back and there's a mark scheme+examiner's report... aka I'm memorising an answer and twisting it to the Q in the exam😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you know what year it was. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by pezisland37
Yeah, I am now aha is there another thread for it?

creating one now
here is the thread i just set up. hopefully we can get some good revision details on this.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4620864
Reply 63
Original post by rmjp
is anyone doing food supply for unit 4?

Meee:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Does anyone do pollution and health for unit 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by Theawesomejem
This is my first thoughts on the unit 3 pre-release :smile:

This is really helpful, thanks mate!
Reply 66
Original post by Joshy4922
do you know what year it was. any help would be greatly appreciated.

June 2012 :smile:
Reply 67
has anyone got any useful pre release notes from their teacher? mine is useless
Reply 68
does anyone have pros and cons of measure of development mentioned in the unit 3 pre release- human freedom index and happy planet index?
Has anyone found any information on the transoceanic ocean railway line through honduras seems impossible currently
Original post by Da Bee
Does anyone do pollution and health for unit 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do! Literally hardly anyone does it on TSR haha
The prerelease was okay, but we haven't done any Unit 4 work since the beginning of term we literally haven't done any practice so I'm kinda worried yikes we've been taught literally nothing on how to do the report soo if anyone could help out with any resources I'd appreciate it greatly :smile:
I'd highly suggest having a look at the hpi website, particularly Costa Rica's data some good facts on there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by zaraaaa.m
I do! Literally hardly anyone does it on TSR haha
The prerelease was okay, but we haven't done any Unit 4 work since the beginning of term we literally haven't done any practice so I'm kinda worried yikes we've been taught literally nothing on how to do the report soo if anyone could help out with any resources I'd appreciate it greatly :smile:

Thank goodness someone actually does this rather unpopular topic! Have you done any of the contents?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChantelleRowe
I'd highly suggest having a look at the hpi website, particularly Costa Rica's data some good facts on there

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a look on there's yesterday- they said 2016 results HPI for Costa Rica (still the highest) was 44.7?? Whereas in 2012 it says on the PR it's 64.0 or something? Do you think the index globally went down for everyone or?? Cos panama moved up by one but the HPI values for all in 2016 were lower than 2012 values on then PR which is confusing
Original post by angelscity
I had a look on there's yesterday- they said 2016 results HPI for Costa Rica (still the highest) was 44.7?? Whereas in 2012 it says on the PR it's 64.0 or something? Do you think the index globally went down for everyone or?? Cos panama moved up by one but the HPI values for all in 2016 were lower than 2012 values on then PR which is confusing

I did wonder this also but i do think that results have just dramatically decreased for everyone as if you look back at past data (still coming from the HPI website) it does show the same results as the PR states for 2012 (https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5735c421e321402778ee0ce9/t/578cb7e8b3db2b247150c93e/1468839917409/happy-planet-index-report-2012.pdf).
I'm not sure why this would have happened but it seems to have but i would stick to the data that the PR has given as they wouldn't expect use to have updated it to the most recent figures. :smile:
Ah righty, weird but cool haha!! Thank you so much!! Our teacher told us to get updated versions of that data but I didn't think we'd need it like you've said! Not too sure what we would use it for tbh

Original post by ChantelleRowe
I did wonder this also but i do think that results have just dramatically decreased for everyone as if you look back at past data (still coming from the HPI website) it does show the same results as the PR states for 2012 (https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5735c421e321402778ee0ce9/t/578cb7e8b3db2b247150c93e/1468839917409/happy-planet-index-report-2012.pdf).
I'm not sure why this would have happened but it seems to have but i would stick to the data that the PR has given as they wouldn't expect use to have updated it to the most recent figures. :smile:
Is anyone doing cold environments for unit 4?
Reply 77
Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone had managed to find anything on the Transoceanic Railway in Honduras for Figure 11 in the synoptic pre-release? I'm trying to make mini case studies relating to the figures and I cannot find anything on it at all!

Thanks
Emily
Reply 78
anyone have any predictions for the three synoptic questions this year??
Reply 79
Original post by Eve-99
anyone have any predictions for the three synoptic questions this year??

Join this thread, it's more active http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4433994

A lot of people are posting their predictions there (on page 8 onwards)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending